Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looks like Saban may leave Miami « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2007, 01:45:23 PM

I will lose all respect for Saban if he bolts.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#16 : January 02, 2007, 01:49:36 PM

Yeah...what an idiot. What kind of an idiot would accept an offer for a lot of money with pretty decent job security doing something they like better than their current job.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 02, 2007, 01:52:40 PM

Yeah...what an idiot. What kind of an idiot would accept an offer for a lot of money with pretty decent job security doing something they like better than their current job.

that's not the point and never said he was an idiot. I like Saban but think he'd be selling his soul going for this right now. He's in the middle of rebuilding the fins and will be looked at like Larry Brown shortly. What happens when another great offer comes along, will he bolt? That's what his next employer will have to think about.

I understand the money part of it, I get it, just think it's low class to pull this.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2007, 01:54:54 PM

Back in the day, coaches like John McKay left USC, **CENSORED** Vermeil left UCLA, Ray Perkins left Alabama to come and coach in the NFL.   It's strange how NFL coaches are now leaving the NFL to go coach college.

Basically everyone has figured out that in college you can "cheat". Not in all the usual ways colleges cheat but if you recruit well you can just plain flat out have a better team than most other people whihc isn't the case in the NFL. You have talent gaps but the talent level in the NFL is a lot closer and it is far more a coaches league for that reason.

You give 116 other NCAA Div1 coaches USC's talent and they'll win 9 games a year just because they are better than the other guys.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2007, 01:58:28 PM

If Saban leaves and Miami jettisons the entire Saban staff, I hope someone on the Bucs staff is wise enough to make a run at Hudson Houck..

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/coachingstaff/coachingstaff_houck_h.asp

BucfaninDC

Starter

#20 : January 02, 2007, 02:01:32 PM

I'm sure he's worried about your opinion of him. 

#21 : January 02, 2007, 02:05:43 PM

How does a college afford to pay more than an NFL team? How much is he making in Miami?
Its Alabama. Their program is LOADED.

Still a long way from getting that prestige back. LSU was more 'loaded' in those terms than Alabama, and Saban left there for the Dolphins.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#22 : January 02, 2007, 02:13:18 PM

Well, the real question now is this:  Who's going to be the coach of the Miami Dolphins?  Would they promote Dom Capers?  Do they go offense or defense?  We all know why Saban is going to leave.  So let's talk about who his replacement would be.  The perfect fit for the Dolphins.

Generic Username

Practice Squad

#23 : January 02, 2007, 02:18:37 PM

Mike Shula -- how ironic??  just kidding

#24 : January 02, 2007, 02:27:14 PM

I'm not sure how much the Dolphins like Mike Mularkey but I'm sure he would be an immediate candidate. He did a really good job as offensive coordinator with the Steelers for awhile. His short head coaching job with the BIlls didnt work out. He's done a pretty good job down in Miami with Joey Harrington this year and Ronnie Brown has had 2 good years. Their OL has actually done half way decent this year I think. But Im not sure what happened to McMichael and Chambers this year. Mularkey is a respected X's and Os coach, and was regarded highly enough to get a head coaching job with the BIlls a few years ago, so if Saban goes he could be a possibility to take over.

Im sure the Dolphins FO will assess the direction their team is headed and find someone who can take the pieces that are there and continue the development and progress it looked like the Dolphins were making for a lot of the last 2 seasons.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 02, 2007, 02:30:09 PM

I'm sure he's worried about your opinion of him.

You don't think I know that? It's an opinion of MINE.

#26 : January 02, 2007, 02:35:40 PM

that Mora sig is hilarious

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 02, 2007, 02:39:50 PM

How does a college afford to pay more than an NFL team? How much is he making in Miami?
Its Alabama. Their program is LOADED.

Still a long way from getting that prestige back. LSU was more 'loaded' in those terms than Alabama, and Saban left there for the Dolphins.
I was speaking in terms of $$$, and LSU doesn't have the money to spend that Bama does. Saban left LSU, because it was a dream of his to coach in the NFL. It now appears that he is not as enamored with the NFL gig than he was at the time that he took the job.

As much as I want to see him in Tuscaloosa, I still don't think that he makes the move.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 02, 2007, 02:52:20 PM

I'm an Alabama fan, I would be so happy if this happens.

#29 : January 02, 2007, 02:54:39 PM

O I thought you meant the job was loaded as far as recruiting abilities, program prestige, etc. LSU definitely gets great recruits, some of the best athletes in the country. They won a national championship and Saban had everything he could want at the college level. Unless a 50 mil contract pulls him away, he wont go
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looks like Saban may leave Miami « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools