Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6+ Year Gruden Supporter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23

klb55

Starter

#30 : October 06, 2008, 06:40:42 PM

No need to chastise him about his lame attempt to flex his internet muscles

Sick 'em bro! ;D

LMAO.... i always get a kick out of those that resort to name-calling from the safety and security of their home or office.

By the way Ed, good thread.

You're a joke

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 06, 2008, 08:59:20 PM

As many of us have stated this team is some where between 8-8 and 10-6, but you would think after seven years of the same offense that there would be a natural progression of the team actually getting better with the more time they spend in an offense but it seems year after after they only get worse

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#32 : October 06, 2008, 08:53:00 AM

I have "had Jon's back" since his arrival in 2002....loyal to a fault.

But after yesterday's debacle in Denver, I am to the point of utter frustration now.

I am still unsure if it is play-calling or execution, but one of the two is an issue...a HUGE issue....and something's gotta give here.

If it is the lack of proper personnel to execute the plays, the plays MUST be changed to suit the personnel.  Pretty simple really.

But if the coach is too stubborn to change the scheme/game plan to accommodate the personnel available, it is time for a change.  We went through a similar streak of stubbornness with Tony Dungy, which led to his dismissal.

The frustrating part is watching the opposition run routes to gain seperation from defenders and be open receivers.

Can our QB's not get the ball to our WR's?  Are our WR's that poor at running routes?  Is our o-line overrated....are they not where many of us thought they were?

And what about our running game?  We ran for 139 yards in the game....42 of those yards coming on 2 carries (38yd run by Graham....14yd run by Dunn)....which leaves 98 yds on 20 carries (4.8 avg ypc).....4.8 should get it done in this league.  But once again, we passed 36 times and ran 22 times.....bad mix.  It would be different if we were far behind on the scoreboard, but that was not the case.

I don't know the answers my fellow Buc Bretheran, but I am now to the same point of frustration as most others are.

A new coach will resolve the issues?  Who knows.  One thing is certain, which is that to fire Gruden now would be unwise.  The season is still very much salvageable at 3-2.

But Jon needs to re-think his game plan, his personnel, and his playcalling....and not wait another minute to do so.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 06, 2008, 09:01:15 AM

I agree with you. Jon needs to run more and have confidence in the run game. If he gets bottled up a few times he gives up on it

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#34 : October 06, 2008, 09:04:06 AM

Imagine if we could stretch the field at all. The threat of the big play could open up the running game even more.

gdavis

Starter

#35 : October 06, 2008, 09:13:05 AM

They averaged 4.3 yards per pass and 6.3 yards per rush.  Yet they only ran the ball 22 times and attempted 36 passes.  The longest pass play was 17 yards.

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 06, 2008, 09:18:46 AM

Is everyone ready to jump off of a cliff?

This is hilarious on here, very entertaining.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 06, 2008, 09:20:39 AM

Imagine if we could stretch the field at all. The threat of the big play could open up the running game even more.

Hit the nail on the head. We don't have a legitimate WR threat at all. Bryant is turning some heads but that's all I see really. It would definitely help if we had better play from the QB, but we don't have a way to stretch the field at all

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#38 : October 06, 2008, 09:26:56 AM

How could we stretch the field when most of Gruden's plays are designed to have the WR's run to a spot on the field, turn around and wait for the ball. There is almost no chance for run-after-catch in these play scenarios. Only a few plays does his offense actually resemble that of Bill Walsh's.  Jon Gruden's offensive philosophy and scheme design are utterly and ridiculously pathetic. I just don't understand how so many of you so called experts can be so blind.

#39 : October 06, 2008, 09:33:55 AM

But after yesterday's debacle in Denver, I am to the point of utter frustration now.

I am still unsure if it is play-calling or execution, but one of the two is an issue...a HUGE issue....and something's gotta give here.

If it is the lack of proper personnel to execute the plays, the plays MUST be changed to suit the personnel. Pretty simple really.

But if the coach is too stubborn to change the scheme/game plan to accommodate the personnel available, it is time for a change. We went through a similar streak of stubbornness with Tony Dungy, which led to his dismissal.

The frustrating part is watching the opposition run routes to gain seperation from defenders and be open receivers.

Can our QB's not get the ball to our WR's? Are our WR's that poor at running routes? Is our o-line overrated....are they not where many of us thought they were?

And what about our running game? We ran for 139 yards in the game....42 of those yards coming on 2 carries (38yd run by Graham....14yd run by Dunn)....which leaves 98 yds on 20 carries (4.8 avg ypc).....4.8 should get it done in this league. But once again, we passed 36 times and ran 22 times.....bad mix. It would be different if we were far behind on the scoreboard, but that was not the case.

I don't know the answers my fellow Buc Bretheran, but I am now to the same point of frustration as most others are.

A new coach will resolve the issues? Who knows. One thing is certain, which is that to fire Gruden now would be unwise. The season is still very much salvageable at 3-2.

But Jon needs to re-think his game plan, his personnel, and his playcalling....and not wait another minute to do so.

Prefer, I feel ya bro. When the "old guard" is starting to get restless, its time to take heed. I watch a LOT of football... i'm a football junkie if you will and just can't for the life of me understand why our offense is so pathetic. My only conclusion is that it HAS to be the scheme. Too many "parts" have come and gone yet the results are still the same. I've discussed this with Buc fans many times, most recently Chev yesterday and my biggest gripe(among many) is that the west coast offense is built around the short pass allowing the WRs to get YAC meanwhile Gruden's Gulf Coast version calls for too many routes that have the WR, TE or backs run to a spot and turn around with their backs to the defense. This drives me freakin nutz.... where is the YAC to come from?

If we don't have the personnell for that, than adjust the scheme already. What is the point of having a 6-4 Clayton, 6-5 Stovall and 6-7 Stevens and not throw the ball into the EZ from inside the 20. It happens around the league all the time with mediocre talent. Mediocre talent like an OLD Ike Bruce caught 2 td passes from JT O'Sullivan(who?) yesterday.... Sinorice Moss 2. And who the hell are Greg Camirillo, Dominic Hixon and Steve Breaston? Its beyond frustrating.

Say what you will but Chucky was brought here because of his supposed area of expertise and to this point, his expertise is severely lacking. I keep hearing that he's challenged the Defense to score tds... well how bout putting that same emphasis on his side of the ball.  

And one more thing. I'm tired of the QB merry-go-round.... i want to get off. I know this is unpopular with the majority, but hand the ball to Luke and anoint him the starter come hell or high water and find out once and for all what you have in this guy.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 06, 2008, 09:43:47 AM

Nice post, Hate.  I'm always amazed when I see no name QBs and WRs hooking up for big plays but I never see that in Tampa.  I agree -- this offense is too complicated.

#41 : October 06, 2008, 09:45:41 AM

It is,  I've been smiling at this crap all morning...

ALMOST, makes me look forward to Mondays.

PR should set up a board for "after a loss" threads...

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 06, 2008, 09:47:52 AM

If it is the lack of proper personnel to execute the plays, the plays MUST be changed to suit the personnel. Pretty simple really.

But if the coach is too stubborn to change the scheme/game plan to accommodate the personnel available, it is time for a change. We went through a similar streak of stubbornness with Tony Dungy, which led to his dismissal.

Can our QB's not get the ball to our WR's? Are our WR's that poor at running routes? Is our o-line overrated....are they not where many of us thought they were?

And what about our running game? We ran for 139 yards in the game....42 of those yards coming on 2 carries (38yd run by Graham....14yd run by Dunn)....which leaves 98 yds on 20 carries (4.8 avg ypc).....4.8 should get it done in this league. But once again, we passed 36 times and ran 22 times.....bad mix. It would be different if we were far behind on the scoreboard, but that was not the case.

A new coach will resolve the issues? Who knows. One thing is certain, which is that to fire Gruden now would be unwise. The season is still very much salvageable at 3-2.

Prefer, I feel ya bro. When the "old guard" is starting to get restless, its time to take heed. I watch a LOT of football... i'm a football junkie if you will and just couldn't for the life of me understand why our offense is so pathetic. My only conslusion is that it HAS to be the scheme. Too many "parts" have come and gone yet the results are still the same. I've discussed this with Buc fans many times, most recently Chev yesterday and my biggest gripe(among many) is that the west coast offense is built around the short pass allowing the WRs to get YAC meanwhile Gruden's Gulf Coast version calls for too many routes that have the WR, TE or backs run to a spot and turn around with their backs to the defense. This drives me freakin nutz.... where is the YAC to come from?

If we don't have the personnell for that, than adjust the scheme already. What is the point of having a 6-4 Clayton, 6-5 Stovall and 6-7 Stevens and not throw the ball into the EZ from inside the 20. It happens around the league all the time with mediocre talent. Mediocre talent like an OLD Ike Bruce caught 2 td passes from JT O'Sullivan(who?) yesterday.... Sinorice Moss 2. And who the hell are Greg Camirillo, Dominic Hixon and Steve Breaston? Its beyond frustrating.

Say what you will but Chucky was brought here because of his supposed area of expertise and to this point, his expertise is severely lacking. I keep hearing that he's challenged the Defense to score tds... well how bout putting that same emphasis on his side of the ball.  

And one more thing. I'm tired of the QB merry-go-round.... i want to get off. I know this is unpopular with the majority, but hand the ball to Luke and anoint him the starter come hell or high water and find out once and for all what you have in this guy.

That's a hell of a post. I've been a big Gruden advocate for a while but even now I'm starting to doubt him. I always thought that what held our Offense back was having mediocre after mediocre OL, and that a solid OL would allow Gruden to open up the playbook. But, now with what I believe to be a pretty good OL, the offense is still the same putrid, dink nd dunk.

I just don't understand why Gruden's offense is labelled as so complex and intricate when virtually every pass route involves a guy running some simple route a few yards and then turning back to catch the ball with his back to the Defense. It's as you said, where the heck is the YAC to come from???

And what REALLY gets on my nerves these days is how, when you look at 90% of teams in the NFL, they have absolutely no trouble in running a comeback route and gaining an easy 12-15 yard completion. When the hell do we ever actually gain double-digit yards on a pass play? Hardly ever at all.

I can take all the dinky dunky s*** when Galloway is in there  because I know that he has genuine YAC ability and that when we complete that long bomb to him it seems to open up things for both our running game and passing game too. But without that deep threat, it just highlights how ordinary our Offense can be.

Finally, what the heck was going on at the end of the 2nd Quarter? According to PR Griese audibled out of a pass to hand it off to Warrick Dunn when we had easily enough time to take 1 maybe 2 shots in the endzone. Why didnt we just throw a f****** Jump Ball to Stovall seeing as that is what he was good at in College, and is actually a route which he can run well!??

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#43 : October 06, 2008, 09:49:48 AM

It is, I've been smiling at this crap all morning...

ALMOST, makes me look forward to Mondays.

PR should set up a board for "after a loss" threads...

So am I to assume that you two find nothing wrong with yesterday's performance?

#44 : October 06, 2008, 09:54:54 AM

Wrong - IMO - yes.

Timid QB.

and with no legitimate WR stretching the field a 'wrong combination'.

Too many flags.

Poor - Mediocre execution by our oline and dline yes.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6+ Year Gruden Supporter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools