Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: T-Jax: Where are the plays?? « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 07, 2008, 12:58:35 AM

Let me begin by saying this is NOT a knock on Tanard Jackson. The guy has been an absolute lock back there at safety since the day we drafted him. However, with the way Gruden has been talking about him as on the way to becoming the best safety in the league or whatever, I kinda expected to see more out of him than I have so far. He has played solid football no doubt, but if he is one of the better safeties in the league, shouldn't he be making more splash plays? I think he has one or two interceptions in his career or something. I'd really like to see TJax as a more dynamic defensive player to match all that's been said about him.

#1 : October 07, 2008, 01:53:32 AM

He has been good this year. Yes he has lacked any big plays, but his time will come.
I am more worried about Ronde Barber, than anyone else.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : October 07, 2008, 07:21:55 AM

Bucs are playing primarily Cover 3 and Jackson is playing centerfield. He's got the entire deep middle locked down and nobody's throwing there.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 07, 2008, 09:16:34 AM

Barber is defintely the concern in the secondary, more than T-Jax, but yea, I would like to see more splash plays as well.

Warthog

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 07, 2008, 09:42:33 AM

Tanard isn't giving up big pass plays. That means he's doing his job.  A guy doesn't need to make ESPN's highlight reels every week to be a good player. 

Tanard Jackson is the LAST guy we need to worry about. 

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory. But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

MBF

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 07, 2008, 09:52:07 AM

The fact that you haven't heard the announcers call his name is a good thing. Barber, on the other hand, has been mentioned more than anyone...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 07, 2008, 10:07:53 AM

Tanard is suffering from the same thing as Buchanon, lack of opportunities.  Opposing QBs are not throwing near either of them.  Can't make a big splash play if the other team avoids you completely.  I think teams have thrown twice to P-Bucs area in 5 games, Tanard has only had a few also.

If either wants to make the ProBowl they'll have to rely on Player/Coaches votes because they are too good for the fans to ever hear of them given the tiny amount of national attention this team ever gets.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 07, 2008, 12:25:33 PM

Like John Galt said.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 07, 2008, 12:50:05 PM

P-Buc's guys have been targeted less this season than Champ Bailey's  :o

Our defense has all the pieces in place to be flat out dominant again.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#9 : October 07, 2008, 01:19:43 PM

^^^ except a good pass rushing tackle

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 07, 2008, 02:48:23 PM

Too bad playing metrics aren't released to the casual fan. Otherwise guy would've been a pro bowler last season and this year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 07, 2008, 03:15:13 PM

Tanard is suffering from the same thing as Buchanon, lack of opportunities.  Opposing QBs are not throwing near either of them.  Can't make a big splash play if the other team avoids you completely.  I think teams have thrown twice to P-Bucs area in 5 games, Tanard has only had a few also.

If either wants to make the ProBowl they'll have to rely on Player/Coaches votes because they are too good for the fans to ever hear of them given the tiny amount of national attention this team ever gets.

I wonder why people are choosing to attack Phillips?  I heard on here he's pretty good in coverage.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 07, 2008, 04:35:42 PM

Phillips is the average SS. Similar to Roy Williams.

Blows in Pass coverage.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: T-Jax: Where are the plays?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools