Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fullback situation? « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 14, 2008, 08:11:54 AM

If Askew and Storer remain out due to injury, who would you want as fullback?

Smith - not my first choice.  I'd keep him as a TE.  He just had a good game and
Garcia has timing with him.

Graham - superb job against the Panthers.  He needs to run the ball to keep him
hot.  Way to step up Earnest.  Not my first choice.

Gilmore - Known as blocker, physical and has had surprisingly good hands (although
quiet lately)   My first choice for full back and leaves Smith and Stevens as our formidable
TE's.

Sign one...?

What say you?

#1 : October 14, 2008, 08:14:26 AM

Frankly, I like EG in there with Dunn....somewhat of a double threat for defenses to have to consider.....and both Dunn and EG are excellent receivers as well.  I like it.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 14, 2008, 08:27:35 AM

I take gilmore.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

#3 : October 14, 2008, 08:35:38 AM

Frankly, I like EG in there with Dunn....somewhat of a double threat for defenses to have to consider.....and both Dunn and EG are excellent receivers as well. I like it.

I like it too...  It worked with Carolina, in part because they weren't expecting it.   Now there's tape...  and I'm sure the 'hawks and 'boys are looking at it real hard.  I could go either way, but I think the 'diminutive' Dunn and Graham duo as tailback could be very effective behind a BIG guy like Gilmore (6'4" 260lbs) if he can get down to pad level.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#4 : October 14, 2008, 08:44:06 AM

I think we're going to need to bring in a FB until BJ is healthy. Warrick Dunn is not a young man anymore and while he is in tremendous shape he should only get part time carries to keep him healthy with EG carrying the load. jmo

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

#5 : October 14, 2008, 08:49:27 AM

Don't forget for one minute about #29.  I'm liking how it is shaping up.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 14, 2008, 10:04:52 AM

I don't think you risk injury to Graham by having him lead.  He's NOT a FB.  If he's gonna be injured I'd rather it happen while he's running the ball.  He's been our only big play up to this point.  I'd go with Gilmore or a FA with experience in this O, OR a 1 back set, utilizing 2 TE's and 2 WR's.  I'd actually like to see Gruden be creative with his offense.

techstar25

Starter

#7 : October 14, 2008, 11:37:27 AM

I say we dust off ol' number 40.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.

flhjr

Rookie

#8 : October 14, 2008, 11:53:59 AM

I was saying bring back jameel cook but Gilmore sounds really,really nice.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#9 : October 14, 2008, 11:54:35 AM

Sileo was already joking about that this morning. He's lost a decent amount of mass.

#10 : October 14, 2008, 11:54:55 AM

Didn't Jameel get arrested for something recently?

That would get the haters all stirred up and we wouldn't be able to talk football... ;)

JC510

Practice Squad

#11 : October 14, 2008, 11:59:24 AM

Graham at FB in base offense. Graham at RB with Gilmore at FB in short yardage.

Dunn at RB with Graham at FB got stuffed on a 3rd and 1 and a 3rd and 3.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 14, 2008, 12:51:40 PM

Smith at FB, Gonzalez at TE.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 14, 2008, 12:55:16 PM

Dexter Jackson so the defenders would trip over him.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fullback situation? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools