Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Wish List: « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: January 01, 2007, 04:38:29 PM

I think it doesn't matter who we get if we stick with this dink and dunk 3-5 yard pases teams will just keep 8 or 9 in the box and stop the run and 90% of our passes by just standing there.
Most teams have cap space and we are 4-12 this with no real starting QB going into the off season. Even if we bring Garcia I don't think Garcia who has been behind a great O-line would really have all the top FA's wanting to come here. We don't have any great coaches on D other than Kiffen and we see where our D is going with all his coaches leaving.
We have a new facilty and no state taxes and a $500K house here will cost you $2M + in the west or North East. Other than that, I don't think Gruden is draw for any Defensive players, and Gruden and Garcia have danced around hooking up here a few times and there has to be a reason it never happend. I think Keshawn and Keenan, Lynch and a few other guys have probably tarnished Gruden, plus the fact that we can go from SB champs to the basement, and from 5-11 to 11-5 and then back to 4-12, 7 or so QB's always low on offense scoring.
I think we wil have to offer a lot of these players the moon and stars to get them here.

The players eligible for FA have the same view as we do.  This team has emerged from cap hell and now has money to spend for the foreseeable future.  The tax situation as well as the OBPalace will be attractive.  Show a qb that can make it work and at worst the bucs will be on equal footing with everyone else in the league.  Make a couple of cap moves and the bucs can free up another 10M.  It is all there, unless of course you want to continue to complain about play calling - ignoring what folks who see the issues are telling you week after week.  The playcalling is good, the qb performance (and frequently the blocking) aren't so good.  Fixing the qb performance and blocking is job 1. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#1 : January 01, 2007, 04:23:43 PM

My starting lineup for 2007

QB- Simms (if Troy smith drops to the 2nd round then i hope we get him)
HB-Caddy, Pitt, Graham
FB-Sowell
WR-Galloway,Clayton,Stovall,(make a trade or draft another WR with speed)
TE-Tony Gonzalez, Alex Smith
LT-Leonard Davis
LG-buenning and davis
C-?
RG-Davin
RT-Trueblood

LE-Gaines Adams and resign White
RE-Rice (White will take over as starter in 2008 but will be in heavy rotation in 07
DT Hovan and Draft a stud DT or make a trade
*******this will be a o-line worse night mare ADAMS, HOVAN, (ALAN BRANCH), RICE=20 SACKS BY d-LINE BY IT SELF
SLB-Quarrells ( If he is not cut)
MLB-Ruud
WOLB- Cato June, Buster Davis or Lawrence Timmons (hopefully Brroks retires, we are rebuilding)
CB-Barber, Clements, Buchanon
FS-Brandon Merriweather (3rd rd pick)
SS-Michael Lewis

So basically my draft would go like this:
1st-Adams
2nd-DT
2nd-Buster or Timmons
3rd-Merriweather

And in FA, Clements, Maybe Gonzalez,If we dont draft a DT then get one here via trade, And Michael Lewis

Clements is the only player that will require a big contract, and we can  clear about 3 million by trading or releasing kelly, I love Kelly but he has become a lil injury prone. I dont think we will have to break the bank to get gonzalez. Same for Cato june, And Lewis contract shouldnt be much at all. If we cant get Clements then i think we should go after Asante Samuel

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 01, 2007, 02:22:35 PM

In free agency, sign a new (and using a term Gruden said repeatedly in his press conference) dominant center.

Yeah O'Hara from the Giants will be available, same with Tobeck from Seattle.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#3 : January 01, 2007, 02:51:30 PM

O'Hara from the Giants?  Nice!  What a pick-up that would be.  As far as DE goes, Freeney or Grant would be nice, but I think we could get Justin Smith cheaper.  That way we would have the money for someone like Briggs or Cato June, or possibly even Adalius Thomas.  I know that's alot to ask for, but we have the money.  And we will have even more after the Rice trade, which I believe to be inevitable.  I think Detroit and Minnesota would both look heavily at Rice.  Remember they have Rod Marinelli and Mike Tomlin.  I don't think moving Rice would be difficult, it would just be hard to get exactally what we wanted from him.  Especially a 2nd rounder from the Lions.  That pick would be awesome too, that way we would have the 2nd pick of the 2nd and the 3rd or 4th pick of the 2nd, plus another pick later in the round.

I agree with re-signing Buchanon and White.  They both have made big plays for us this season, and would be huge assets to have next season.  I love both guys and want to see them both here for a long time.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 01, 2007, 01:03:39 PM

Here is my 2007 wish list. First, trade Rice for a 2nd or 3rd round pick...bringing our total number of picks on day one up to 5.

In free agency, sign a new (and using a term Gruden said repeatedly in his press conference) dominant center.

Sign a DE like Freeney...I don't see any DTs in free agency that really jump out at me.

Sign a vetran safety.

Sign a vetran QB to compete with Simms...someone like Garcia or at the very least, bring Rattay back. That way we have at least someone who can be consistant...even if he is only consistantly decent.

Resign Buchannon. I liked what he did and would like to see him come back as the nickle and get rid of Bolden. Also resign White.

Then in the draft, with our first pick draft Joe Thomas. That gives us a great bookend and then you can move Davis in to LG and let him compete with a healthy Buenning.

With our next 4 picks on day one, draft a S, FB (preferably Leonard), DT, and a young LB or CB just in case Zemaitis is a bust.

Finally, the other things I'd like to see but aren't a must have for me. I'd like to see another LG brought in to compete with Buenning and Davis (if he is allowed to compete at LG). I'd also like to see another TE brought in. The dream would be to get Gonzalez to team with Smith.

If the Bucs can sign a QB, C, DE, and a S (that were all Pro Bowl Calibur) they could do that and average $4 million a year and still have $10 million left over to sign draft picks and possibly a LG or a TE (and that doesn't include the money we'd save from tading Rice). With that being said...they won't spend nearly that much on just 4 players. I also wouldn't mind seeing another WR added in the draft...possibly in the 3rd round or 4th. It's a need, but I think with everything else improved...we can win with who we have. I think Galloway is better than Me-shawn. I think Stovall can be at least as good as JJ was for us and I think Clayton has the talent to be at least as good as McCardell was...but the question is can he do it.

If all this happened, we could have a team that looked like this:

QB Garcia/Simms with Gradkowsi and McCown battling for the #3.
RB Caddy, Pittman, Graham
FB Alstott (if he comes back if not sign a free agent to back up the next guy), Leonard (if we get him...I think it won't take long for him to be our starter).
WR Galloway, Clayton, Stovall, Hilliard, Warren (or possibly another mid round draft pick)
TE Smith, Becht and (another TE like Gonzalez or even a mid round draft pick...rounds 4-5)
LT Joe Thomas
LG Free Agent/Buenning/Davis
C Stud Free Agent
RG Joseph
RT Trueblood (This situation would make Trueblood our weakest lineman)

On D:

LE White/Spires
DT Hovan
DT Draft Pick backed up by Wyms
RE Freeney or some other DE.
SLB Nece
MLB Quarles/Ruud
WLB Brooks/Winborn (add in another draft pick...possibly a 3rd rounder to add depth at both OLB spots)
CB Barber, Kelly, Buchannon, Zemaitis and anyone else that can help...like Cox or even a late draft pick
S Free Agent, Phillips/Allen (may the best man win the other starting position...loser backs up) and the 4th safety will be preferably a 2nd round pick...or 3rd if someone else jumps out at us. When this guy is ready he can take over for Phillips/Allen

What do you think? I actually think this is possible without putting us into cap hell and it leaves a couple of picks left in later rounds to add depth...if they stick.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#5 : January 01, 2007, 01:05:22 PM

I like it but I dunno if we can sign all the FA's.

#6 : January 01, 2007, 01:05:50 PM

Remember that TJ Williams should be back, I know he's unproven, but was a very good recieving TE in college.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 01, 2007, 01:09:19 PM

Well as for signing all those guys...I don't want us to give out low salaries and backload contracts and mortgage our future...but I do think we will have the cap room to do offer several contracts averaging 3-4 million a year and still have some money left over. We might not be able to get everyone...but we can get most. There might have to be another player substituted in if one resigns or goes elsewhere, but looking at what some of these guys are making, I don't think it's unreasonable to think we have a chance to land most or all. Also, Gruden and Allen are great salesmen and we now have another edge. The best damn training facility in the NFL...freaking One Buc Palace baby. It's right next to the stadium and also we have not state income tax.

#8 : January 01, 2007, 01:10:26 PM

All of those are good points, should be a fun off-season if nothing else.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 01, 2007, 01:10:47 PM

Don't think Rice has any real trade value.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 01, 2007, 01:14:12 PM

And McFarland did? We have enough former defensive coaches around the league that someone might want him. He is only one year removed from a double digit sack season. He played hurt this year and we can use that as an excuse. Worst case, Rice comes back next year. If healthy and if he only is a 8-10 sack guy...that's still decent...but if he does come back hopefully he can play better. That being said, since he and McFarland left...our run D and D overall has been better. I think we might be able to get something for Rice. Shoot...even if it was a 4th round pick...I'd take that over just cutting the guy.

#11 : January 01, 2007, 01:15:40 PM

If we could deal Rice to say DET, that would take them out of the Gaines Adams sweepstakes and if we could get a 3rd that would be practically a late second, that = win/win.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 01, 2007, 01:16:36 PM

Isn't his salary for next year 9 million?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 01, 2007, 01:17:38 PM

This is true...but in my scenario, we'd draft Joe Thomas...but if we sign a LT instead of a guy like Freeney...then I am ok with drafting Adams to replace Rice.

#14 : January 01, 2007, 01:18:26 PM

I'd take Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams, if we get Grant or Freeney, then we need to take Joe, other than Leonard Davis looks slim pickings(again) for OTs.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Wish List: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools