Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys honestly believe we're going to trade for a WR? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : October 09, 2008, 01:31:16 AM

Gross.... but highly likely.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 09, 2008, 01:32:59 AM

I'd take Mike Vick in a second.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 09, 2008, 01:34:24 AM

I forgot.  You want to know why?? 

Because he's Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!  (hint) the Grrrrr dog sound.

Seriously, the guy has talent and made a mistake. 

#18 : October 09, 2008, 01:46:11 AM

His mistake was gettin caught. Fighting dogs was not a mistake, it was an ongoing criminal act.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 09, 2008, 01:52:23 AM

It was the gambling that got him.  The government could care less about the dogs.

They fight dogs all the time here in GA.  Trust me, if it was that big of a deal, they would bust all of these people toting bloody bull dogs around by chains in broad daylight.

I'd take Vick over any of the QB's we have any day of the week!!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 09, 2008, 01:53:07 AM

Could be worse, he could be Adam Jones. I'd like to see what Vick would do in Tampa. Dude is a play maker and a game changer. I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow, I'll realize what I just posted and delete it.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 09, 2008, 04:26:49 AM

No I don't think we'll make a trade in season...those deals are usually fishing experiment to gauhe interest and set market value.

As much as I'd like one, afraid it's not in the cards.

And I would hate Mike Vick on this team - he does not like a thinking mans offense. Vick is a spur of the moment type player. I don't think he even ran a consistent offense. He's more like a pure point guard in basketball. Only Gruden has never sought the pure Vince Young type.

Interestingly - neither Vick nor Young is currently playing football on Sundays.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 09, 2008, 04:25:43 AM

We're not gonna trade for a WR, plain and simple. Allen is far too stingy to pull off such a coup. Besides, these kind of deals NEVER happen at this time of the year because its almost impossible to get the player up to speed on the playbook quickly enough (remember the trouble we had with Michael Bennett in that regard last year?). I'd love for us to trade for a Roy Williams or a TJ "Who's Your Momma" but realistically speakingit just aint gonna happen.

The only way we can get more yardage out of this offense is if Joey Galloway comes back sooner rather than later. I hate to say it but he's our only chance of getting any offensive explosion this season, unless Jackson miraculously becomes a big part of this Offense.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 09, 2008, 04:39:39 AM

Having said what I did, the Chargers did trade for Chris Chambers last year and he made an impact almost immediately...Wishful thinking I know.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Stratobuc

Starter
#24 : October 09, 2008, 06:18:17 AM

I forgot. You want to know why??

Because he's Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat! (hint) the Grrrrr dog sound.

Vick can't run this offense. He couldn't run Atlanta's either.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#25 : October 09, 2008, 06:28:02 AM

LOL mike vick good???..El Oh **CENSORED**ing El

he was a complete bust....do you actually remember how bad he was, or since he hasn't played in so long have you just only thought back to his senior season in college?

He's a running back playing qb

#26 : October 09, 2008, 08:43:55 AM

Besides, these kind of deals NEVER happen at this time of the year because its almost impossible to get the player up to speed on the playbook quickly enough (remember the trouble we had with Michael Bennett in that regard last year?).

Chris Chambers?

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 09, 2008, 10:00:30 AM

Options at WR are dwindling fast.  Lee Evans was already resigned by Buffalo, and there is a good chance Roy Williams or Housh may be traded.

After that there is Bobby Engram, Cedrick Wilson, and Devry Henderson.

Unless you land one of the top 2, which are probably going to demand huge contracts, then you only have the draft.

Anquan and Ocho Cinco may be available via trade.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 09, 2008, 10:06:49 AM

Besides, these kind of deals NEVER happen at this time of the year because its almost impossible to get the player up to speed on the playbook quickly enough (remember the trouble we had with Michael Bennett in that regard last year?).

Chris Chambers?

lol check what I posted immediately after correcting myself...

BTW, anyone got a list of FA WR's?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 09, 2008, 10:07:38 AM

WR means nothing without someone to throw it to them.  Why waste money on a WR when your QB can't throw it past the sticks, at least not to his own team?

OK. Which QB would you have gone after?
The Bucs could have picked Trent Edwards instead of Quincy Black.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys honestly believe we're going to trade for a WR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools