Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden likes what he seeing out of the passing attack « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

king_frog

Hall of Famer
: October 06, 2008, 06:48:45 PM

Boy JG you are easy to please. That offense was worse than offensive. 1 TD against a crappy bronco defense. JG has your standard dropped that low ???

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 06, 2008, 06:48:25 PM

The Bucs offense allows the opposing defense to play completely one dimensional.  Just stuff the line of scrimmage and you'll stop the run if we ever decide to run and you'll also stop the 3-5 yard passing lanes.  There isn't a single deep threat on offense so they don't need to worry about the deep ball.....ever.    If he's happy with the way they move the ball and the amount of points being scored I've got to believe he's the only one.   I doubt the Bucs defense is satisfied with what the offense is doing.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 06, 2008, 09:13:02 PM

What do you really expect him to say?

Drastic changes may be needed? ???

A shake up is in order no?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 06, 2008, 09:11:23 PM

I care what he says, joe.  At least at times.  It shows at least he's not in denial about how lackluster the offense really played.  What do I expect him to say?  Maybe just not the same "tip my hat" crap he always does.  Maybe something like "those penalties are inexcusable and that's on me.  I'll be looking for players to help sustain drives not kill them."  No lamond I don't expect him to quit.  He's a good coach and our best option right now.  He just needs to pull his head out of his butt.

donny77

Starter

#4 : October 06, 2008, 09:03:48 PM

My question would be which one of our 4.6 - 40 receivers should we send deep. Without galloway or Dexter we have no one who can go deep especially against a team dropping 8 guys. I want to see the deep ball as much as anyone but that player is currently not on our roster. Hopefully BA will pick up a couple in the offseason or possibly in a trade this year but for right now it is what it is. If we send guys deep there are going to be more Picks and more sacks which i'm sure the Gruden haters would love.
Marques Colston, Hines Ward, Jerry Rice...  You don't need a fast 40 to run a deep route.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 06, 2008, 08:41:25 PM

I've heard Gruden say stuff l like, "We have to do better jobs as coaches," numerous times after losses.

But who really cares about what he says?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 06, 2008, 08:39:13 PM

I think they expect him to quit....LOL

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 06, 2008, 08:28:56 PM

What do you really expect him to say?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 06, 2008, 10:45:00 PM

It is amazing that he states the team needs to run the ball more but then refuses to do so.

This is getting old...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 06, 2008, 10:47:44 PM

Well, just pointing out even the coach thinks they need to run the football but then still gets all wet at the chance to throw on every down

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 06, 2008, 10:36:32 PM

I like our running game more and i think the offensive players do too. When is gruden going to see our offense is a "running team"?

When we are up by more than 2 TDs in the 4th quarter

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 06, 2008, 07:43:46 PM

Why is it that we have only 1 deep threat and he is old and beat up ???

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 06, 2008, 07:29:53 PM

My question would be which one of our 4.6 - 40 receivers should we send deep. Without galloway or Dexter we have no one who can go deep especially against a team dropping 8 guys. I want to see the deep ball as much as anyone but that player is currently not on our roster. Hopefully BA will pick up a couple in the offseason or possibly in a trade this year but for right now it is what it is. If we send guys deep there are going to be more Picks and more sacks which i'm sure the Gruden haters would love.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 06, 2008, 07:38:51 PM

You're right.  I just don't think Galloway will ever be "healthy" this season.   I'm not looking for the typical deep ball....just would like to see some pass routes that actually go past the first down markers once in a while.   Maybe just run the ball non stop until they pack the line.   Then run one play action pass and send everyone deep.  Might work once in a while.  33% success maybe.  Another 33% chance of a Griese pick six and 33% chance of a dropped pass.   Not any worse then what we do now.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#14 : October 06, 2008, 09:55:00 PM

I like our running game more and i think the offensive players do too. When is gruden going to see our offense is a "running team"?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden likes what he seeing out of the passing attack « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools