Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys honestly believe we're going to trade for a WR? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dpc1192

Starter

: October 08, 2008, 09:48:14 PM

And a good wideout like TJ Housh, or Roy Williams??

No way in hell that happends, I wish but it would never happen.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2008, 09:50:38 PM

I dont see any reason we wont go after one in the offseason. And we will have the cash to win a bidding war if there is someone out there we really want.

dpc1192

Starter

#2 : October 08, 2008, 09:51:33 PM

I don't see a reason why we wouldn't either, but come on whens the last time we've made a move like this?

The time is right though for a new offensive leader.

Warthog

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 08, 2008, 09:52:54 PM

I don't think we will. I think people have been discussing the possibility that we could. It's nice to dream, sometimes.

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory. But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

dpc1192

Starter

#4 : October 08, 2008, 09:54:41 PM

Yeah, after a while I get so tired of this. Get all stoked about a player and then hear we didn't even pursue him or offered a 7th...

What a joke

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 08, 2008, 09:55:21 PM

I dont see any reason we wont go after one in the offseason. And we will have the cash to win a bidding war if there is someone out there we really want.

Wide Reciever Free Agents see more then just money.(I would hope)

Hypothetically, a WR is being bidded between Tampa and Atlanta. Tampa is paying more but the WR looks at our QB position (YIKES!). He sees a young,upcoming Matt Ryan (Theres something to that) and he will go where he knows he can get the best production from the QB. You honestly think a WR wants to play for a dink and dunk, 3 yards a catch offense then you have to be joking. It makes no sense, if I was a WR in FA to want to come to Tampa when you know their offense sucks.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2008, 09:58:01 PM

We've said this for several years now

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 08, 2008, 10:00:39 PM

We've said this for several years now

Which one would you have gone after?

#8 : October 08, 2008, 10:16:55 PM

WR means nothing without someone to throw it to them.  Why waste money on a WR when your QB can't throw it past the sticks, at least not to his own team?

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 08, 2008, 10:35:41 PM

More than likely to happen in the offseason I would guess.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#10 : October 08, 2008, 10:51:11 PM

Well if this team feels that they can be successful with the WRs they have, then they got another thing coming. They should make a move to be competitive with the other top NFC teams.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 08, 2008, 10:44:05 PM

WR means nothing without someone to throw it to them.  Why waste money on a WR when your QB can't throw it past the sticks, at least not to his own team?

OK. Which QB would you have gone after?

RudeGuy

Starter

#12 : October 08, 2008, 10:59:06 PM

WR means nothing without someone to throw it to them. Why waste money on a WR when your QB can't throw it past the sticks, at least not to his own team?

If you keep asking questions like this you will confuse them.

#13 : October 09, 2008, 12:56:47 AM

Your question is irrelevant.  There is no great benefit in getting a WR until we have a QB that can get it to him.  Who I would have "gone after" has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Getting a WR would be nice, but don't expect big changes until the QB changes or suddenly starts playing like a pro instead of a college freshman.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 09, 2008, 01:27:03 AM

The Bucs will pursue Mike Vick.  The second he walks out of the gate, Gruden will be there, waiting...

Watch.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys honestly believe we're going to trade for a WR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools