Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zeitgeist: Addendum « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

: October 09, 2008, 01:00:38 AM

I've only watched about half of this and so far it is mostly about money and the economy.  It is long at over 2:00.  Interesting stuff.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 09, 2008, 01:22:25 AM

Is this completely different than the first one?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 09, 2008, 01:44:08 AM

It was just released on Oct. 2.  It is an extremely provocative film with powerful views.   It is hard to imagine it all being false or all of it being true.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 09, 2008, 09:06:37 AM

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=24768.0;topicseen

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 09, 2008, 10:19:03 AM

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=24768.0;topicseen

Yeah, that's the old/original one for folks who didn't see it.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 09, 2008, 06:39:15 PM

i just watched all 2 hours of it.

so much interesting things.  the venus project will never happen though.  and its sad that it wont.  i dont know what will happen after our monetary system fails, but it wont be the venus project, even though it should.  getting all those different countries to agree to that system will never happen.  power trumps all.

this zeitgeist and the first are both "must watches"

im just sad that i wont live to see us overcome these problems due to ignorance in todays society. 

this dream is too far away while we have the monetary system.  and it will be the downfall of the US.  corruption is life.

i remember in high school learning about different kinds of governments.  we learned about basically communist and Federal Republic.  the differences were not that much.  my friend spoke out and said, whats so wrong with a communist type government?  the teacher and students immediately ostracized him.  but its amazing how close to communism the US is.  and how uneducated people do not even understand how close we are related.

its also interesting to see how much people thing Chavez is a bad person, when in fact he is a great person.  he is standing up for his people, and for Latin countries alike.  The US painted him this way because we could not corrupt him into selling us his oil for cheap.  instead he wanted his oil for his people.  which is great for them.

so much interesting things in there that i have thought of, but i have trouble voicing myself correctly.  i think and think and think about these things, and then the puzzle of my thinking is put together when i watched these movies.  Any person with enough sense and partial education can see what is going on.  and any educated person can see how to solve these problems.

i think the greatest point made which may have been overlooked, is the prison part.
people go to prison mostly because of the monetary system.  These people had problems growing up, and are mostly poor and had no good parenting.  and instead of getting to the root of the problem and solving it from there, we put them in jail and turn our heads, as if they are not even human.  when instead, these people needed parents, they needed money, they needed education.  if we can solve those problems, then the amount of people in jail would decrease immensely.

i am a proud american.  but i am dissapointed in our government.  I am dissapointed in the people and myself for letting these things happen.  I am dissapointed that the human race can not see past our differences to realize that we are all do come from the same place, that we are all related and that there are solutions to problems.  There will never be so much of a change like the venus project, not with the companies of the world running the world. 

we will never reach our full potential as a race in the monetary system, and never be fully moral in this system.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 09, 2008, 11:58:06 PM

wow i cant believe no one is commenting on this movie!

kmitchell

Starter

#7 : October 10, 2008, 06:29:39 AM

I loved the first one, is this one worth watching as well?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 10, 2008, 06:15:29 PM

I loved the first one, is this one worth watching as well?

the first part is alright, it goes deeper into the last part of the first.  and then goes into some cool things.

kmitchell

Starter

#9 : October 10, 2008, 07:42:56 PM

The actions for Social Transformation around 1:55:00 is pretty powerful.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 10, 2008, 07:46:19 PM

The actions for Social Transformation around 1:55:00 is pretty powerful.

yea its hard to imagine anyone coming together and actually pulling that off.  it makes sense, but as every "institution" it has its negatives.  i think motivation is a huge negative.  unless everyone finds exploring the universe as cool as i do.  and as motivational as i do.

it is very powerful.  as with the zeitgeist before it, it may go over the top a bit, but mostly hits the points that need to be talked about and solved.

what is your overall feeling about the venus project?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 10, 2008, 10:35:05 PM

wow i cant believe no one is commenting on this movie!

I still need to watch it. Soon. Very soon...

kmitchell

Starter

#12 : October 10, 2008, 10:41:21 PM

I think I liked the first one more, the religion part was amazing.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 11, 2008, 05:57:15 PM

I think I liked the first one more, the religion part was amazing.

this one was tedious in the first few parts.

the first one grabbed you and challenged you right away.  this one waits to challenge your thinking.

i still enjoyed it though.  and would watch it again.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 18, 2008, 02:43:44 AM

I just watched it with my wife and we both enjoyed it.

I emailed the Venus folks back in 2000 because I was so interested in a society where money was gone and people
didn't have to work crap jobs just to get by. We exchanged emails a few times. I need to check out their updated
website.

I think the Venus idea will eventually be how this planet works. But not for a lonnnnnnnng time. However, since
I think we're going to have a global economic collapse, (we're close now) it could happen sooner than we think.

I loved the Perkins stuff about the economic hitman. He's had a book out for a while now called, "Confessions of
An Economic Hitman." No wonder so many people hate our government.

We really ned to gut the system and start over.

Plenty of videos/interviews of Perkins on Google/You Tube.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zeitgeist: Addendum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools