Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official 2008-2009 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: October 05, 2008, 03:40:02 PM

For fellow Hockey fans...The regular season started for the Lightning this weekend with 2 games against the Rangers played in the Czech Republic . Unfortunately, they lost both games 2-1.

Surprisingly, the offense has looked like a$$ so far. The goal tending though is much improved and prevented the 2 losses from being much worse. I liked what I saw from both Smith and Kolzig.

A lot of new faces this year and a new system with The Mullet as the new coach. Hopefully the guys just need time to learn the new system and gel and then things will come together. It'll be interesting to see how they do in the home opener against Carolina next weekend

It's strange not seeing Torts as the coach, time will tell if it was a mistake to can him. 

#1 : October 06, 2008, 09:47:14 AM

Like I've said all offseason-------Our defense is awful, Matt Carle looks like garbage.

d3m3nt3db3atz

Second String
#2 : October 06, 2008, 02:38:43 PM

did ya see the game sunday .. we looked like pure garbage couldnt get the puck out of our own zone ... plus our PP was crap ... looks like the same time as last year except with differnt faces ...

Dumb and Dumber
B. Glazer & J. Glazer

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : October 06, 2008, 04:04:57 PM

The MVP line looked anything but on Sunday. They were better in Saturday's game, but not by much. The Mullet was not pleased postgame and criticized the offense, and especially the top 2 lines, for their lack of work. The team had more hits and won more faceoffs than the rangers, but were outshot 80-40 in the 2 games. Got to do better than that. Like mentioned above, it's hard to take shots when you're stuck in your own zone so much

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 06, 2008, 04:39:00 PM

Like I've said all offseason-------Our defense is awful, Matt Carle looks like garbage.

The defense was fine. It was the forecheck (or lack thereof) that sucked. The Lightning didn't challenge, didn't win the one-on-one battles, showed little courage in the corners. It was tough to watch.

Stratobuc

Starter
#5 : October 06, 2008, 04:45:16 PM

The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired defenseman Lukas Krajicek and left wing Juraj Simek from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for defenseman Shane O’Brien and right wing Michel Ouellet, executive vice president of hockey operations Brian Lawton announced today.

Maybe this helps the defense.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : October 11, 2008, 10:29:43 PM

Lightning pull out to a 3-0 lead in their home opener tonight against Carolina...only to blow it and lose in OT 4-3. Pathetic.  Penalties were out of control...Carolina had FIVE straight power plays, scoring on the last 2

#7 : October 12, 2008, 08:21:27 AM

Lightning pull out to a 3-0 lead in their home opener tonight against Carolina...only to blow it and lose in OT 4-3. Pathetic. Penalties were out of control...Carolina had FIVE straight power plays, scoring on the last 2

Our defense is horrible

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : October 12, 2008, 10:07:22 AM

It looked they were turning things around from last weekend, they played a good 1st 2 periods. But then blew up in the 3rd and got outshot 20-2 in that period alone

#9 : October 12, 2008, 10:11:18 AM

This team would be 2-1 right now with Dan Boyle

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#10 : October 19, 2008, 03:28:15 AM

well, they took the game tonight to a shootout at least....still lost. They're progressing I guess, from losses, to OT loss, to shootout loss, eventually it will progress to an actual win, right?

Minnesota is a good team, nice job holding them to no goals until the shootout. Actually out shot them, but still couldn't find the net. Gratton had a GREAT chance to win it with seconds left, still can't believe he didn't get it in.  Minny was 0-7 on the PP. Nice job there on the penalty kill. The number of penalty minutes this year is still disturbing. Don't know whether it's the refs, or the players, but it seems that if the lightning look at a guy the wrong way they end up in the box. 

Got_Spleen

Starter

#11 : October 19, 2008, 11:40:23 AM

The PIM's are obscene this year. Who knows how long, if ever, it will take this group to get some continuity. I think it's time to bring back the Seen Stamkos? promo. Cause, Lord knows, we ain't seen him yet.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : October 19, 2008, 11:57:26 AM

I saw Stamkos, he had a pitiful attempt in the shootout last night...

Got_Spleen

Starter

#13 : October 20, 2008, 11:42:17 AM

I saw Stamkos, he had a pitiful attempt in the shootout last night...

Exactly...

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 21, 2008, 12:25:07 AM

There has been so much football and baseball lately I have neglected the Bolts.  Are they losing tough or getting beat?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official 2008-2009 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools