Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Wish List: « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 01, 2007, 01:19:37 PM

Rice does have a high cap next year, but it's mostly base and it's his last year. If someone were to trade for him...they could rework his deal. That being said...any trade would probably be based on Rice signing a new deal with a couple more years on it. Rice is only 33 so he should have at least 2-3 more years at a decent level. He also hasn't had any major injuries.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#16 : January 01, 2007, 01:26:23 PM

I think it doesn't matter who we get if we stick with this dink and dunk 3-5 yard pases teams will just keep 8 or 9 in the box and stop the run and 90% of our passes by just standing there.
Most teams have cap space and we are 4-12 this with no real starting QB going into the off season. Even if we bring Garcia I don't think Garcia who has been behind a great O-line would really have all the top FA's wanting to come here. We don't have any great coaches on D other than Kiffen and we see where our D is going with all his coaches leaving.
We have a new facilty and no state taxes and a $500K house here will cost you $2M + in the west or North East. Other than that, I don't think Gruden is draw for any Defensive players, and Gruden and Garcia have danced around hooking up here a few times and there has to be a reason it never happend. I think Keshawn and Keenan, Lynch and a few other guys have probably tarnished Gruden, plus the fact that we can go from SB champs to the basement, and from 5-11 to 11-5 and then back to 4-12, 7 or so QB's always low on offense scoring.
I think we wil have to offer a lot of these players the moon and stars to get them here.

#17 : January 01, 2007, 01:28:14 PM

I think it doesn't matter who we get if we stick with this dink and dunk 3-5 yard pases teams will just keep 8 or 9 in the box and stop the run and 90% of our passes by just standing there.
Most teams have cap space and we are 4-12 this with no real starting QB going into the off season. Even if we bring Garcia I don't think Garcia who has been behind a great O-line would really have all the top FA's wanting to come here. We don't have any great coaches on D other than Kiffen and we see where our D is going with all his coaches leaving.
We have a new facilty and no state taxes and a $500K house here will cost you $2M + in the west or North East. Other than that, I don't think Gruden is draw for any Defensive players, and Gruden and Garcia have danced around hooking up here a few times and there has to be a reason it never happend. I think Keshawn and Keenan, Lynch and a few other guys have probably tarnished Gruden, plus the fact that we can go from SB champs to the basement, and from 5-11 to 11-5 and then back to 4-12, 7 or so QB's always low on offense scoring.
I think we wil have to offer a lot of these players the moon and stars to get them here.
Right, that's why the Cardinals landed Edge, because he liked the education system.

nflinsider

Starter

#18 : January 01, 2007, 07:09:12 PM

Better start by resigning Brian Kelly. It was painfully obvious how much he was missed!

Generic Username

Practice Squad

#19 : January 01, 2007, 07:14:37 PM

Someone mentioned (maybe on another thread) Robbie Tobeck as FA Center, but although he is a local from Tarpon Springs, he will be 37 in March.  Could he have a year or two left in him if the Bucs can't land a younger FA C? 

EDIT:  since Mahan is awful and Wade is "awfuler."

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 01, 2007, 07:24:49 PM

Better start by resigning Brian Kelly. It was painfully obvious how much he was missed!

I believe he is still under contract for 1 more year.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 02, 2007, 11:53:34 AM

Kelly is still under contract through 2008. He has 2 more years left. No reason to resign an injury prone guy longer than that if he can't prove he can stay on the field.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 02, 2007, 11:59:42 AM

Unless the Bucs land a top flight DE, a proven DE, the Bucs would be very unwise to release or trade away Simeon Rice.  The man had a shoulder injury all year he was nursing.  He is in great shape, he may be older, but I think he has some gas in the tank, and will come out with a chip.  You don't get rid of guys who have shown their abilities so quickly as a result of his age (which isn't too old compared to his athleticism), or lack of production as a result of an injury from a year prior.  I think bookending White with Rice, Hovan, and insert next acquisition at DT here, and the D-line should be shored up.  I think having a high motor DT is what the D-line sorely needs.

If the Bucs can't get fair market value for Rice, at least a low second rounder (considering Boogers market value), then they are getting fleeced if they let him fly away.

#23 : January 02, 2007, 12:01:41 PM

I thought Buchanon did a heck of a job for a guy who hadn't been in the system but 10 weeks.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 02, 2007, 01:07:46 PM

I would not 'rip apart' the defense. I'd selectively draft 'impact' players and fill in with free agents. There are still some solid pieces in place. I would however, make sure that all of the missing pieces are in place on the offense and special teams side of the ball.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 02, 2007, 01:20:10 PM

I agree we shouldn't rip apart the D, but as far as Rice goes...they really need to evaluate him. If they think the shoulder injury was a key factor in his decline in play and/or if they think the bigger problem was McFarland. If they can get a good DT in there to play next to Rice, and they think that's going to be enough (along with Rice being healthy) then I am ok with keeping Rice. With that being said, Rice's cap figure is huge this coming season. If they do keep Rice, then I'd want to extend his contract a year or two so we don't lose him for nothing, but...I wouldn't give him a ton of money...at least not close to what he makes now.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Wish List: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools