Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BOISE STATE EARNED CO-NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 13-0! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

coolhandluke

Starter

: January 02, 2007, 05:52:44 AM

What a great game and a great Comeback and gutsy 2 point conversion to WIN last nite! 13-0 beating OU there is no way anyone can say that they dont deserve to be CO-NATIONAL CHAMPIONS....

Now what if a one loss Florida team wins.. How does the vote go!! Sure Florida will win it but deep down the team and all Fans including me knows that BOISE STATE is as good as any team in the Nation.. They proved it

NUFF SAID

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 02, 2007, 07:08:27 AM

Incredible.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

zed

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 02, 2007, 07:20:55 AM

They'll end up like Utah a few years back

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 02, 2007, 08:07:30 AM

The problem with college football.

#4 : January 02, 2007, 08:21:32 AM

What a great game and a great Comeback and gutsy 2 point conversion to WIN last nite! 13-0 beating OU there is no way anyone can say that they dont deserve to be CO-NATIONAL CHAMPIONS....

Now what if a one loss Florida team wins.. How does the vote go!! Sure Florida will win it but deep down the team and all Fans including me knows that BOISE STATE is as good as any team in the Nation.. They proved it

Or, maybe it's time that Boise State learned that you don't get a shot at the national championship by playing a creampuff schedule:

Sacramento State

Oregon State

Wyoming

Hawai'i

Utah

Louisiana Tech

New Mexico State

Idaho

Fresno State

San Jose State

Utah State

Nevada

coolhandluke

Starter

#5 : January 02, 2007, 08:33:25 AM

Oregon St. Beat USC....It wasnt a Cream puff Schedule they won all there games and they beat OU!!

NUFF SAID

13-0

#6 : January 02, 2007, 08:36:21 AM

Wasn't a creampuff schedule? Try playing a top 20 team. One at least...

#7 : January 02, 2007, 08:36:52 AM

Oregon St. Beat USC....It wasnt a Cream puff Schedule they won all there games and they beat OU!!

NUFF SAID

13-0
Wonderful logic...so we're better than the NFC East winners because we beat Philly, and last year SF was better than us because they beat us.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 02, 2007, 08:42:12 AM

NUFF SAID

13-0
Wonderful logic...so we're better than the NFC East winners because we beat Philly, and last year SF was better than us because they beat us.

HAHAHA, good point!

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 02, 2007, 08:51:43 AM

Boise state has no business sniffing the national championship. There isn't an argument.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 02, 2007, 09:18:45 AM

Boise state has no business sniffing the national championship. There isn't an argument.

Yeah well they had no business being in the BCS either. The system sucks, we all know it except for the tools that are run by TV networks who have to defend this dumb system.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#11 : January 02, 2007, 09:31:39 AM

With the way USC completely destroyed a Michigan team everyone thought should be in the title game, and Boise State beating a top 10 team should prove that a playoff system is needed.  Let them earn in on the field.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 02, 2007, 09:35:52 AM

I agree that a playoff system is needed, however, under the current system, the BCS made the right choices for the NC.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

T

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 02, 2007, 10:27:28 AM

BSU should try playing ranked teams, if they wanna claim a share of the National Title. Last time they played a ranked team I beleive they got spanked pretty bad by Georgia. They played a good game against a Oklahoma team that seemed flat, but they didn't win anything. Maybe this game will wake up the NCAA to the fact that a playoff system should be in place.

phbuc

Rookie

#14 : January 02, 2007, 10:45:42 AM

Boise State, herein known as B.S., picked on what looks to
be the worst secondary in NCAA football.

Despite losing to Oregon St. USC was able to recover in
the rankings until the loss to UCLA.  That subjectiveness
is what makes it interesting.

A playoff system will favor the underdog, which is not
what college dynasties want.  I'm happy with the increased
visibility of some of the lesser-known schools.  If a prospect
wants to sign with Utah or Boise State, so be it.

There are no clear winners, and maybe there shouldn't be.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BOISE STATE EARNED CO-NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 13-0! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools