Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF OFFENSE « previous next »
Page: 1

swirless

Pro Bowler

: October 03, 2008, 07:10:15 AM

That is disgusting has been and will continue to be, Offense:  Let Grothe run around..........................why can't they consistently run the football give it to Mike Ford or Taylor on a consistent basis, maybe an offense similar to Ohio State, I am not an OSU fan, but they are consistent with what they do and are successful at it, this offense is disgusting

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#1 : October 03, 2008, 07:20:46 AM

It's not going to change until that buffoon of an OC Grant Gregory is gone. Here's to hoping he "steps away" after this season is over

swirless

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 03, 2008, 07:32:13 AM

It's not going to change until that buffoon of an OC Grant Gregory is gone. Here's to hoping he "steps away" after this season is over

Then I am not the only one to see what a joke that offense is, Grothe is adequate but it looks like they play backyard football, let grothe run around, you go to the tree and turn around

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : October 03, 2008, 07:53:02 AM

Well, according to Gregory, USF's offense does not have a scheme, they have a conglomoration of stuff...  This was mentioned at the beginning of the broadcast last night.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 03, 2008, 09:31:31 AM

Well, according to Gregory, USF's offense does not have a scheme, they have a conglomoration of stuff...  This was mentioned at the beginning of the broadcast last night.

Heard that, terrible................run to the fire hydrant, past the buick and stop

give ford the ball 25 times like pitt did with its back

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 03, 2008, 09:36:43 AM

QFT

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 03, 2008, 10:51:13 AM

Our OC is a joke.  I wonder if Kiffin wants to come back to college?

We get out game planned week in and week out.  This running back by commitee is  worthless.  Everybody knows who the best back on the team is.  Why do we not give him the ball till late in the game?

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : October 03, 2008, 11:15:11 AM

Kiffin to USF...I like it

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 03, 2008, 11:23:28 AM

Kiffin to USF...I like it

lol

LFO

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 04, 2008, 01:18:46 PM

Or Taylor.

IMO Taylor is the better back, just needs the ball more.

In some ways, UF and USF are similar.  Both have a lot of talented backs, but neither settles on one and that hurts the offense.  IMO when you are constantly shuffling RB's in and out, you can't get a rhythm and you are left trying to get everyone their touches and the end result is not good.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 04, 2008, 04:44:12 PM

well whoever but give them the ball

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 04, 2008, 07:42:36 PM

Well, according to Gregory, USF's offense does not have a scheme, they have a conglomoration of stuff... This was mentioned at the beginning of the broadcast last night.

Or Taylor.

In some ways, UF and USF are similar. Both have a lot of talented backs, but neither settles on one and that hurts the offense. IMO when you are constantly shuffling RB's in and out, you can't get a rhythm and you are left trying to get everyone their touches and the end result is not good.

They could utilize those two and it may be ok.  It's the rotating of 4 or 5 guys plus several designed runs by Grothe that is killing this offense.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 04, 2008, 10:46:23 PM

Well, according to Gregory, USF's offense does not have a scheme, they have a conglomoration of stuff... This was mentioned at the beginning of the broadcast last night.

Or Taylor.

In some ways, UF and USF are similar. Both have a lot of talented backs, but neither settles on one and that hurts the offense. IMO when you are constantly shuffling RB's in and out, you can't get a rhythm and you are left trying to get everyone their touches and the end result is not good.

They could utilize those two and it may be ok.  It's the rotating of 4 or 5 guys plus several designed runs by Grothe that is killing this offense.

I agree.  I think 2 is fine, but any more is overkill. 

Really, it is the same for UF.  Settle on 2 of Rainey, Demps, and Moody (when healthy) or even Harvin.  But trying to get Rainey, Harvin, Demps, Moody, James, and more touches from the RB spot along with Tebow hurts the team IMO.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF OFFENSE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools