Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Isn't Any Blame Being Put on the Defense? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: October 06, 2008, 10:14:47 AM

Despite the score, they were barely able to contain Denver's offense in the second half. If the Bucs don't allow the Broncos to get two first downs and run out the clock, we would have had a decent chance to kick a field goal and send the game to overtime.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#1 : October 06, 2008, 10:15:58 AM

because when you hold an opponent to 16 points, you have done a good job. didn't sapp always say, give me 17 points and i'll give you a win. defense did its job.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : October 06, 2008, 10:16:36 AM

Because the offense laid the turd here... this pathetic pile of crap offense didn't bother showing up today against the 20th ranked defense.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 06, 2008, 10:20:32 AM

Given that Denver averaged around 40 points a game before Sunday, I think the D did a pretty good job in holding them to a mere 16. But, this game was crying out for a turnover to help our inept Offense. Even so, I can't really fault the D much, except that the pass rush wasn't good enough at all.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 06, 2008, 10:22:29 AM

Because when the front office spends most of its high draft picks and substantive free agent money on the offense, it's a statement they're expecting the offense to carry the load. Why is Jovan Haye expected to play like Warren Sapp and Michael Clayton only expected to play like Reidel Anthony?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#5 : October 06, 2008, 10:22:58 AM

Horrible field position and Trueblood's penalties killed us. If Griese hadn't overthrown JS, we may have won by 1pt. The playcalling was terrible. They're averaging 6.4 per carry, and only 4.3 or so per catch. We should have ran it down their throat all day. Heck, right before half time we had plenty of time to go for a TD, but poor playcalling left them with a field goal.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 06, 2008, 10:24:45 AM

Despite the score, they were barely able to contain Denver's offense in the second half. If the Bucs don't allow the Broncos to get two first downs and run out the clock, we would have had a decent chance to kick a field goal and send the game to overtime.

I'm not sure about the above, but Denver definitely came out after halftime and seized the game...

Did the altitude play a factor for our D in the second half?

biffbeaumont

Starter

#7 : October 06, 2008, 10:25:02 AM

Defense did its job, despite losing Ruud. That's a damn good offense and we held them in check. The blame is squarely where it should be, on the offense and the head coach.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 06, 2008, 10:27:58 AM

Horrible field position and Trueblood's penalties killed us. If Griese hadn't overthrown JS, we may have won by 1pt. The playcalling was terrible. They're averaging 6.4 per carry, and only 4.3 or so per catch. We should have ran it down their throat all day. Heck, right before half time we had plenty of time to go for a TD, but poor playcalling left them with a field goal.

The average per carry is a misleading stat, because Dunn's one long run skews the numbers. I can think of a number of times when Gruden ran the ball on first and second down, only to find himself in a third and five, and not be able to convert the third down.

#9 : October 06, 2008, 10:29:55 AM

the defense? is this a joke?

Got_Spleen

Starter

#10 : October 06, 2008, 10:31:50 AM

The penalties seemed to kill us more than anything, besides field position. Trueblood kept killing momentum.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 06, 2008, 10:48:34 AM

The D played very good yesterday, this was the #1 O at home.

Griese lost the game with his conservative, timid play.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 06, 2008, 10:51:23 AM

I think people feel pity towards the defense giving what they have been able to do.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 06, 2008, 10:52:20 AM

the D played its part also. it was a tight game, denver moved to ball by using the same play a couple of times just out of a different formation , monte did not adjust and is slow to adjust at times

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 06, 2008, 10:56:34 AM

My God, we held Brandon Marshall to 3 catches for short yards and Royal to 2.  What else can our D do?
Clueless, sorry no other way to say it, blamin' our D, cluless!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Isn't Any Blame Being Put on the Defense? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools