Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will Davin do in first start? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

: October 11, 2006, 09:54:17 PM

How do you think Davin will do in his first start>  I think the running game will explode( in a positive way )

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : October 11, 2006, 10:00:40 PM

I think he will do alright. Probably miss some assignments but also probably help the run game as you mentioned.

simms22

Second String

#2 : October 11, 2006, 10:01:37 PM

i think the running game will definitely improve, trueblood is known for his run blocking and so is davin so it looks like we can run off both sides unlike last year.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 11, 2006, 10:09:47 PM

If we see anything like we saw when those two manned together in the senior bowl it could be a pretty sight for Bucs fans. I thought they also did very well making some holes for Graham during the preseason.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#4 : October 11, 2006, 10:10:22 PM

I hope he lives up to what he said " Caddy be ready to see some Holes " or something like that.

drywallbuc

Starter

#5 : October 11, 2006, 10:16:33 PM

will davin be lining up next to trueblood? cant remember which side he plays on.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

simms22

Second String

#6 : October 11, 2006, 10:17:26 PM

will davin be lining up next to trueblood? cant remember which side he plays on.
yes

bucshot224

Second String

#7 : October 11, 2006, 10:19:47 PM

I think that Davin will do just fine. I really hope that we can line up Mahn at C so we can see what we might need to do in the future.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

drywallbuc

Starter

#8 : October 11, 2006, 10:38:22 PM

i say we get gallery or somebody of that degree, wow about turley in st louis, is he washed up yet.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : October 11, 2006, 10:45:43 PM

I think that Davin will do just fine. I really hope that we can line up Mahn at C so we can see what we might need to do in the future.

Yep I think it is time for that. Wade isn't going to be involved in this line much longer so we may as well take this opportunity to get Mahan in there and see if he can be our center or not. If not, oh well we'll get a new one. If he can be great then the line can jell.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 11, 2006, 10:53:38 PM

If Davin can come in and play at least average ball in his first season, I will be happy.  He has got to do better than Mahan at least.  Mahan is much weaker than Joseph is, so at least we won't see our RG get bounced around in the interior like a beach ball.

And I hope he becomes a quick learner, and takes his first guard taken status seriously.  He has to outshine his fellow draft class guards, IMO.

nickerson56

Starter
#11 : October 12, 2006, 12:46:35 AM

hopefully he ends up as good as hutchinson.  if not, wasted pick.  as for this week, he'll do better than mahan, but who wouldn't?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 12, 2006, 09:08:55 AM

It'll be interesting to see his conditioning hold up. Last week he was short yardage man and our short yardage didn't do diddly so he didn't come out guns blazing.

I saw that they used Clayton on short yardage.  Either they were trying to be cute or Fonoti is sorely missed.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 12, 2006, 10:28:00 AM

I saw that they used Clayton on short yardage. Either they were trying to be cute or Fonoti is sorely missed.

That is the thing right there.  If they would have kept Fonoti, my guess is on short yardage, the Bucs get the first down.  Easily.  That is what Fonoti would be good for.

And there are going to be a lot of situations when the Bucs are going to need to ram it down someones throat...

Sigh.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 12, 2006, 11:41:22 AM

I think Joseph will do just fine.  I would also like to see Mahan get out there and play C but I think they will give Wade a few weeks with Joseph and then around week 8-10 we will see Mahan get his shot to show if he is any better.  I don't agree that Joseph has to be better then Hutch or it will have been a wasted pick.  All Joseph has to be is an abover average OG and we will have gotten our picks worth.  Some people seem to believe that every first round pick has to be a probowler.  Can anybody find Ryan Leaf for me and ask him if he was a probowler?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How will Davin do in first start? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools