Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden likes what he seeing out of the passing attack « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 06, 2008, 05:53:29 PM

“I like the way we’re moving the football. I’d like to throw for more yards per attempt. Again, I’m happy with moving the football, converting third downs and scoring points. We’ve missed some opportunities in the last couple of weeks, but for us to be a good offensive team we’re going to have to run the ball."

This was Grudens response to a question asked by the media today on the passing game. Either he needs to have his eyes checked or just give up. His passing attack has not done anything for several years.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : October 06, 2008, 05:58:42 PM

Just typical Gruden speak. He says the same lines week after week, year after year.  I bet he says much more volatile things to the players about the offense behind closed doors.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#17 : October 06, 2008, 05:59:58 PM

Of course he likes it, he likes those short 3-5 yard passes, unfortunatly every other HC knows this which is why when someone catches a 3-5 yar pass the defense from the other team is right their stopping him from getting extra yards.
The biggest differance in this game was the defense didn't score. This system has been lousy from day one here, it only took 3-4 years for teams to learn to adapt and stop his offense, by the time he brought it here is was game over for this flash in the pan system, the only place this system should be is on NFL classic films along side of the Run and Shoot and other failed experiments..

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 06, 2008, 06:03:26 PM

It is amazing that he states the team needs to run the ball more but then refuses to do so.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 06, 2008, 06:23:38 PM

Run and Shoot    <<<<<<<  LOL LOL LOL

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 06, 2008, 06:27:11 PM

...also he said "scoring points"...did he not look at the scoreboard after the game was over?

This game wasn't the FSU-Miami game when the loser looked up and had scored 39 points!

.....just my opinion

Hit-55

Starter

#21 : October 06, 2008, 06:35:27 PM

Well that makes 1 of us who like the way our offense has been playing.

Fire the cannons!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 06, 2008, 09:26:04 PM

What do you really expect him to say?

"Our QBs today were a big steaming pile, so next week I'm giving Luke a shot"

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 07, 2008, 12:06:02 AM

Drastic changes may be needed? ???

A shake up is in order no?
Sure that's true. However, I wouldn't expect him to come out and say it in his PC.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#24 : October 07, 2008, 02:10:43 AM

I'm sorry but the running game went south when Askew went down.  Storer has heart but lacks the talent and size.   Again they cut a real talented backup that equaled Askew's horsepower.    Guess Storer is doing some good stuff ...huh??

MBF

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 07, 2008, 09:54:27 AM

Sure that's true. However, I wouldn't expect him to come out and say it in his PC.
Exactly. You'd have to be a complete moron to think Gruden would actually slam his players in the media.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 07, 2008, 10:12:16 AM

He had done so in the past.

Exactly. You'd have to be a complete moron to think Gruden would actually slam his players in the media.

You have reading comprehension issues.

How is that a slam? ???

MBF

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 07, 2008, 10:16:31 AM

Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...

Where I say that was a slam? Of course he's said people haven't played well, it's as if some of you expect him to really lay into Griese or someone.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 07, 2008, 10:16:57 AM

Changes are definitely needed. Drastic, maybe.

Probably no.  3-2 teams whose only loss was road losses to the #1 and #2 offenses rarely "shake up" things.  Is a shake up needed, yes. Is it coming soon, doubtful.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 07, 2008, 10:18:26 AM

You have reading comprehension issues.

How is that a slam? ???
Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...

Where I say that was a slam? Of course he's said people haven't played well, it's as if some of you expect him to really lay into Griese or someone.

Please provide the link where I said he should specifically call out any of the players? ???

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden likes what he seeing out of the passing attack « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools