Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers vs Bucs Game Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 24

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: October 11, 2008, 07:36:13 PM

After last weeks dismal showing and lack of intensity on offense the Bucs will need to come out swinging against a Panthers team that will be looking to get the first shot in to daze the Bucs at home. The team as a whole will have to do a better job of matching the intensity level of the Panthers in hopes of getting a spark that can be felt team wide if they want a chance verse a very physically punishing team on both side of the football. Of couse with any game the Bucs play, the offense needs to establish the run early an often and limit mistakes while executing flawlessly if they plan on scoring in this game.

The defense needs to force the issues and play downhill rather then back pedaling, this should be the Bucs statement game if they really want a chance to get back to the standard of what Buc defense is all about. 

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 11, 2008, 07:55:33 PM

I can't see us winning this one, I have NO confidence whatsoever in Garcia. Expect a week 1 type performance from him, but it's OK, he's just rusty.

agreed.

if we win, I will be the first one with that look of surprise on my face...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 11, 2008, 07:43:33 PM

I can't see us winning this one, I have NO confidence whatsoever in Garcia. Expect a week 1 type performance from him, but it's OK, he's just rusty.

#3 : October 11, 2008, 08:01:52 PM

I hope they don't embarrass us too much.  Or scratch that, I hope Garcia doesn't embarrass us too much.  Our D should be OK, but they are mos def gonna put up some points on us.

replica

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 11, 2008, 08:16:03 PM

I do not doubt our D for a minute. We can win this game!! Go Bucs!!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 11, 2008, 08:50:28 PM

same story each week.  need the passing game to get going

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 11, 2008, 09:20:27 PM

didn't even think about it til now.  I'm flying into Carolina [columbia, sc] tonight, for a meeting on Monday and gonna try and find a BUCS bar LOL - right!  This is gonna be fun!!!

We better win - sure will make my trip a WHOLE lot better!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 11, 2008, 10:00:16 PM

I do not doubt our D for a minute. We can win this game!! Go Bucs!!

Delhomo murders this D every time, no confidence in the D or O against the Panthers

The Q

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 11, 2008, 10:28:43 PM

Bucs win this game and get back in the race for the playoffs. Lose this game and the crybaby posters will be heard, loud and long.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 11, 2008, 11:48:24 PM

In a perfect world Gruden is furious with the team's performace last weekend so they come out and play better than ever.

But I'm not sure if we have the talent to do that.

I'm afraid it's going to be too difficult to key in on Steve Smith and Moose while keeping the beast that is Jonathan Stewart in check.

D-Line needs to play lights out. They have been consistently stuffing the inside running game but along with that they need to conistently pressure Jake Delhomme. Such a performance could be in vain however if the offense puts up 13 points.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 11, 2008, 11:57:26 PM

Bucs win this game and get back in the race for the playoffs. Lose this game and the crybaby posters will be heard, loud and long.

lol

win or lose, it's the same enviornment here.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 11, 2008, 11:59:00 PM

... Such a performance could be in vain however if the offense puts up 13 points.

not if the defense chips in with 14 themselves...

that seems to be the only way we win this game imo.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 12, 2008, 12:50:36 AM

I think that it will be a shootout not the defensive struggle we are used to. I think Garcia's mobility will help out alot. It is a winnable game for sure. Will we? I sure hope so and think we will. Go Bucs!!!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#13 : October 12, 2008, 12:19:21 AM

My game predictions:

I don't like our chances against the Panthers and I think that the Bucs will lose to the Panthers tomorrow.  I really hope that I'm wrong though because this is a very important game for us.  The Panthers defense should be able to limit our ground game and it is also going to be hard to score against them.  Their offense scares me too and I think they will be able to put up enough points against our defense to win the game.  I predict that our offense will be able to move the ball down the field, but not be productive in the endzone.  Jeff Garcia's interception will come from a tiped ball in the endzone when he tries to force a ball into a receiver.

QB
Jeff Garcia: 26-37 for 242 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int

Rushing
Earnest Graham: 16 attempts for 58 yards, TD. 2 receptions for 14 yards
Warrick Dunn: 12 attempts for 52 yards. 3 receptions for 28 yards
Michael Bennett: 3 attemps for 18 yards
Dexter Jackson: 1 attempt for 11 yards

Receiving
Antonio Bryant: 5 rec, 51 yards
Ike Hilliard: 4 rec, 36 yards
Michael Clayton: 3 rec, 31 yards
Jerramy Stevens: 3 rec, 27 yards, TD
Alex Smith 2 rec, 14 yards
John Gilmore: 1 rec, 5 yards
B.J. Askew: 1 rec, 6 yards
Michael Bennett: 1 rec, 18 yards
Maurice Stovall: 1 rec, 12 yards

Defense
Tanard Jackson 1 Int
Ronde Barber: 1 Int, 1 sack
Ryan Sims: 1 sack
Gaines Adams: 1 sack
Jimmy Wilkerson: 0.5 sack
Greg White: 0.5 sack

Special teams[/b]
Matt Bryant, 1-1 FG, 2-2 EP

Final Score: Panthers: 28, Bucs: 17

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 12, 2008, 02:18:41 AM

Bucs will win this one.

I am not normally this confident about the teams chances, but I cannot see them losing this game.  I think the BUcs O-line will pave the way for a big day on the ground.  And Garcia won't have a huge game, but he will do just enough.  As will Ike.

The defense is facing a Carolina team that is trying to establish a power game.  But the BUcs have been very good at stuffing the run.  If it were not for Garrett Wolfe and the fake punt, the Bucs would have checked the Bears run game under 100.  Burner Turner did not do much versus the BUcs.  Certainly Gren Bay did nothing on the ground.  No team has really been able to KILL the BUcs on the ground this year, and I think the Panthroids will not be the first team to do that.  I think the Cowboys will be however...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers vs Bucs Game Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools