Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Isn't Any Blame Being Put on the Defense? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DailyRich68

Starter
#15 : October 06, 2008, 11:41:53 AM

When your defense comes off the field after a stop, sits down to rest, and is back on the field four or five plays later because your offense can't move the ball, you shouldn't really be surprised if they wilt a little in the second half.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 06, 2008, 11:46:57 AM

Dude.....the defense played well yesterday.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 06, 2008, 11:47:36 AM

I thought the overall defense played great against that offense at home.  There are a few adjustments that should be made in order to get more pressure on the QB, IMO.

On the line, Sims, Wilkerson, and White need to be starting and getting more playing time instead of Haye, Hovan, and Carter.  Carter has to catch the ball that was thrown right to him.  Maybe the idea is to have your best players on the field for third down, I don't know, but it's doesn't matter if on first and second downs, their offense is getting 6 and 7 yards.

At Linebacker,  Brooks played another good game and Ruud was his solid-self.  Hayward did a fine job at the Mike when he filled in for Ruud.  June needs to be making more splash plays, IMO.

I thought the corners played excellently against those WR's.  The short routes in the flat was all they gave up.  

Although Jermaine Phillips led the team in tackles, he missed quite a few as well.  He continues to not wrap up on his tackles and just tries to make the big hit.  The angle he took on the TD was absolutely horrible...and that wasn't the only bad angle on the day for the Strong Safety.  Michael Pittman absolutely obliterated Phillips.  The defended pass was a good play, but shouldn't it have been an interception?  He continues to display some of the problems that plagued him in 2006, as opposed to what we saw from him last year.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Isn't Any Blame Being Put on the Defense? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools