Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gone after three years?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 02, 2007, 10:20:12 AM

Nothing. That's what the haters are having a hard time with.

The problem with the haters is they seem to think that those of us who knew full well that Gruden would be given the 2007 season to work through the FO plan don't care about the overall results posted by the team. As you know, that's not the least bit correct. Us fans hate this team's record this year. And if Gruden and the FO can't get this thing back on track in 2007 then their plan is a failure and we won't hesitate to want to see him replaced.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 02, 2007, 10:22:40 AM

The problem with the haters is they seem to think that those of us who knew full well that Gruden would be given the 2007 season to work through the FO plan don't care about the overall results posted by the team. As you know, that's not the least bit correct. Us fans hate this team's record this year. And if Gruden and the FO can't get this thing back on track in 2007 then their plan is a failure and we won't hesitate to want to see him replaced.

That's after he uses up the cap money and drafts another mediocre crop of players.  I personally don't think he should be given the keys to wreck this team.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 02, 2007, 10:26:17 AM

"Wait until next year!"  -  Grudenista's Mission Statement

Oh I can see the excuses materializing now:

1. 7-9 is a big improvement over 4-12
2. We're now the 21st ranked offense, that's a big jump
3. We had a lot of change in the off-season and it takes at least 2 years for players to get Gruden's system.
4. We don't have enough players 24.4-29.367547383 years old. How can we win!
5. Well it isn't Gruden's fault that they couldn't sign <insert highly wanted FA we didn't get>. He can't make players come here.
6. We had a lot of injuries
7. Simms only has <insert # less than 2 years> under his belt. He needs time to grow.
8. He won a Super Bowl
9. Of our X losses Y of them could have gone either way. Gruden can't make the players win/guys were open all over the place.
10. No other coach will look as good with his face pasted over the picture of that well oiled guy on the ceiling in my bedroom.

Basically when the season goes this wrong and the rallying cry is "just show improvement" almost anything will be improvement and thus after next year Gruden really just has to do marginally more than this year for folks to talk about "on the right track" and "rebuilding" has begin.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 02, 2007, 10:27:03 AM

That's after he uses up the cap money and drafts another mediocre crop of players.  I personally don't think he should be given the keys to wreck this team.

The owners don't care what you think. Period.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 02, 2007, 10:30:34 AM

that's the only logical plan. If he can't get it turned around next year then I'll be a "hater" and would like to see a change. I just think Gruden's a good coach and know he will turn it around. The haters are scared he will have success and they'll have to foam at the mouth for the next 5 years with Gruden. I can't wait.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 02, 2007, 10:31:41 AM

That's after he uses up the cap money and drafts another mediocre crop of players. I personally don't think he should be given the keys to wreck this team.

LMAO at you having to deal with Gruden for another 5 years. I love it and hope it makes your skin crawl.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 02, 2007, 10:34:48 AM

I'm sorry Turk, I forgot that your opinion counted more because you supported Gruden.  That's right, you and the owners are very close too, I forgot.  Tell James Bond and Austin Powers I said hello!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 02, 2007, 10:36:00 AM

That's after he uses up the cap money and drafts another mediocre crop of players. I personally don't think he should be given the keys to wreck this team.

LMAO at you having to deal with Gruden for another 5 years. I love it and hope it makes your skin crawl.

That's where you are wrong!  If the guy turns this team around and shows a plan of consistency, then I'm all for him.  With that said, show me his plan keepon?? 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 02, 2007, 10:38:00 AM

I'm sorry Turk, I forgot that your opinion counted more because you supported Gruden. That's right, you and the owners are very close too, I forgot. Tell James Bond and Austin Powers I said hello!

your hilarious. The only opinion that matters are the owners, period. You can speculate, bash, do whatever makes you feel better but the fact is Gruden is here. Once there's success next year you'll have nowhere to go because he'll be here for a Bill Cowher like tenure.

Face it, all of this is for not. The owners have the final say and they said it non-verbally. Sorry to burst your hating bubble.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 02, 2007, 10:39:58 AM

That's where you are wrong! If the guy turns this team around and shows a plan of consistency, then I'm all for him. With that said, show me his plan keepon??

you think any of us know? The most important people who do know are the owners and I'm sure there's some type of plan or he would be gone. He's not going willy-nilly here.

Don't you think the owners saw this downfall coming? Don't you think they were suprised that Gruden won the freak'n division last year when it supposed to be a down year?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 02, 2007, 10:40:42 AM

I'm sorry Turk, I forgot that your opinion counted more because you supported Gruden.

It's not my opinion.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 02, 2007, 10:42:46 AM

Don't you think the owners saw this downfall coming?

Even Rich McKay, who publicly states that he "doesn't believe in windows of opportunity" told the Glazers that the window was going to close on this team.

#42 : January 02, 2007, 10:44:41 AM

I love the 'Gruden Haters' or 'REALISTS' always act like it's the Grudenistas making excuses. Seriously if you want Jon Gruden fired right now you either have 1/2 of your teeth, few remaining a brain cells, or just started cheering for the team last season.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 02, 2007, 10:50:42 AM

The so-called "Grudenistas" are the realists, not the so-called "haters". Gruden wasn't going anywhere, and some of us knew that. That's being a realist. Now if he logs another 4-12 season next year I can dare say you'll be moving me to the "haters" list.

Frankly, casting me as a I'm a fan of my favorite team, not the head coach or the GM.

#44 : January 02, 2007, 10:52:30 AM

The so-called "Grudenistas" are the realists, not the so-called "haters". Gruden wasn't going anywhere, and some of us knew that. That's being a realist. Now if he logs another 4-12 season next year I can dare say you'll be moving me to the "haters" list.

Frankly, casting me as a I'm a fan of my favorite team, not the head coach or the GM.
Well I meant that the 'haters' like to think they are indeed realists.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gone after three years?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools