Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The New NFC South « previous next »
Page: 1

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: October 01, 2006, 08:10:50 PM

After watching today, it appears that every team in the division has gotten instantly better from this past draft.

Atlanta:  Jerious Norwood looks to be the real deal, and they are playing well without the equivalent of their first round pick in Abraham.

Carolina:  Same with DeAngelo Williams.

New Orleans:  Obviously Reggie Bush is a big deal and will only be bigger once they perfect how to use him.  That was bad enough, but now this kid Colston is killing people too!

Tampa Bay:  Uhhh...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 01, 2006, 08:14:24 PM

After watching today, it appears that every team in the division has gotten instantly better from this past draft.

Atlanta: Jerious Norwood looks to be the real deal, and they are playing well without the equivalent of their first round pick in Abraham.

Carolina: Same with DeAngelo Williams.

New Orleans: Obviously Reggie Bush is a big deal and will only be bigger once they perfect how to use him. That was bad enough, but now this kid Colston is killing people too!

Tampa Bay: Uhhh...

That's okay, because what we failed to upgrade in the draft, we addressed in Free Agency...  Right?  [/sarcasm] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 01, 2006, 08:18:30 PM

I think we will be okay. We lost players right before the season. I think our defense will improve in the safety area immediately after Monte kicks their asses.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 01, 2006, 08:24:33 PM

I think we will be okay. We lost players right before the season. I think our defense will improve in the safety area immediately after Monte kicks their asses.

I do think our defense will improve.  Unfortunately we have lost our starting QB so  I don't think we'll be ok.   But at least Gradkowski will get a year to develop.   

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 01, 2006, 08:26:23 PM

I really do think that Joseph will make a difference.  I don't know if that's kool aid talking or what though.  

I just don't like to see all the teams in our division with instant impact rooks while we have none.

I also don't like that Stovall, who was pretty hyped, has not even been active while NO has a late 7th rounder looking like a star!

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#5 : October 01, 2006, 08:30:10 PM

Boy would a guy like Johnathon Joseph or Kelly Jennings as a 3rd corner be great to have right around now..

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : October 01, 2006, 08:38:24 PM

I still don't understand how last year's team turned into this year's!! [banghead] [banghead]

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 01, 2006, 08:40:57 PM

Boy would a guy like Johnathon Joseph or Kelly Jennings as a 3rd corner be great to have right around now..

Or Richard Marshall, who is rumored to have been the pick before Carolina snatched him up one pick before us.  We got Trueblood instead.

watson

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 01, 2006, 08:46:21 PM

Since Monte has been here, how many rookies have started on defense?  As good as Ronde is, he didn't fill the nickel role until his second year.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 01, 2006, 08:49:31 PM

huh?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : October 01, 2006, 10:11:00 PM

What amazes me is the fact that we haven't even seen our picks on the field yet and we are unhappy with the result of the draft.

The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Everybody needs to realize that. Joseph has been injured and just hasn't seen the field yet so really you can't say whether or not that was a good pick. Secondly, our third rounder, Stovall, hasn't seen the field as a result of poor offensive line play. We are using max protect sets instead of using extra WRs. That is what happens when you have trouble pass protecting, and that is why he hasn't seen the field yet. Another guy there that you just can't say good or bad on.

Finally, we have a rookie from this draft class who beat out our backups and is going to start this week. Good or bad, he was the backup and has looked like a good pick so far. We'll see when the bullets reall fly here down the stretch, but if we get a starting QB out of this draft in the 6th round how can you bash it?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 01, 2006, 10:23:23 PM

I certainly was not bashing our draft class, it's just a little disheartening to see every other team in our division get instant contributions while we are left wondering what we have.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 01, 2006, 11:10:40 PM

I'd like to see how the rest of the season un-folds. Win or lose, we are going to grow and find the future of this team

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 02, 2006, 12:42:51 AM

I certainly was not bashing our draft class, it's just a little disheartening to see every other team in our division get instant contributions while we are left wondering what we have.

This coaching staff is slow to play young players.  This has been one of the biggest complaints I have had with them for a while.  A blind man could see that Clayton as a rookie was better than Timmy Brown.  It is obvious the Bucs have some players that have some upside that should see playing time.  Gruden did say the younger players will see playing time this year with the way things have started so far.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 02, 2006, 09:45:42 AM

I do think our defense will improve. Unfortunately we have lost our starting QB so I don't think we'll be ok. But at least Gradkowski will get a year to develop.

We've got to be okay with what we have. I've excepted that we won't go to the playoffs.  We most likely will look similar to the Titans did with a rookie, but I agree with you we will see growth. I thought Chris Simms improved a lot in his 2nd game even though we lost. I never expected to go to the playoffs with him though. What a bonus.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The New NFC South « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools