Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: our 2nd rd pick from the colts.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

zed

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 02, 2007, 06:42:46 PM

The only problem is Simeon might possibly retire if we trade him, which absolutely destroyes any trade value that he has.  Of course, if it is a team that has a very good chance to go to the Super Bowl, he may be interested.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 02, 2007, 06:46:25 PM

The only problem is Simeon might possibly retire if we trade him, which absolutely destroyes any trade value that he has.

I don't think so. He doesn't want to finish his career on IR.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 02, 2007, 06:55:29 PM

I dont think anyone can really be upset where that pick is in the 2nd round because it was a gift. Allen fleeced the Colts on that deal. McFarland has been a disaster and we would have flat released him in the offseason if not for the Colts trading for him.

Well there is that fact so many seem to miss. 

I am not a basher of Simeon, I have never been enamored with his overall play and lack of consistency either.  He is a game changer when he is on his game.  Given the prior two statements it would be hard to sign off on 9 mill a year for him.  The trade option if viable would be good for the bucs, and perhaps Simeon.  I don't see the bucs as SB contenders next year as of today (though strange things happen in this league - see the Ravens)  It will be an enchanting offseason as we see how the plans at the Palace materialize.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2007, 07:57:10 PM

HELLO, we're 25 mil under without doing anything right now.  It's addition without subtracting.  The freakin guy was hurt!  Both of them.  And the notion of having two corners over 30 is straigth crazy to me.  BK and Sim, if here down the stretch, would have made a difference and I dare anyone to refute that based on both of their past history's here.  If you can get Freny for 9 mil then I'm good with it...anything or anybody else is a crap shoot...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#19 : January 02, 2007, 07:59:32 PM

Whether the Colts lose next week, or lose the AFC championship game, their draft pick will be the same. The only way it would change is if they make the Superbowl.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2007, 08:04:08 PM

4 picks in the first day can be a potentially great draft, if we pick the right guys...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#21 : January 02, 2007, 08:07:02 PM

Well, the reasoning behind that is if we trade Simeon we gain about $9 million more we can use for free agents. 

I am not sure where the $9 million is coming from  ???  His 2007 salary is only $7.25 million, and I don't  think there is a 2007 roster bonus due.  

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 02, 2007, 08:08:47 PM

Sims cap value is just over 9 mill Bilbo - see last PR issue - a free plug SR.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 02, 2007, 08:09:16 PM

OMG he's a bragain at 7.5 mil...what are we talking about here...LOL  I assume the 7.5 is with escalators that equal nine...just a guess...

#24 : January 02, 2007, 08:09:44 PM

What's the cap hit on trading Rice?

#25 : January 02, 2007, 08:11:49 PM

4 picks in the first day can be a potentially great draft, if we pick the right guys...

True, use them well and it will make all the difference.  If the Buccs can draft super productive players like Ruud, Marquis Cooper, Colmer and Marquise Walker on the first day we will be back in business.   :o  Aren't you glad Bruce and Jon are running the ship, it gives me a warm feeling deep inside......kinda like heartburn.   :P

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 02, 2007, 08:13:21 PM

LOL, I am glad..heck we're shoping at Neman Marcus this year... ;D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 02, 2007, 08:17:28 PM

True, use them well and it will make all the difference.  If the Buccs can draft super productive players like Ruud, Marquis Cooper, Colmer and Marquise Walker on the first day we will be back in business.   :o  Aren't you glad Bruce and Jon are running the ship, it gives me a warm felling deep inside......kinda like heartburn.   :P

Ruud will play here for a long time and be productive. Colmer was a dice roll that didn't pay off. Walker was McKay's pick against Jon Gruden's desires.

#28 : January 02, 2007, 08:20:41 PM

Sims cap value is just over 9 mill Bilbo - see last PR issue - a free plug SR.  LOL

Cap value isn't salary, and you don't save the entire cap value if you cut a player.  

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 02, 2007, 08:23:56 PM

They showed 9 mill of cap savings - could have been if he was traded, I don't recall.  Don't think I said cut - sorry if I misled.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: our 2nd rd pick from the colts.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools