Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could this be a turning point game? « previous next »
Page: 1

obuc

Starter

« : October 13, 2008, 10:55:40 AM »

Young guys like Talib are coming on. Receivers like Clayton and Bryant are looking solid, the O-line seems to be gelling, the defense is ferocious and Garcia is back to his old form.

This was the first taste the team has had for actually all coming together. Hopefully, this is what we see on most weeks.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : October 13, 2008, 11:01:51 AM »

4 catches for 48 yards for a combined stat line of our wideouts yesterday should tell you how solid they really are.

I don't wanna be down on the team too much because the win was great and almost perfect but a solid #1 would normally have that on an off day.
I'm not on the bandwagon that thinks we need a TO/Moss type franchise WR but we do need to upgrade to at least average level starters IMO.

JM2

Pro Bowler

« #2 : October 13, 2008, 11:03:50 AM »

It was very nice to see guys hanging on to the ball in traffic.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #3 : October 13, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »

4 catches for 48 yards for a combined stat line of our wideouts yesterday should tell you how solid they really are.

I don't wanna be down on the team too much because the win was great and almost perfect but a solid #1 would normally have that on an off day.
I'm not on the bandwagon that thinks we need a TO/Moss type franchise WR but we do need to upgrade to at least average level starters IMO.

We have good Oline, backs, and TEs, if we could get better WR play this offense could be really good. Add in a legitimate starter at QB and it would be downright  scary

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 13, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »

I think our inconsistency at QB since 2003 has also contributed to the performance of our WRs...

BucFanSince76

Second String

« #5 : October 13, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »

Our defense needs to take some receiver training. They're dropping passes all day. :P

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : October 13, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »

Snook, I humbly disagree. You can't throw the ball on the numbers and consistently have WRs drop it and blame lack of continuity. Gradkowski's overthrows and missing WRs contributed to lower numbers. But the WRs deserve the bulk of the blame otherwise IMHO.

In Verner We Trust
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could this be a turning point game? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools