Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6+ Year Gruden Supporter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 23

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 06, 2008, 08:32:20 PM

Why is it whining if you're sick of watching a mediocre offense?   Is it not the same as you asking for them to start McCown?  Some are just moronic trolls true but that's not everyone.  It was a pitiful performance.  One loss against a good AFC team is not a huge deal but you'd at least, as a fan, like to see a competitive and fundamentally sound game.  It's week 5 not week 2 of preseason.  Those penalties should be long gone by now.    Galloway will likely have another foot or hamstring injury his first practice or game back.  At this point I think you game plan for him being gone every game and just act surprised when he's able to go.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 06, 2008, 08:28:25 PM

Ed,
To me it was the kiss of death for Gruden if I remember right the Glazer did Dungy the same way new deal, then after going one and done in the playoffs he was canned for a lack luster offense

One major difference...

Gruden has a track record of having offenses that can move the ball. Our playoff run and his time in Oakland were an example
of that.

Dungy didn't have that track record so there was no reason to think that he would ever achieve that.

With Gruden, at least we have some hope. IF we get a top ten QB and top (and healthy) WR.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 06, 2008, 08:23:13 PM

Whatever ...

Man the suicide hotlines.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 06, 2008, 08:24:37 PM

Gruden's system stinks,  right?

The Cowboys have a better system?

The have a top notch QB and a top notch receiver and a solid team.

How many playoff games have they won in recent years?

We need a top ten QB and WR and we'll be fine. But can Bruce Allen come through and get that?

According to Gruden, Galloway could be back in the next few weeks. Hopefully.

I'm sure if Gruden had his way, our draft would have been a lot different in the past few years.
We all know that.

Gruden isn't going anywhere and we're stuck with these players for now.

So why whine constantly?

I'll wait to see how we do this week. If Garcia (or Luke, please) is in and the offense perks up  AND we win,
then we're in first place and Joey won't be far behind.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 06, 2008, 08:06:34 PM

Ed,
To me it was the kiss of death for Gruden if I remember right the Glazer did Dungy the same way new deal, then after going one and done in the playoffs he was canned for a lack luster offense

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 06, 2008, 08:03:51 PM

Yucs,
What you say may be true. Other than Dunn, what other free agents have made an impact ?? What quality coaches other than Morris did we sign ??
However with ticket sales down and if we do not end up with a successful season, I believe that the Glazers could become anxious and consider a change.
When it comes down to their pocket book, you get the Glazers attention.

Faine....worth every penny IMO.   Bryant....so far so good.  Gilmore.....I dig it.
Up until yesterday Faine and the "O" line looked good. Yesterday they all stunk it up a bit. Especially Trueblood. Bryant and Gilmore are coming into their own.

#21 : October 06, 2008, 06:47:02 PM

Thanks Skip....I never saw the need, or understood the need, for the name-calling or the hatred.  As stated prior, it IS just a game after all.  And if some people's lives revolve around a Buc win or loss, they have far more important personal issues that require immediate attention.

I've been on the bandwagon for 32 years and counting and I am disappointed at every loss.  Heck, I survived the era 1983-1995.

I don't hate Gruden or any of the other coaches.  I don't hate any of the other posters or any of the fans.

That said, I definitely DO feel the same frustrations.

And nowhere in the original post did I mention that I had given up on my boys or the coaches.  That would be the TOTAL opposite of being a fan.

#22 : October 06, 2008, 07:57:56 PM

J.J.

Agree that it would be difficult to attract FA's to a team that is uncertain of the coach's future.  That said, I'm not convinced that is why the Glazer's offered the deal.  We can only speculate at their reasoning and only they will know for sure.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 06, 2008, 07:08:25 PM

Agree with the original poster.   That game was just pathetic.   If I had seen anything resembling a 3-1 team out there then no big deal really.  They looked horrible though.  Losing in a shootout with that offense would be understandable but for our D to play as well as they did and the offense to put up 13 it's just inexcusable.    I think some of you that are saying the negative and angry posters are jumping off a cliff need to not lump us altogether.   There are trolls that just prefer to see the Bucs lose so they can claim they were right all along.  (see chronichotair guy)  Then there are real fans of the team who want us to succeed but are fed up with this miserable offense when our defense plays so well.  That would be the rest of us.   I really don't see how you can't be at least a little pissed off after watching that game.   Gruden can be a great coach, we all know that.  He'll be a big part of Bucs history forever because of the first superbowl win.  He just needs to adapt somehow to get us going again.   You can't give the guy a lifetime pass for 2001.  The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" type of league and rightfully so.   He's had the time needed to rebuild.  We should be winning playoff games by now or changing the leadership.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 06, 2008, 07:55:23 PM

Yucs,
What you say may be true. Other than Dunn, what other free agents have made an impact ?? What quality coaches other than Morris did we sign ??
However with ticket sales down and if we do not end up with a successful season, I believe that the Glazers could become anxious and consider a change.

Faine....worth every penny IMO.   Bryant....so far so good.  Gilmore.....I dig it.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 06, 2008, 07:54:22 PM

Yucs,

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 06, 2008, 07:54:03 PM

The main reason the Glazers gave Gruden an extension this past season was not because of last season but boiled down to being able to try and attract free agents and quality coaches as none would have come and played for a coach with just one year remaining on his deal knowing there own future would be up in the air as well

Most of the Bucs cap space sits unused while Troupe, Wilson, and Douglas didn't even make the team.  Slightly more than half of the Bucs new free agents have stuck around with the team (Faine, Dunn, Wilkerson, Gilmore, Bryant) and all of them with the exception of Faine are dirt cheap? ???

Not sure that is the goal they intended to have with the team. ???

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 06, 2008, 07:46:17 PM

The main reason the Glazers gave Gruden an extension this past season was not because of last season but boiled down to being able to try and attract free agents and quality coaches as none would have come and played for a coach with just one year remaining on his deal knowing there own future would be up in the air as well

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 06, 2008, 07:42:14 PM

Yucs,
You are right. And it is hard to believe that it was 7 years ago. We did win the division last year and that got Gruden a pass for this season.. But overall after the super bowl year, the defense has had to carry a god awful offense. Monte has done an outstanding job as out defensive guru !! Cant say the same for our offensive guru.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 06, 2008, 06:42:23 PM

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6+ Year Gruden Supporter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools