Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Schaub to Oakland for the #1 pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 02, 2007, 10:52:36 AM

IF Al were to make that trade, I think the NFL should make him sell the Raiduhs.  That would certainly prove, once and for all, that he's not only senile, but possibly insane as well.  :)  I'd never be surprised by anything he's done, but he does love his high picks.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

nflinsider

Starter

#31 : January 02, 2007, 10:55:36 AM

Even if this trade happened, with McKay's track record for drafting offensive players he would screw up the selection.

It's not that hard to screw up the number one pick. I bet they would trade down a few spots and still get Johnson. That's who they want. McKay is not as dumb as you think he is. The guy had a big part in building a superbowl team here.

nflinsider

Starter

#32 : January 02, 2007, 11:14:52 AM

Schaub Will never beat out Vick in Atlanta. The guy face is plastered all over the city. Vick is a good example of why you don't mortgage your franchise on unproven players.

I think if you brought in a coach that demanded the position be open for competition it would put Vick on high alert. That's the issue with Vick, the coaches and owner are not holding him accountable for his poor play. He then goes into a PC and says everything's gravy with him and his stats. His attitude is the worst and know for sure that the FO is seeing it first hand now.

The only way Vick can improve is if you hold his job in jepordy. Then you'll see what he's about. My opinion is he'd go TO on that team is his job was in jepordy.

I agree with you 100%. The next head coach needs to send a message to Vick that the job is not "his..." and  the best players will play. But, will he have the support from the front office to deliver that message??? I'm not sure. Atlanta has a lot of money tied up in Vick and I think they would like to find a coach that can help Vick become the player they thought he would be. Here are Vicks comments from the AJC on Monday concerning the possibility of losing is starting job.

"Honestly, at this point in my career I'm not worried about anybody coming in and taking my position," Vick said. "I'm still one of the best, and I've accomplished a lot. Just give me the right plays and I'll make it happen. I'm not worried about that."

Doesn't sound like he all that concerned about Schaub. In fact, the "just give me the right plays" comments was directed at Mora. What kind of message does that send to the next head coach???

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 02, 2007, 11:24:44 AM

nflinsdier: that quote by Vick should be a huge red flag to the FO that he thinks his shlt don't stink. If he had the work ethic this wouldn't be an issue but he's an awful leader and QB for this reason. He still thinks after all of this inconsistency that he's still one of the best. It's so far from the truth but he doesn't see it. It'll hit him hard soon enough when he gets demoted and other teams don't want his sorry ass.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 02, 2007, 11:25:20 AM

No shot in hell schaub for the numero uno...

Baghead #2

watson

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 02, 2007, 11:36:47 AM

Even if this trade happened, with McKay's track record for drafting offensive players he would screw up the selection.

It's not that hard to screw up the number one pick. I bet they would trade down a few spots and still get Johnson. That's who they want. McKay is not as dumb as you think he is. The guy had a big part in building a superbowl team here.
I have no problem with some of the defensive picks McKay made........Barber, Kelly, FA Rice, but his track record for offensive players...especially WRs is not that good.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Bucs33

Second String

#36 : January 02, 2007, 11:37:59 AM

matt shaub, a rich man's Kerwin Bell.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 02, 2007, 11:46:47 AM

"Honestly, at this point in my career I'm not worried about anybody coming in and taking my position," Vick said. "I'm still one of the best, and I've accomplished a lot. Just give me the right plays and I'll make it happen. I'm not worried about that."

Doesn't sound like he all that concerned about Schaub. In fact, the "just give me the right plays" comments was directed at Mora. What kind of message does that send to the next head coach???

It says you'd better have your QB help select the next coach. ATL has a problem since they tied themselves to the Vick horse that they have no other option but to make the best of it and since Vick has shown he's more than happy to toss a coach under the bus you'd best get him on-board with what you are doing. It is the 100% wrong thing to do but ATL is so $%^& right now they don't have options.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Schaub to Oakland for the #1 pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools