Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gone after three years?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#15 : January 02, 2007, 09:38:02 AM

What would Jesus do?

Fire Jon Gruden!

And he walks with me
And he talks with me
He tells me to fire Gruden

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 02, 2007, 09:38:51 AM

"We're a 4-12 team this year, but we had five or six starters sitting out [Sunday] and in a lot of our games [injuries] were some of the key ingredients to the recipe," he said.

"I mean, the spaghetti doesn't taste the same when there aren't any meatballs in it. We've got to stay healthy. So I'm mad at Alex Smith and Cadillac [Williams]; I'm mad at Michael Clayton and Dan Buenning.

"And I miss [Brian] Kelly and [Simeon] Rice. And [Anthony] McFarland is in Indiana right now. So the spaghetti sauce wasn't quite the same this year. As a matter of fact it tasted lousy. We have to do something about that next year."

This guy has been making excuses all year long.  As a coach, you need a back up plan, see Andy Reid in Philly.  What truly is remarkable is that most of you think that things will some how be magically terrific and different next year??  Get out of the Lucky Charms and get back to reality!!  What did anyone see that would lead you to believe anything will be different next year??  Oh, that's right, all of the cap room and draft picks.  Well, looking back on his track record, that might not be a good thing at all.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 02, 2007, 09:40:01 AM

What would Jesus do?

Fire Jon Gruden!

And he walks with me
And he talks with me

AMEN BROTHER!!  Actually, I don't think the creator of the universe is quite so caught up in football Illuminator.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2007, 09:41:46 AM

?

What would Jesus do?

Fire Jon Gruden!

And he walks with me
And he talks with me

AMEN BROTHER!! Actually, I don't think the creator of the universe is quite so caught up in football Illuminator.
Simple fact is that the Super Bowl keeps him alive for another year apparently...oh and a host of excuses that Gruden isn't making but he's telling us all about.

How much does a Super Bowl count for?  By my count only 17 teams out of 32 have won one.  And of the 40 games that have been played you can add nine from the losers that have ever been to the game.  Throw in that we toiled for near 30 years in futility, despair and just plane sucked, I find it difficult to discard the fact that we own a trophy and all of the half-empties want to continually discount it or treat it like it was no big deal.  

I know I know, all you Janet Jackson types will sing to your hearts content.  But it's a huge factor in the franchise's history and just so happens JG was at the helm when it happened.  Tony's team, JG's team, with some Sam Wyche 5-0 thrown in as well.  

The debate won't die nor will the references to what, when, or why will have folks up in arms all off-season I'm sure.  Does my man deserve the critisism, sure.  But how long do you chastise?  How long do you rail against?  

Until he wins another?  What's the bar here for improvement

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 02, 2007, 09:43:05 AM

Actually, going 11-5 last year and winning the division keeps him alive. Of the records posted atop this thread, there's only ONE winning record over the last TWO years and that's the Bucs' in 2005. You win a division, get a free pass the next year. Win a Super Bowl, you get TWO free passes. I think it's highly unlikely that Gru survives another sub-.500 season provided it's NEXT year. But to compare Green (who won nothing in Arizona), Mora (who won one division then faded twice) and Gruden (who has won two divisions in TB and a Super Bowl) is silly.

In Verner We Trust

#20 : January 02, 2007, 09:43:13 AM

Get out of the Lucky Charms and get back to reality!!

Maybe one of these days you'll realize that some people who don't even like Gruden support him just because they're sick of you. So keep on preaching, slappy.

#21 : January 02, 2007, 09:43:44 AM

What would Jesus do?

Fire Jon Gruden!

And he walks with me
And he talks with me

LMAO!!!! You guys are gettin my morning off to a good start.

#22 : January 02, 2007, 09:46:24 AM

"We're a 4-12 team this year, but we had five or six starters sitting out [Sunday] and in a lot of our games [injuries] were some of the key ingredients to the recipe," he said.

"I mean, the spaghetti doesn't taste the same when there aren't any meatballs in it. We've got to stay healthy. So I'm mad at Alex Smith and Cadillac [Williams]; I'm mad at Michael Clayton and Dan Buenning.

"And I miss [Brian] Kelly and [Simeon] Rice. And [Anthony] McFarland is in Indiana right now. So the spaghetti sauce wasn't quite the same this year. As a matter of fact it tasted lousy. We have to do something about that next year."

This guy has been making excuses all year long.  As a coach, you need a back up plan, see Andy Reid in Philly.  What truly is remarkable is that most of you think that things will some how be magically terrific and different next year??  Get out of the Lucky Charms and get back to reality!!  What did anyone see that would lead you to believe anything will be different next year??  Oh, that's right, all of the cap room and draft picks.  Well, looking back on his track record, that might not be a good thing at all.

I'm on the fence as far as Gruden goes but I don't think anyone can argue with this post at all.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 02, 2007, 09:49:18 AM

What about his track record indicates he won't get it together with the resources he has available?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 02, 2007, 10:04:39 AM

The debate won't die nor will the references to what, when, or why will have folks up in arms all off-season I'm sure.  Does my man deserve the critisism, sure.  But how long do you chastise?  How long do you rail against? 

Until he wins another?  What's the bar here for improvement

The bar for improvement is improvement. Gruden's grubby little paw prints are all over the offense and that unit is this year, and has since he's been here, been an abomination. Pitful and all that. Improvement is what we're looking to see. Direction. I mean how much direction do you see when we're bringing back Simms on the strength of his awful start to this season. That says direction to you? We drafted a OG in r1 to complete the puzzle but it turns out we weren't all that close to the next step <insert it was all about 2007 crap here DTG>. The watchword was continutity when we needed change.

the ironic thing is that since this season has been a near total loss Gruden's bar for improvement is actually pretty low and he could easily craft up a mediocre type 7-9 season and be hailed as making "huge" strides.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 02, 2007, 10:07:54 AM

<insert it was all about 2007 crap here DTG>

Sorry that the FO plan rubs you the wrong way. The owners have been backing it.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 02, 2007, 10:12:46 AM

What about his track record indicates he won't get it together with the resources he has available?

Nothing. That's what the haters are having a hard time with.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 02, 2007, 10:16:16 AM

"Wait until next year!"  -  Grudenista's Mission Statement

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 02, 2007, 10:18:43 AM

Nothing. That's what the haters are having a hard time with.

Track Record??  The guy has done totally nothing since we won the SB.  And please don't throw in last season because after all, according to the Fab Five, Gruden himself knew last year was a fluke and that we would be horrible this season.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#29 : January 02, 2007, 10:19:33 AM

The congregation is so excited...

Stop you are killing me
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gone after three years?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools