Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Schaub to Oakland for the #1 pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nflinsider

Starter

#15 : January 02, 2007, 12:10:49 AM

I think the rumor started in an Oakland newspaper. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/raiders/rumors.html

It's made it to the Falcons message boards too. There are several scenarios some involving other picks and Moss.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 02, 2007, 12:15:12 AM

I don't know...Al has made some pretty dumb moves in the past. A trade like this wouldn't shock me.

He has a history of screwing up drafts. Remember he drafted a kicker in the first round.

nflinsider

Starter

#17 : January 02, 2007, 12:21:01 AM

I don't know...Al has made some pretty dumb moves in the past. A trade like this wouldn't shock me.

He has a history of screwing up drafts. Remember he drafted a kicker in the first round.

I guess if it involves Moss and or other picks, it might make sense.

#18 : January 02, 2007, 12:25:55 AM

Schaub and the Falcons 1st round pick for the Raiders 1st pick is a possibility.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2007, 12:42:54 AM

Maybe the rumor is that they will trade Schaub for Oakland's second round pick. That's more believable to me.

That's about Schaub's value.   It would be a fair trade for both sides.    My guess is that a Falcon fan started the rumor of Schaub for the first pick in the draft.    I don't think the Raiders would trade the first pick in the draft for Vick, let alone pine shining Schaub.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : January 02, 2007, 01:18:49 AM

How stupid does that make Atl?  Vick has a high probability of getting hurt.

#21 : January 02, 2007, 01:22:54 AM

How stupid does that make Atl?  Vick has a high probability of getting hurt.

Schaub wants out, he wants to start and there isn't much point hanging onto an unhappy player.  If they swap Schaub and their 1st round for the Raiders number one pick they have plenty of options.  They could even trade the number one pick away for a 1st and 2nd round pick plus a 1st round pick in the 2008 draft.

They could tag Schaub now, but he will be a FA again in 2008.  They couldn't franchise him so maybe its better to trade now when they still can.

#22 : January 02, 2007, 01:24:43 AM

How stupid does that make Atl? Vick has a high probability of getting hurt.
They have the great DJ Shockley still.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#23 : January 02, 2007, 01:29:49 AM

Whatever Atlanta does with their pick, they'll probably just choose another WR in the first anyways. Calvin Johnson or not, if the ball is thrown 10 yards away from him, he can't really do much now, can he.

T

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 02, 2007, 10:12:15 AM

Al Davis should fire himself if this really happens.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 02, 2007, 10:15:00 AM

Even Darth Al ain't that crazy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 02, 2007, 10:20:04 AM

This would be hilarious is true. To trade a QB that's better at playing the position than your $130M starting QB would an enormous mistake.

If ATL is smart they'll keep Schaub and have him compete with Vick for the starting QB position.

nflinsider

Starter

#27 : January 02, 2007, 10:35:41 AM

Schaub will never beat out Vick in Atlanta. The guys face is plastered all over the city. Vick is a good example of why you dont mortgage your franchise on unproven players.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 02, 2007, 10:42:54 AM

Schaub wil never beat out Vick in Atlanta. The guy face is plastered all over the city. Vick is a good example of why you dont mortgage your franchise on unproven players.

I think if you brought in a coach that demanded the position be open for competition it would put Vick on high alert. That's the issue with Vick, the coaches and owner are not holding him accountable for his poor play. He then goes into a PC and says everything's gravy with him and his stats. His attitude is the worst and know for sure that the FO is seeing it first hand now.

The only way Vick can improve is if you hold his job in jepordy. Then you'll see what he's about. My opinion is he'd go TO on that team is his job was in jepordy.

watson

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 02, 2007, 10:49:35 AM

Even if this trade happened, with McKay's track record for drafting offensive players he would screw up the selection.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Schaub to Oakland for the #1 pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools