Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denny Green first casualty of "Black Monday" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : January 01, 2007, 12:32:23 PM

It will not be the last NFL coaching vacancy for sure though.
Last one involving 'Gr__en

#16 : January 01, 2007, 12:38:30 PM

Can we add Muir to that list sometime today?

watson

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 01, 2007, 12:42:51 PM

Can we add Muir to that list sometime today?
I won't be surprised to see him name on the list and Kromer might be caught up in the process.  But I think it will be a couple of weeks for they make the changes.  The other possible candidates will be Mann and Valeho.  The WRs and RBs have underachieved this year as well. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 01, 2007, 12:43:48 PM

Isn't Joe Barry's father a pretty good college OL coach?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 01, 2007, 12:45:22 PM

Rookie QB, injuries....I'm stunned anyone fired him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#20 : January 01, 2007, 12:46:54 PM

Starting 1-6, having 3 first round WRs, a new RB with a mega deal, countless top 10 picks, blowing a what 4 TD lead....yeah compare him to Gruden all you want, at the end your points are invalid.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 01, 2007, 12:50:46 PM

Starting 1-6, having 3 first round WRs, a new RB with a mega deal, countless top 10 picks, blowing a what 4 TD lead....yeah compare him to Gruden all you want, at the end your points are invalid.

What, Gruden has 3 first round wR's, a RB with a mega-deal and we could have blown a 4 TD lead but we didn't score 4 Td's in most 4 game stretches this year.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

replica

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 01, 2007, 12:51:33 PM

Who else will get axed today? Muir is a good choice..Cower maybe? Art Shell?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 01, 2007, 12:51:48 PM

http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=359&section_id=15&top=21&level=2&season=1

Mike Barry is Asst. OL coach for the Detroit Lions so this would be a promotion.

#24 : January 01, 2007, 12:52:08 PM

What, Gruden has 3 first round wR's, a RB with a mega-deal and we could have blown a 4 TD lead but we didn't score 4 Td's in most 4 game stretches this year.

Hey look let's stretch the truths that two of those WR not only came from other teams, but were drafted in another decade.

#25 : January 01, 2007, 12:52:41 PM

^^great points^^

#26 : January 01, 2007, 12:53:41 PM

Jim Mora Jr. is next IMO.

#27 : January 01, 2007, 12:54:08 PM

Jim Mora Jr. is next IMO.
I think Saban bolts tonight as well.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 01, 2007, 12:57:09 PM

True, but Green didn't win a Superbowl or another Division title.

#29 : January 01, 2007, 12:58:01 PM

From PFT:

VICK REFUSES TO ENDORSE MORA

With several coaches potentially in danger of being fired now that the 2006 regular season has ended, one of them has been left twisting in the breeze by running back Michael Vick.

Asked whether he'd recommend to owner Arthur Blank that head coach Jim Mora return to the Falcons, Vick declined to offer an endorsement:  "Honestly, I really couldn't tell you what I'd say right now," Vick said.  "I'd have to give it some thought and really evaluate what went down and what happened."

Ouch.

Though most NFL players would never have a voice in the matter of their head coaches' job security, Vick isn't like most players -- and Blank isn't like most owners.  Blank has practically worshipped Vick, overpaying him to the tune of multiple millions of follars, and pushing him around in a wheelchair when he had a broken leg three seasons ago.

Of course, Vick's endorsement might not even be enough to save Mora after the manner in which the team fell apart down the stretch (again) and in light of Mora's stoopid musings (in jest or otherwise) about returning to Seattle to become the coach of the Washington Huskies.

Mora is definitely a goner.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denny Green first casualty of "Black Monday" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools