Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Need Advice « previous next »
Page: 1

mdarby

Rookie
: October 04, 2008, 01:17:42 PM

Ok...this is hard for me to ask since I NEVER ask for fantasy advice.  However, I am playing my best friend this week and MUST win or I will NEVER hear the end of it.  I was someone who had Brady and of course lost him.  I was able to pick up Matt Schaub, Trent Edwards and J.T. O'Sullivan.  Last week I felt Shaub would do nothing against Jacksonville and thought O'Sullivan would put up some numbers against New Orleans...you all know what happened.  Fortunately, I won in spite of O'Sullivan.  Who should I start this week?  I'm not really considering O'Sullivan since he is facing the Patriots defense coming off a bye and having two weeks to prepare for him.  That said, should I start Shaub or Edwards?  Shaub will be at home (emotional home opener after the hurricane) against a division foe and probaby be behind early so he my HAVE to throw.  But, the Colts are ranked #2 in pass defense.  Conversely, Favre threw for 6 TD's aginst the Cardinals last week and now Edwards gets to face them.  Again, this may be a shootout forcing Edwards to throw.  Half of the prognosticators favor Shaub and half favor Edwards.  HELP!!!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 04, 2008, 01:41:50 PM

i think they are equal.  wont lie.  either way its gonna be mediocre.

they both had big games last week, they will come back to normal.  trent edwards is bound to have a bad game soon, so i would go with schaub.

kmitchell

Starter

#2 : October 04, 2008, 02:01:57 PM

I think Trent Edwards will have the better game, Arizona's defense is pretty bad.

jameswilder

Starter

#3 : October 04, 2008, 05:55:13 PM

I'm starting Edwards this week on one of my teams.
Schaub will most likely be passing alot this week trying to keep pace with Manning since both starting safetys are out for Houston, but his #1 WR has yet to catch a touchdown. (Johnson)

I'm liking Buffalo more and more every week, and I think Edwards has a bigger week than Schaub.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

#4 : October 04, 2008, 07:40:32 PM

Edwards and its pretty obvious imo.

#5 : October 05, 2008, 12:01:32 PM

Edwards and its pretty obvious imo.

Why is it obvious?

If Schaub can light up the Jags on the road, surely he can put up nice numbers at home and Edwards hasn't had more than 1td per game this year. Hell, he only has 14tds thru 11 games started.

Schaub would be my play.

#6 : October 05, 2008, 12:07:33 PM

BREAKING NEWS:

Matt Schaub has some type of virus and will not start today.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#7 : October 05, 2008, 12:26:26 PM

I'd go Edwards, as well.

#8 : October 05, 2008, 04:38:09 PM

Edwards hurt.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Need Advice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools