Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers vs Bucs Game Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#345 : October 12, 2008, 05:59:35 PM

run on 3rd and 13? I know we're up but seriously

wait so you guys think running on 3rd and 13 is a good call?

ROTFLMFAO...

Congrats on the dumbest posts of the day.

ELM freaking FAO

I can't believe you actually agree with running it on 3rd and 13

From your previous posts, I'm not shocked at all that you don't understand the premise of running the ball with a big lead and killing the clock....but it still cracks me up.

You are the reason they had to put "Madden IQ" on the video game.

No.....I know when you are up you run the ball...we were running the whole drive and running out the clock which was good...the point is that we got into a 3rd and long situation which gave us two options...either run the ball and punt it, or pass it and maybe get a 1st down, therefor keeping the drive alive, taking more time off the clock, and maybe even getting more points

Remember last game when denver passed it on 1st down when we were trying to force a 3 and out...thats a good call, its small risk/high reward...jon gruden on the other hand plays extremely conservative and plays not to lose, instead of coaching to win

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#346 : October 12, 2008, 06:04:25 PM

ok but this team averages less than 6 yards per completion.....I think we average almost that per run.  I'd say we have as much of a chance (especially this game) in converting a 3rd and 13 on the ground as in the air.   

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#347 : October 12, 2008, 06:06:05 PM

No.....I know when you are up you run the ball...we were running the whole drive and running out the clock which was good...the point is that we got into a 3rd and long situation which gave us two options...either run the ball and punt it, or pass it and maybe get a 1st down, therefor keeping the drive alive, taking more time off the clock, and maybe even getting more points

In the situation we are discussing there is no need to try to get a first down.  Running the ball and clock is all that matters.

Remember last game when denver passed it on 1st down when we were trying to force a 3 and out...thats a good call, its small risk/high reward...jon gruden on the other hand plays extremely conservative and plays not to lose, instead of coaching to win

Apples and Oranges.

Denver HAD to get a first down in order to run the clock out and keep us from getting the ball again.  They were only up 3 points, we were up 24 points.

I'm all for not being too conservative, but at that point in the game, there is no reason to do anything other than run the ball.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#348 : October 12, 2008, 06:06:27 PM

you're comparing the denver game where it was a 1 posession game?  wow.  we were up by 3 tds and 3 2pt conversions.  running 45 extra seconds off the clock by running the ball and not turning it over is a good call verse risking a int trying to get 13yds.  up 3 tds its smart to play conservative in those situations.  come on now, any somewhat intelligent football fan can figure that out.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#349 : October 13, 2008, 02:42:01 AM

Lots of energy and the Bucs D and Special Teams played their best.  Wish this team would show up every week.  Still not 100% sure about Garcia and the offense. OL played very well, but Garcia seemed very skiddish as usual.

schtoomy

Second String

#350 : October 13, 2008, 03:45:57 AM

We NEED the D to step up

Just like every other game sine Gruden got here.

may want to think about changing your name back, big guy...  "turdblood"  huh huh.  so you gonna say something positive about him now, or will you just remain quiet until the next time you can shout out loud in ecstasy as the bucs lose...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#351 : October 13, 2008, 07:19:59 AM

Other than Lamond's "Filet Me" post, hadn't seen too much "bad stuff" on this thread as LadyBucfan said.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#352 : October 13, 2008, 07:34:10 AM

Ok Dr. Strange, how can the Bucs win today? They'll need a defensive score and a lot of Carolina turnovers.

Exactly! Buc ball.

replica

Hall of Famer
#353 : October 13, 2008, 08:03:44 AM

I do not doubt our D for a minute. We can win this game!! Go Bucs!!

Delhomo murders this D every time, no confidence in the D or O against the Panthers
:)

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#354 : October 14, 2008, 03:25:31 PM

Other than Lamond's "Filet Me" post, hadn't seen too much "bad stuff" on this thread as LadyBucfan said.

LOL...how about:

Barber and the lack of rush is kiling us

Gutless!

pathetic time management, pathetic coaching decision. i would think its common sense to try to get a first down and give your kicker a few more yards. gruden acts like he had 3 seconds left in the half instead of 14

Best half of football? Proof Lamond has no clue what he watches on Sunday. Thank GOD for our defense.

Graham at FB instead of Gilmore? jesus Jon...

Sabby needs to be removed permantly from the field, another BONEHEAD mistake.  FREEKIN STUUP...

stupid challenge even if he wins. we're out of challenges at the beginning of the 3d qtr

Jon gruden go for it you freaking **CENSORED**!!!

grow a sack

Is Graham hurt? in the dog house?

5 carries for Graham... interesting...

OMFG a toss play without a holding call!!!!

run on 3rd and 13? I know we're up but seriously

wait so you guys think running on 3rd and 13 is a good call?

i gauruntee he's not gonna go for it here...grow a sack jon

LOL gaines adams has been driven 10 yards past the quarterback on every single play this drive...fudge it, on almost every single play this game

BTW sficcarrota switch that 12 to 21

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#355 : October 14, 2008, 03:26:30 PM

alright guys lol you all piled on him enough for it. Great game all around. Just need to be consistent now. That's not the same team or coaches as last week. You can't tell me that was all home field. Gruden called a good game and the offense did what they need to do every week. This time Jon I tip my hat to you and give a credit to you lol . You had them fired up and prepared. Hope it's that way every week. The penalties are still an issue though. Even though some were a joke.

Can't wait for your next meltdown when we lose...

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#356 : October 14, 2008, 03:32:43 PM

I thought trolling and flaming were against the board rules?

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#357 : October 14, 2008, 06:00:56 PM

alright guys lol you all piled on him enough for it. Great game all around. Just need to be consistent now. That's not the same team or coaches as last week. You can't tell me that was all home field. Gruden called a good game and the offense did what they need to do every week. This time Jon I tip my hat to you and give a credit to you lol . You had them fired up and prepared. Hope it's that way every week. The penalties are still an issue though. Even though some were a joke.

Can't wait for your next meltdown when we lose...

I give the man credit when he does a good job.....same with the players.  You don't seem to get that.   To you win or lose despite performance it's all rainbows and lollipops.  That's fine.  You can be that type of fan.  Nothing wrong with it.   Why must you try to lump everyone not like you into the same group though?  Nothing for me has changed.  The Denver game was pathetic in every sense of the word.  This week was much improved and I'm happy for that.   I give the credit where it belongs.  Why don't you show me an instance where I haven't or just step off my bag and continue to pick flowers in your Jon Gruden is God garden.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#358 : October 14, 2008, 06:07:17 PM

I like lollipops.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Panthers vs Bucs Game Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools