Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden likes what he seeing out of the passing attack « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 07, 2008, 10:23:54 AM

Changes are definitely needed. Drastic, maybe.

Maybe?  Pass/run ratio, QB change, a shuffling of the WR core, etc.  That is an understatement.

Probably no.  3-2 teams whose only loss was road losses to the #1 and #2 offenses rarely "shake up" things.  Is a shake up needed, yes. Is it coming soon, doubtful.

If that is the case why are we experiencing a QB shuffle if all is well? Why is the play calling deviating away from Gruden's norm in his overall career?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 07, 2008, 10:33:19 AM

Maybe? Pass/run ratio, QB change, a shuffling of the WR core, etc. That is an understatement.

Probably no. 3-2 teams whose only loss was road losses to the #1 and #2 offenses rarely "shake up" things. Is a shake up needed, yes. Is it coming soon, doubtful.

If that is the case why are we experiencing a QB shuffle if all is well? Why is the play calling deviating away from Gruden's norm in his overall career?

I took your use of drastic to mean a change in personell/staff.  The QB shuffle is injury related.  The rest of your post, maybe I misinterpreted a bit.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 07, 2008, 10:41:49 AM

WR core corps

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 07, 2008, 11:43:57 AM

You don't have to slam individual players  to get across the fact that our offense stinks, it's unacceptable.
We're NOT doin' good things.  He has no problem callin' out the defense.  If this keeps up, and we start losing, it wouldn't surprise me to see our D....well, I don't wanna even go there.  He could point out that we're(his offense) is NOT doing their job, it's not pullin' its weight.  The QB's are NOT doing their jobs and they HAVE to play better.  There's no denying that Gruden protects "his guys" and does not accept crittcism or responsibility for not carry his end of the deal.  The offense is Grudens, and Jon Gruden and HIS offense is not gettin' the job done.  In fact, he and his offense are letting this entire team down.
Be a man, and take some responsibilty, quit this "we're doin' good things" garbage.  He and his offense are NOT doing good things, and he looks totally foolish saying such crap.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 07, 2008, 11:47:05 AM

Maybe? Pass/run ratio, QB change, a shuffling of the WR core, etc. That is an understatement.

Probably no. 3-2 teams whose only loss was road losses to the #1 and #2 offenses rarely "shake up" things. Is a shake up needed, yes. Is it coming soon, doubtful.

I took your use of drastic to mean a change in personell/staff.  The QB shuffle is injury related.  The rest of your post, maybe I misinterpreted a bit.

The QB shuffle injury related?  Kind of like how it was part of Gruden's plan to have Bennett inactive at the start of the season to outsmart opposing defensive coordinators?

Maybe you need to keep up with what has happened with the team thus far into the season?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 07, 2008, 11:47:42 AM

What do you really expect him to say?

Drastic changes may be needed? ???

A shake up is in order no?
Sure that's true. However, I wouldn't expect him to come out and say it in his PC.
Exactly. You'd have to be a complete moron to think Gruden would actually slam his players in the media.

You have reading comprehension issues.

How is that a slam? ???
Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...

Where I say that was a slam? Of course he's said people haven't played well, it's as if some of you expect him to really lay into Griese or someone.

Please provide the link where I said he should specifically call out any of the players? ???

Please provide the link where I said you said he should specifically call out any of the players? ???

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 07, 2008, 11:49:10 AM

Sure that's true. However, I wouldn't expect him to come out and say it in his PC.
Exactly. You'd have to be a complete moron to think Gruden would actually slam his players in the media.

You have reading comprehension issues.

How is that a slam? ???
Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...

Where I say that was a slam? Of course he's said people haven't played well, it's as if some of you expect him to really lay into Griese or someone.

Please provide the link where I said he should specifically call out any of the players? ???

Please provide the link where I said you said he should specifically call out any of the players? ???

So you can't provide a link.

It took you an hour later to put up the white flag.

It is okay junior.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 07, 2008, 11:50:22 AM

Keep reaching for the stars, maybe you'll catch one...lol

MBF

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 07, 2008, 11:51:13 AM

Ohh, I forgot who I was dealing with. Let me spell it out for you:

"Where I say that was a slam? Of course he's said people haven't played well, it's as if some of you expect him to really lay into Griese or someone."

Was I addressing you? Nope. But it's okay, any time you need help with understanding any posts, just ask. I know you aren't the brightest.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 07, 2008, 11:51:25 AM

Based on your response to spider you implicitly made that connection given spider was responding to my post.

Just because you do not have the guts to come out and say it explicitly doesn't mean I didn't see the shot fired towards my direction.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 07, 2008, 11:53:11 AM

Maybe it was a stray?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 07, 2008, 11:53:49 AM

Based on your response to spider you implicitly made that connection given spider was responding to my post.

Just because you do not have the guts to come out and say it explicitly doesn't mean I didn't see the shot fired towards my direction.

This just keeps getting better and better. Keep em' coming ADW, this is great. I fired a shot now did I?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 07, 2008, 11:55:20 AM

Ohh, I forgot who I was dealing with. Let me spell it out for you:

"Where I say that was a slam? Of course he's said people haven't played well, it's as if some of you expect him to really lay into Griese or someone."

Was I addressing you? Nope. But it's okay, any time you need help with understanding any posts, just ask. I know you aren't the brightest.

I said this:

Spider responded with this:

Then you chime in with your subtle sniping:

Try harder to cover your sniping next time.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 07, 2008, 11:57:29 AM

Maybe this is a hard concept for you to understand, but not every post is about you.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 07, 2008, 12:06:57 PM

I don't get why people even listen to press conferences.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden likes what he seeing out of the passing attack « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools