Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will Davin do in first start? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 12, 2006, 12:22:37 PM

Hopefully we don't hear about him once the entire game (Except for starting intros of course).

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Orangegone1

Starter

#16 : October 12, 2006, 05:35:01 PM

I would feel better about him for this game if he wasn't coming off the knee injury. Hopefully he is 100% and can push off. I really think he will be an above average OG. I like his attitude and his wrestling background. If he can become good and we get a FA Center next year and depth at OT, we can develop an offense. That's what will make this season tolerable is watching the young guys develop for the future

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 12, 2006, 06:18:32 PM

He will do ok..

buckit

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 12, 2006, 06:44:09 PM

Considering Cincy sucks against the run, I reckon the kid'll look great.   ;)

BTW, does anyone else NOT like the new smilieys?

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 12, 2006, 09:53:09 PM

I think that Davin will do just fine. I really hope that we can line up Mahn at C so we can see what we might need to do in the future.
I would guess Wade this start.  Gives staff a chance to feel if the line will work well enough this season.  If they feel he's become a weak link, then maybe Mahan next week.  But I'd think they'd want some tape on the unit as a whole before that change.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 13, 2006, 01:00:31 AM

LT Davis
LG Buenning
C Wade
RG Joseph
RT 'Blood

Barring injury, that should be the line we see until next year.

Who knows who the Bucs will use at center next year.  I hope it isn't Mahan.  The guy is a backup at best.  They need to draft a quality guy next year.  IF the Bucs are unfortunate (fortunate?) enough to "land" the number 1 pick, I hope they trade down, and pick up a few more.  The Bucs have a lot of needs, and I trust Grudens ability to draft in the first few rounds.

Although this year, the Bucs have really yet to see any production from any of the first through 3rd rounders they picked.  But dang if they aren't getting some face time now.

I fully expected to see Davin in there, but he got nicked up.  He is back, hopefully at 100 percent, so we can fairly asses his skill set.  And 'Blood gets his nod via injury to his predescessor.  At least we get to see him.  And it does look like Gruden is willing to use Stove on some plays...the Redzone stuff, which is perfect by me.

So I bashed this years draft, but now I get to see them, and I am mildly excited, for once.  Hey, when you are winless, you start searching for things to be happy about.

But I might change my mind (as some of you), if they don't play well.  But my gut says they will.

Sorry to ramble.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 13, 2006, 06:56:32 AM

Boid, you get your wish with Mahan this week. I also agree that the Bucs should continually trade down to get some volume in rounds 1,2,3.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#22 : October 13, 2006, 08:41:51 AM

Not expecting much. Just hoping he wont get hurt again this year and has the rest of the season to learn what it takes to be a starting OL.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 13, 2006, 08:48:14 AM

If he can hold his own and get a modicum of push in the run game from the right side I'll be pleased...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will Davin do in first start? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools