Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gone after three years?? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

ę #60 : January 02, 2007, 12:42:45 PM Ľ

The reason the Grudenista are such die-hard fans of the coach is becuase in their minds they are still fighting to prove firing Dungy was the right thing.
A mind-reader are we?

ę #61 : January 02, 2007, 12:50:56 PM Ľ

The reason the Grudenista are such die-hard fans of the coach is becuase in their minds they are still fighting to prove firing Dungy was the right thing.
A mind-reader are we?
He is, and you should know this, the power of Brackins compels you.

ę #62 : January 02, 2007, 12:52:26 PM Ľ

A mind-reader are we?
the power of Brackins compels you.
Obviously, that goes without saying.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

ę #63 : January 02, 2007, 12:56:20 PM Ľ

Who is this Tony Dungy you all keep referring to?

Yeah, that is how much Gruden relates to Dungy IN MY BOOK.

I like Gruden not because of anything other than I think he is a good football coach, and the players have to own up to their lack of performance.  Gruden is the one waking upo at 3 AM, not the ballers.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

ę #64 : January 02, 2007, 01:13:18 PM Ľ

you notice all "you'll hate it when he wins" crap shows that in their minds this about a coach and not a team. That's sad.

Really depends on when you became a fan doesn't it? I mean, with that logic us "grudenistas" will follow him wherever he goes. It's wrong to blanket all the "grudenistas" this way because I'll be a huge Buc fan now and after Gruden.

Just because us "grudenistas" will laugh at the haters when the team is winning next year isn't because we like the coach more than the team, it's because we believe he's the right coach for the Bucs right now. Nothing more nothing less Dal.
The 'Gru Haters' think they are better fans because they put down the 'Grudenistas' who are willing to give the coach one more year.

The owners have long been willing to do that. Since that's the reality of the situation, I think many of the so-called "Grudenistas" are at peace with that understanding. And as I've stated before: 2007 will be the litmus test for this regime.

Keep and Dan bring up a few reasons I couldn't have stated any more elegantly...thanks guys  Unfortunately, and I wouldn't know the percentage, there are a few fans I'm sure that feels the way Dal explained.  But all of us don't.  I'm a true Dungyite.  Loved the coach.  Didn't want him to leave.  But one of my comments, and my boy Abuccs can reseach the threads, was that whomever we got after Tony had to win the Super Bowl.  By gosh my man did it!  So if that was my barometer I had no choice to believe that he was the right guy at the right time.  He's our guy and I'm sticking with him until we get another one.  

He proved to me that even with someones else's team, LOL, he could get it done.  I also know what we did to get him.  I guess you could argue that we paid so much and expected him to be the "X" factor and would make up the difference for the cap and the loss draft picks.  He wasn't.  Didn't happen that way.  Doesn't mean he didn't try.  Doesn't mean he couldn't have done any better either.  It's the way he and Bruce chose to go about it.  We had to clean up the cap, which no one gives the "puppet" any credit for, to arrive where we are today.  So there's the plan Guru.  And marked improvement over 4-12 is not difficult with a projected great chance to get to the show again in 08.  Heck as watered down as the NFC is, they could get in as a wildcard next year and maybe raise a little stink.  

So it's all about where your glass in filled with kool-aide, if any.  And how you smoke it...errr, how much you drink...<Hicup>

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gone after three years?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools