Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 02, 2007, 02:51:03 PM

Bradentonian I agree. I think Hall has been a little bit overrated as well. He gave up a big play to Ginn and last night gave up that one to Jarrett. All in all though, Hall is pretty silent, which is a good thing if you are a CB. Not many people test him or throw his way. I take that back, he isn't overrated but he isn't the shutdown CB that some people make him out to be.

I also think Carr was outcoached and out schemed in both losses to OSU and USC...Michigan has very good personnel, I wouldn't discredit them but I do think they get outcoached in some of these big games, esp the last few years.

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 02, 2007, 02:51:34 PM

That defense got lit by OSU as well so I was underwhelmed by Hall and Brnach in both games. Wooley really showed up vs OSU but I didn't see hide nor hair of him vs. USC.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 02, 2007, 03:19:47 PM

Yeah, and it looked like Hall didn't even have much responsibility for Jarrett. Once he finally did, he got smoked and then missed the tackle. I can't figure out the hype on Hall at all.

I don't know that you can say Calvin Johnson was double-covered all day though - his first td was (terrible) single coverage. 

smma

Second String

#33 : January 02, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

I saw one play where he did a stunt with the DE and came around the end. By the time he got in the backfield the next play was starting. ;-)
Definately lacking quickness. Better suited as a NT in a 3/4 defense.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools