Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers vs Bucs Game Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 12, 2008, 03:05:32 AM

My game predictions:

I don't like our chances against the Panthers and I think that the Bucs will lose to the Panthers tomorrow.  I really hope that I'm wrong though because this is a very important game for us.  The Panthers defense should be able to limit our ground game and it is also going to be hard to score against them.  Their offense scares me too and I think they will be able to put up enough points against our defense to win the game.  I predict that our offense will be able to move the ball down the field, but not be productive in the endzone.  Jeff Garcia's interception will come from a tiped ball in the endzone when he tries to force a ball into a receiver.

QB
Jeff Garcia: 26-37 for 242 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int

Rushing
Earnest Graham: 16 attempts for 58 yards, TD. 2 receptions for 14 yards
Warrick Dunn: 12 attempts for 52 yards. 3 receptions for 28 yards
Michael Bennett: 3 attemps for 18 yards
Dexter Jackson: 1 attempt for 11 yards

Receiving
Antonio Bryant: 5 rec, 51 yards
Ike Hilliard: 4 rec, 36 yards
Michael Clayton: 3 rec, 31 yards
Jerramy Stevens: 3 rec, 27 yards, TD
Alex Smith 2 rec, 14 yards
John Gilmore: 1 rec, 5 yards
B.J. Askew: 1 rec, 6 yards
Michael Bennett: 1 rec, 18 yards
Maurice Stovall: 1 rec, 12 yards

Defense
Tanard Jackson 1 Int
Ronde Barber: 1 Int, 1 sack
Ryan Sims: 1 sack
Gaines Adams: 1 sack
Jimmy Wilkerson: 0.5 sack
Greg White: 0.5 sack

Special teams[/b]
Matt Bryant, 1-1 FG, 2-2 EP

Final Score: Panthers: 28, Bucs: 17

Oh goody let me dissect this one.

I think 4 sacks is a bit much.

Askew, as far as i've heard, is still out, or at least hurt. Which means Storer will see considerable time.

Michael bennett will get 0 carries... wtf makes you think hes going to even sniff the field on offense?

Gruden still doesn't want to put D Jax in at the position he actually played in college (WR), no reason to think he's going to this game either.

And lastly, Stovall with a catch? PLEASE. lol.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : October 12, 2008, 03:58:05 AM

Happy to say the game will be on Armed Forces Network - so I'll catch my fifth game this season from over here in Europe. 

Carolina-TB games always outstanding games. Can't wait.

Go Bucs.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#17 : October 12, 2008, 08:46:28 AM

Oh goody let me dissect this one.

I think 4 sacks is a bit much.

Askew, as far as i've heard, is still out, or at least hurt. Which means Storer will see considerable time.

Michael bennett will get 0 carries... what makes you think hes going to even sniff the field on offense?

Gruden still doesn't want to put D Jax in at the position he actually played in college (WR), no reason to think he's going to this game either.

And lastly, Stovall with a catch? PLEASE. lol.

Sorry, LOL.  I forgot that Askew was out. [banghead]  The reason that I thought we would get four sacks was because their offensive line had suffered a lot of injuries.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 12, 2008, 08:53:21 AM

Our defense needs to come out make a statement and get them 3 and out early. Our "O" line needs to keep Peppers away from Garcia and we need to establish a running game.
If we do this we will come away with a "W" for the first time at home since 2002.

#19 : October 12, 2008, 09:11:44 AM

I gotta work from 1pm-6pm so Im gonna record the game and not listen to the radio on the way home, last time I did this we won.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 12, 2008, 09:20:58 AM

i agree the  D needs to open up a can of whip ass on the kitties. as for our O forget about it! , same old no creativity from the so called Guru JG.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 12, 2008, 09:43:24 AM

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think Garcia comes out and looks a lot more like the Garcia of the first half of last year.  He had some time under the gun at the end of last week and put together a great drive.

If he doesn't play well, it is time (if not this week, then soon) to go McCown for the rest of the year, IMHO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 12, 2008, 09:57:17 AM

McCown more than likely sees playing time IF the Bucs are no longer in the playoff hunt.

Basically it is the Griese/Garcia show until that possibility occurs.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 12, 2008, 10:00:59 AM

We can win, no doubt about that. But, we have to play MUCH better on both sides of the ball than we have so far. For us to pull this one out of the hat, its gonna take a complete team performance in all 3 phases of the game.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#24 : October 12, 2008, 10:01:42 AM

if the Bucs win the toss...   they should take the ball...  we have a weird habit of letting the other team score first....  and we DO NOT want to play catch up the whole game.   we take the ball first...   run it down their throats...  if they stop it, fine.   but we need to wear them out.

replica

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 12, 2008, 10:09:50 AM

My game predictions:

I don't like our chances against the Panthers and I think that the Bucs will lose to the Panthers tomorrow. I really hope that I'm wrong though because this is a very important game for us. The Panthers defense should be able to limit our ground game and it is also going to be hard to score against them. Their offense scares me too and I think they will be able to put up enough points against our defense to win the game. I predict that our offense will be able to move the ball down the field, but not be productive in the endzone. Jeff Garcia's interception will come from a tiped ball in the endzone when he tries to force a ball into a receiver.

QB
Jeff Garcia: 26-37 for 242 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int

Rushing
Earnest Graham: 16 attempts for 58 yards, TD. 2 receptions for 14 yards
Warrick Dunn: 12 attempts for 52 yards. 3 receptions for 28 yards
Michael Bennett: 3 attemps for 18 yards
Dexter Jackson: 1 attempt for 11 yards

Receiving
Antonio Bryant: 5 rec, 51 yards
Ike Hilliard: 4 rec, 36 yards
Michael Clayton: 3 rec, 31 yards
Jerramy Stevens: 3 rec, 27 yards, TD
Alex Smith 2 rec, 14 yards
John Gilmore: 1 rec, 5 yards
B.J. Askew: 1 rec, 6 yards
Michael Bennett: 1 rec, 18 yards
Maurice Stovall: 1 rec, 12 yards

Defense
Tanard Jackson 1 Int
Ronde Barber: 1 Int, 1 sack
Ryan Sims: 1 sack
Gaines Adams: 1 sack
Jimmy Wilkerson: 0.5 sack
Greg White: 0.5 sack

Special teams[/b]
Matt Bryant, 1-1 FG, 2-2 EP

Final Score: Panthers: 28, Bucs: 17
Dude, are you freakin kidding? I just have never seen a prediction like this, with all of those stats...and a loss!! I hope you are wrong today, we need Graham & Dunn to dominate today (and Gruden needs to let them!).

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 12, 2008, 10:30:43 AM

Talib, that is one of the funniest posts ever.   I think it's way off.   But at least you went out on a limb to pick all those details.  LOL!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 12, 2008, 10:32:08 AM

if the Bucs win the toss...   they should take the ball...  we have a weird habit of letting the other team score first....  and we DO NOT want to play catch up the whole game.   we take the ball first...   run it down their throats...  if they stop it, fine.   but we need to wear them out.

My thoughts exactly. This team is much better when it takes a lead and I think this week, more than any other so far this year, its vital we take the lead early so that we can finally start pounding the ball often in a game. Also, if we can take the lead by a TD, then it may force them to throw it more, playing against their strength of running the ball.

GO BUCS!!!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 12, 2008, 10:39:52 AM

TAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Actually, it's

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPAAAAAAAAAAA

lhasara

Second String
#29 : October 12, 2008, 10:50:47 AM

From Section 234, LOUD and PROUD:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!

The Crow's Nest
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers vs Bucs Game Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools