Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Per ESPN : Colt McCoy said he is returning for his senior season. « previous next »
Page: 1

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

: October 23, 2008, 11:11:31 PM

bad choice... example : Brian brohm.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 23, 2008, 11:22:02 PM

not if the kid likes college.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 24, 2008, 09:32:15 AM

I respect the 'stay in college/get a degree' thing in theory.  Respectable.

However,one can ALWAYS go back to college.  One cannot always go in the NFL if say, he suffers a bad broken leg. 

Take the money.  Go back to school if you need to later in life. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 24, 2008, 07:45:52 PM

Emmitt Smith left early, first round pick, took the money, and finished his degree during spring semesters (though you couldn't tell from listening to him.) Result-HOF, $$$, fame and fortune.

Earnest Graham stayed for his senior year, tore his ACL and was undrafted, spent years on and off the roster/PS living on little $$, before finally getting his break.

I say take the money.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 24, 2008, 08:35:57 PM

for someone pretty good on these boards, thats one of the worst comparisons ive ever read.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 25, 2008, 12:36:52 PM

for someone pretty good on these boards, thats one of the worst comparisons ive ever read.

Meh, I got a little lazy. The topic immediately brought Graham to mind. I couldn't think of too many other RBs that left early AND went back and finished their degree AND were highly successful in the NFL.

Emmitt didn't leave just for the $$$, he was also afraid of the new pass-happy HC (Spurrier) reducing his carries in college.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 25, 2008, 09:40:46 PM

Wait until the end of the season. Right now, there projecting him as a 3rd rounder, by the end of the season, he'll probably be a first and might thik differently. When he does come out, I really hope the Bucs take him. Evev in the first.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 27, 2008, 08:44:28 AM

If NFL would cap the rookie's salaries then there'd be more people staying their full 4 years at college and rookies would be more ready when they entered the NFL.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Per ESPN : Colt McCoy said he is returning for his senior season. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools