Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denny Green first casualty of "Black Monday" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« : January 01, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »

I won a cool $20 due to Denny getting fired. I bet a guy before the season started that he'd be fired at the end of the year. The guy was talking like Denny Green was some great coach. haha.

Denny wasn't who your buddy thought he was.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 01, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »

I won a cool $20 due to Denny getting fired.    I bet a guy before the season started that he'd be fired at the end of the year.   The guy was talking like Denny Green was some great coach.    haha.

« #2 : January 01, 2007, 05:07:36 PM »

that will be an attractive job. New stadium, high draft pick, young nucleus of skill position players on offense and defense (Leinhart,Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) (Dockett, Berry, Rolle, Wilson). They have the talent to contend for the playoffs in 2007 if they can fill a few holes on the o-line.

They could hire Jesus H. Christ as the new Coach, and they would still lose.

It is the Cardinals we are talking about here folks.

But with an upgraded O-line, I'm not sure how they could not compete for the NFC west next season. That team just looks too good on paper to be a sup par team. Maybe its just that loser stigma.
A few decades can't be wrong.

the saints seem to be doing ok.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #3 : January 01, 2007, 04:07:31 PM »

Muir wont be cut until the post season is over and Bruce can talk to potential replacements

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 01, 2007, 03:16:34 PM »

that will be an attractive job. New stadium, high draft pick, young nucleus of skill position players on offense and defense (Leinhart,Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) (Dockett, Berry, Rolle, Wilson). They have the talent to contend for the playoffs in 2007 if they can fill a few holes on the o-line.

But with an upgraded O-line, I'm not sure how they could not compete for the NFC west next season. That team just looks too good on paper to be a sup par team. Maybe its just that loser stigma.
A few decades can't be wrong.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #5 : January 01, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »

that will be an attractive job.  New stadium, high draft pick, young nucleus of skill position players on offense and defense (Leinhart,Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) (Dockett, Berry, Rolle, Wilson).  They have the talent to contend for the playoffs in 2007 if they can fill a few holes on the o-line.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 01, 2007, 03:08:51 PM »

that will be an attractive job.  New stadium, high draft pick, young nucleus of skill position players on offense and defense (Leinhart,Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) (Dockett, Berry, Rolle, Wilson).  They have the talent to contend for the playoffs in 2007 if they can fill a few holes on the o-line.

« #7 : January 01, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1470

« #8 : January 01, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »

Not suprising.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 01, 2007, 12:17:12 PM »

That didn't take long...

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 01, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »

that will be an attractive job.  New stadium, high draft pick, young nucleus of skill position players on offense and defense (Leinhart,Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) (Dockett, Berry, Rolle, Wilson).  They have the talent to contend for the playoffs in 2007 if they can fill a few holes on the o-line.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 01, 2007, 12:19:55 PM »

Let the games begin! On ESPN now too. Not really shocking. All that talent and nothing to show for it. I guess Denny Green is who we thought he was, now can his ass!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 01, 2007, 12:21:59 PM »

Just heard Alabama is going hard after Saban with a contract for $2.5 million per season and a total of $46 million! Even I would leave south beach for that!

« #13 : January 01, 2007, 12:25:58 PM »

that will be an attractive job.  New stadium, high draft pick, young nucleus of skill position players on offense and defense (Leinhart,Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) (Dockett, Berry, Rolle, Wilson).  They have the talent to contend for the playoffs in 2007 if they can fill a few holes on the o-line.

Just heard in "the Herd" that USC alums are getting worried that Pete Carroll will take that job. He couldn't ask for a much better situation. Aside from the the perks u mentioned already, he wouldn't be going into a tremendously tough division. There's no real power in the NFC west.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 01, 2007, 12:29:07 PM »

It will not be the last NFL coaching vacancy for sure though.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denny Green first casualty of "Black Monday" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools