Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is the Toin Coss? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 01, 2007, 02:48:01 AM

Ok...right now it's up in the air. The rule states it goes by record...then strength of schedule...then divisional record...then conference record...then coin toss. The big question is does that apply because the Bucs and Cleveland are in different conferences and divisions. If it doesn't apply, then there will be a coin toss. If it does apply, then they both are winless in their respective divisions but Cleveland has the better record in the AFC vs the Bucs record vs the NFC. Cleveland is 3-9 and the Bucs are 2-10. That would give the Bucs the edge and the 3rd pick in the draft. I haven't read anywhere that head to head is considered. So, the fact that the Bucs beat Cleveland doesn't matter...I think.

Even though it says division records apply...I think that's only if they are in the same division and conference. Last year the 49ers and Oakland both finished 4-10 and the same strength of schedule...opponents had a .539 win percentage. The 49ers had a 2-4 division record and a 3-9 NFC record. The Raiders were 0-6 in their division and only 2-10 in the AFC. Because the 49ers had better records...that made the Raiders worse and thus the Raiders got the 6th pick and the 49ers the 7th.

With that being said...I have read several articles that state there was a coin toss between the Raiders and the 49ers that was held at the Combine. The 49ers actually won and thus got the 6th pick. The following is from NFL.com:

"INDIANAPOLIS -- The San Francisco 49ers won a coin toss and will get the sixth pick in the April draft, followed by the Oakland Raiders.
The Bay Area teams both finished 4-12 last season, tying for the sixth and seventh picks. Because they also tied on strength of schedule, a coin toss was required."

Because of this, I believe there will in fact be a coin toss between the Bucs and the Browns for the 3rd pick in the draft. The only other difference between our situation and the one last year is that the Raiders and 49ers didn't play eachother last year. But again, I haven't read anywhere that head to head is even a consideration.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 01, 2007, 02:52:46 AM

Here's a quote from another article...

The coin toss to determine draft order was necessary because the 49ers and Raiders finished with 4-12 records last season and were deadlocked in the only tiebreaker, strength of schedule.

I really think there's going to be a coin toss for that 3rd pick. It should be done right around the combine or shortly after. Last year it was done at the combine...in 2002 it was a month before the draft.

Ray

Practice Squad

#17 : January 01, 2007, 03:10:36 AM

It will be a coin toss.  That's that.

#18 : January 01, 2007, 07:19:15 AM

who calls it?

Either way just thank God Bettis isn't on our team
LOL

#19 : January 01, 2007, 08:49:22 AM

why am I thinking that in coin toss situations the 2 teams alternate...so whover picks 3rd in the 1st round picks @ 4 in the 2nd...back and forth thru the 7th round.....

coopsxx

Starter
#20 : January 01, 2007, 09:06:54 AM

if it is a coin toss it will be very soon, they wont wait that long, probably in the next week or two i would guess. they need to know quickly

#21 : January 01, 2007, 09:58:18 AM

What is a "Toin Coss?"

replica

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 01, 2007, 12:48:55 PM

That Toin Coss really messed me up, can't focus...

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#23 : January 01, 2007, 08:51:32 PM

The more important question is "Heads" or "Tails"?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 01, 2007, 08:58:32 PM

IT'S A DAMN COIN TOSS EVERYONE!!! It has been announced by the NFL and the Bucs and PR. End of freaking story. It will be done in mark and someone from the Bucs personell department will be there along with the Browns.

nflinsider

Starter

#25 : January 01, 2007, 09:02:04 PM

A freaking coin toss??? Are you kidding me??? All the technology, strength of schedule, conference wins/losses and we're flipping a freaking coin. Why don't we have a tug of war, or rock paper scissors?

replica

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 02, 2007, 08:05:53 AM

..and not till March?? How the he** can they do that? Bast*rds!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 02, 2007, 08:18:18 AM

Come on guys even at number 4 we get our guy...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 02, 2007, 08:22:33 AM

I don't agree with the coin toss thing.   We kicked the crap out of the Browns in their house.   We shouldn't pick before them.

#29 : January 02, 2007, 08:33:02 AM

What is a "Toin Coss?"

Something Mr.Brackins does when he's bored.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is the Toin Coss? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools