Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BOISE STATE EARNED CO-NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 13-0! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #15 : January 02, 2007, 10:52:03 AM »

Boise state has no business sniffing the national championship. There isn't an argument.

Yeah well they had no business being in the BCS either. The system sucks, we all know it except for the tools that are run by TV networks who have to defend this dumb system.

I agree about the system but Oklahoma has been notorious for laying eggs in big games. Yes, they beat the Noles that year but after that it's been awful. Boise State wouldn't win a NC no matter what the format. They play a disgusting schedule and should be slapped for it.

You want Boise to play in the NC game? Alright, schedule some big-time schools to play against and beat and you've got me. Don't give me they beat this team who beat that team.

coolhandluke

Starter

« #16 : January 02, 2007, 11:03:27 AM »

BOISE STATE Proved it on the Field..That alone proves they belong.

Like I have always said you need to prove it on the field  lets see what Florida does against Ohio State...

What I saw last night was a team as good as anyone out there. I also saw a Michigan Team that looked very OVERATED!!!!

NUFF SAID

« #17 : January 02, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »

Like I have always said you need to prove it on the field  lets see what Florida does against Ohio State...

What I saw last night was a team as good as anyone out there. I also saw a Michigan Team that looked very OVERATED!!!!

NUFF SAID
Meh, it won't happen, you can scream about it all you want, it really makes no difference, nobody in their right mind will vote BSU as NC....

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 02, 2007, 11:07:05 AM »

Uh no. The National Champion will be crowned on January 8th (and I think it will be a team in Orange and Blue....but not from Idaho).

coolhandluke

Starter

« #19 : January 02, 2007, 12:03:14 PM »

Jason you may be right but I bet if Florida wins that they do not win it outright. I bet you the Boise State gets a few first place votes!!!

Say what you want but they deserve a few.

Personally I bet that Florida will not get within 21 of Ohio State at the end    42-21 Ohio State!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 02, 2007, 12:05:17 PM »

Like I have always said you need to prove it on the field lets see what Florida does against Ohio State...

NUFF SAID

this balllicking of Boise State has got to go.

« #21 : January 02, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »

Now I know you're taking drugs considering you said they won't get within 21...well..42-21 IS within 21.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 02, 2007, 12:08:48 PM »

Boise state beat who? Beat oklahoma once! Try playing in big 12, pac 10, sec or Big 10 on the road and having 4 tough a$$ games a year like that....Boise state, great win, but all for not. You cannot win a national championship playing in the conference they play in, can't happen, won't happen, never will happen.

Baghead #2

orlandobuc

Starter

« #23 : January 02, 2007, 04:08:50 PM »

They should have gotten an opportunity but then so should 6 other teams in an 8 game tournament.

Fact is we dont have that yet and marring the meaning of the Jan 8 game does noone any good.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 02, 2007, 04:13:06 PM »

Boise state beat who? Beat oklahoma once! Try playing in big 12, pac 10, sec or Big 10 on the road and having 4 tough a$$ games a year like that....Boise state, great win, but all for not. You cannot win a national championship playing in the conference they play in, can't happen, won't happen, never will happen.

It's why the whole BCS crap should be dumped because some conferences just don't even have a shot at winning while various overblown conference- Big East most years for example or the ACC this year- get shots all because of the need of the BCS to have 1 more conference as part of the "in" club than the outsiders looking in.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 02, 2007, 05:06:32 PM »

I will say that that was one of the best football games I've seen in a long time. I enjoyed watching that whole game and I'm not a fan of either team. I was pulling for Boise state because I like the underdog. Having said that I also believe there should be a playoff system setup using the current bowls but in a playoff format. Having said that, without a playoff system in place now I do not believe that Boise State should be considered for a share of the national championship because they didn't beat anyone significant. Even Oklahoma this year wasn't that good. Put Boise State against Michigan(Ohio State, FL, USC, etc...) and they'd get hammered IMO.

Great game though.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

coolhandluke

Starter

« #26 : January 02, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »

Funny, People were saying that they would get Hammered by Oklahoma..Speaking of getting Hammered how about that Michigan Team!!!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 02, 2007, 05:19:31 PM »

It's why the whole BCS crap should be dumped because some conferences just don't even have a shot at winning while various overblown conference- Big East most years for example or the ACC this year- get shots all because of the need of the BCS to have 1 more conference as part of the "in" club than the outsiders looking in.

I agree, completely a mess...

Baghead #2

Pulling Guard

Second String

« #28 : January 02, 2007, 05:22:56 PM »

BSU is a damn good team, but I don't think going undfeated in D1 automatically qualifies a team for a title, or even a share of one.

Look at their schedule:

Sacramento State --Finished 4-7 in minor conference.
Oregon State --Decent team, but lost to WashST
Wyoming --Finished 6-6, and BSU only won by 7
Hawaii --Decent team, but lost to a bad Bama team
Utah --8-5, with losses to several minors
Louisiana Tech-- 3-10. Nuff said.
New Mexico State --4-8. Nuff said.
Idaho --Another 4-8
Fresno State --4-8. Notice a pattern here?
San Jose State --9-4. Decent, but BSU won by 3.
Utah State-- 1-11.
Nevada 8-5, --lost to a bad scUM team in their bowl.
Oklahoma --Good win.

Sorry, I'm not convinced they are anything more than a pretty good team who faces weak competition and can pull off an upset. Not national champ caliber by a long shot.

coolhandluke

Starter

« #29 : January 02, 2007, 05:30:54 PM »

13-0 is scoreboard. They did their talking on the field. Michigan did their talking to the Media.....

This is the reason they need a playoff and if a 1 loss Florida team beats Ohio... (They Wont) but lets just say the impossible happens and they should beat Ohio State.. Then you will have a BCS team that is 13-0 and you are going to give a BCS team that has 1 loss the Championship??

Heck the way the SEC is losing in Bowl Games a 1 loss Wisconson team should also be considered then.. Who did WI beat?? Oh yeah a SEC TEAM!! Nuff Said
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BOISE STATE EARNED CO-NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 13-0! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools