Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: January 01, 2007, 09:19:48 PM

Did this kid do anything special in the Rose Bowl?

#1 : January 01, 2007, 09:20:25 PM

Nothing statwise....from what I saw he was just pushing around his G early on.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 01, 2007, 09:23:34 PM

Yeah from what I saw he was throwing some people around but penetration wise I didn't notice much. Originally I wanted him to be our pick, but he just doesn't have the penetration ability that we need from our DT. Granted it was only one game but he just doesn't look quick enough.

BTW, I think tonight was a good night for those of us who want Calvin Johnson. Jarrett put on a show and that could convince the Raiders to trade down to gain more picks while grabbing DJ later on. Then again that only helps if the team that moves up doesn't take CJ.

#3 : January 01, 2007, 09:26:33 PM

Really if we stay 3/4 only four names should be on our list
Joe Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Brady Quinn

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 01, 2007, 09:48:34 PM

As some have said before and I'm included he wouldn't be the one gap penetrating DT we need...

Baghead #2

Larry Brackins

Starter
#5 : January 01, 2007, 09:49:43 PM

Joe Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Brady Quinn
Don't think Jarrett threw his name in there today? I don't either. He seems like Keyshawn with speed, but CJ seems like Moss with a better attitude.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#6 : January 01, 2007, 09:51:21 PM

Joe Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Brady Quinn
Don't think Jarrett threw his name in there today? I don't either. He seems like Keyshawn with speed, but CJ seems like Moss with a better attitude.
As I posted in another thread, Dwayne helped himself with his performance, but he also hurt himself in my view with his constant taunting. I found the attitude and talent of Calvin far superior to that of Dwayne.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 01, 2007, 09:56:55 PM

I think we should trade down maybe three to five spots and try to  pick up an extra 2nd rounder.  Then take a guy like Branch or Baker.

#8 : January 01, 2007, 10:08:13 PM

Sam Baker is saying in school for another season.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 01, 2007, 11:21:28 PM

I didn't watch a lot of the game, but the one play I did happen to walk in on while looking at Branch had him practically give up half way through it.  Maybe they were just tired at that point in the game, but once his initial push was stopped and he had two guys in front of him, be basically eased off the gas and just stood there with his hands on their shoulders.  A bit disappointing.

After watching Joe Thomas today, I'm sold.  With the difficulty of getting a franchise LT in this league, I don't even think trading down and getting another 2nd round pick is worth passing him up for.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 02, 2007, 08:17:52 AM

Branch was a factor in the run game, but did absolutely nothing in the pass game. There was absolutely no pressure up the middle on Booty.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2007, 09:23:57 AM

I've seen Branch in two games now: OSU and USC. Well, I should say I saw two games where he played because I never saw him make any impact in either game. He's not got a lot of pass rush ability at all and I'm inbcreasingly thinking if we moved down a few spots he's not even a fallback position for us unless we want him at NT.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 02, 2007, 09:47:05 AM

Anybody see a lot of Tank Tyler to make the comparison with Branch?

In Verner We Trust

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 02, 2007, 10:10:29 AM

I've seen Branch in two games now: OSU and USC. Well, I should say I saw two games where he played because I never saw him make any impact in either game. He's not got a lot of pass rush ability at all and I'm inbcreasingly thinking if we moved down a few spots he's not even a fallback position for us unless we want him at NT.
I agree his body seems to be too big if thats possible to generate a pass rush. Great run stopper but we need the pass rusher.
I am intrigued with the trade down unless we go Joe Thomas who seems to be the real deal.   If we were to go WR a trade down for Ginn and a second rounder might be a good bet.

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 02, 2007, 10:16:14 AM

Branch, seemed to do well at stopping the run, but once USC started throwing the ball everywhere Branch was nowhere to be seen. Give me Calvin Johnson with the #3 or 4 pick, Johnson had very little talent around him and still dominated.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools