Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6+ Year Gruden Supporter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 23

: October 06, 2008, 06:56:25 PM

No need to chastise him about his lame attempt to flex his internet muscles

Sick 'em bro! ;D

LMAO.... i always get a kick out of those that resort to name-calling from the safety and security of their home or office.

By the way Ed, good thread.

You're a joke

As hard as you may find this to believe, i've been called worse.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 06, 2008, 07:15:34 PM

It is because some ok ago with floating along in mediocrity and are content with what happened seven years ago

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#2 : October 06, 2008, 09:08:58 PM

As many of us have stated this team is some where between 8-8 and 10-6, but you would think after seven years of the same offense that there would be a natural progression of the team actually getting better with the more time they spend in an offense but it seems year after after they only get worse

Pretty much agree with this assessment.  But I am also of the opinion that it will remain stagnant so long as we continue to BAND AID the quarterback position.

QFT.  We just aren't going to get more productivity out of [insert random vet FA QB here] than we already get with every other patch we've rolled out.  Unless we manage to hit the jackpot, we are maxed out on the FA vet production scale.

I had this team pegged as 10-6 this year, I felt that all the pieces were there for at least that much, and that it wouldn't matter much which of the 3 QBs we played.  But both Jeff and Brian have totally shot all my confidence in that prediction out of the water.  As long as either of them is QB our record could easily be much worse than that, and it the end it won't matter what the record is, because neither of them has what it takes to win  in the postseason.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 06, 2008, 09:07:56 PM

Well I think that falls on the GM and the coach, This team has had 7 years to either draft, trade or sign a free agent QB and has done nothing but set forth to apply that band aid

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#4 : October 06, 2008, 09:03:56 PM

As many of us have stated this team is some where between 8-8 and 10-6, but you would think after seven years of the same offense that there would be a natural progression of the team actually getting better with the more time they spend in an offense but it seems year after after they only get worse

Pretty much agree with this assessment.  But I am also of the opinion that it will remain stagnant so long as we continue to BAND AID the quarterback position.

#5 : October 06, 2008, 09:02:20 PM

ufojoe

The thread was started, NOT as whining, rather as an observation/opinion.

I don't whack out on your political views on the other board, as it is your opinion.  Just wanted to be clear here.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 06, 2008, 08:54:04 PM

Actually I am not disappointed after a win or loss.

I have been consistent in my belief that this years team is a 9-7 blue collar, middle of the road- average team.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 06, 2008, 08:51:19 PM

lol you sure about that?  the chronic guy eats it up.  He gets a chance to troll around and tell us all how awesome Simms is.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 06, 2008, 08:52:42 PM

The biggest problem IMO, is that half of these guys aren't happy after wins either...

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 06, 2008, 08:49:25 PM

BuccinA, no fan's ever happy after a loss.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 06, 2008, 08:46:44 PM

Joe? They aren't "waiting" at all...lol

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 06, 2008, 08:47:01 PM

Ok joe then point the finger at the right people not the group as a whole.   Not once have I said fire Gruden.  That would be stupid.  No one else is out there.   You can call it whining and I'll call it a passionate disgust.   Whether or not we win or lose if they play like that.....penalties, poor decisions by coaches, etc etc etc  my stance will be the same.   If you don't like a topic or the responses then why waste your time replying?  Just move on or make your own thread to speak about the positives.  There were some.  Like the defense...again.  Just sick of watching those guys play so hard and it go for nothing cause we can't find an open receiver past the first down marker.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 06, 2008, 08:40:02 PM

I'm not gonna join the arsenic laced kool aid party. I'm not gonna bash. I'm gonna root hard and hope it all works out.

Since it's all I can do. Or any of you for that matter. Does anyone here really believe that not liking Gruden is gonna accomplish anything? Really?

Where's Jim Jones when you need him?

They're waiting for the end of the season so they can say, "I told you so!"

I'm extremely frustrated with yesterday's performance. But Sunday is right around the corner.

Carolina is a very good team. We win that game and we're fine. If not, we could be in big trouble.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 06, 2008, 08:36:28 PM

I'm not gonna join the arsenic laced kool aid party. I'm not gonna bash. I'm gonna root hard and hope it all works out.

Since it's all I can do. Or any of you for that matter. Does anyone here really believe that not liking Gruden is gonna accomplish anything? Really?

Where's Jim Jones when you need him?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 06, 2008, 08:37:45 PM

Why is it whining if you're sick of watching a mediocre offense? � Is it not the same as you asking for them to start McCown? �Some are just moronic trolls true but that's not everyone. �It was a pitiful performance. �One loss against a good AFC team is not a huge deal but you'd at least, as a fan, like to see a competitive and fundamentally sound game. �It's week 5 not week 2 of preseason. �Those penalties should be long gone by now. � �Galloway will likely have another foot or hamstring injury his first practice or game back. �At this point I think you game plan for him being gone every game and just act surprised when he's able to go.

It's whining because it's non-stop with any loss. The same points over and over in thread after thread.

I'm not crying for McCown and not throwing Gruden under the bus if he doesn't start. Maybe Luke comes in and stinks up the joint.

Calling for Gruden's head at this point? Why? It's not going to happen. And if we go on to win a few games and make the
playoffs, do you put off the whining until we lose again? And then start again?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6+ Year Gruden Supporter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools