Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms and are no 2 for schaub?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

coopsxx

Starter
: January 02, 2007, 10:22:45 AM

i just made this up, but was thinking it is a good deal on all accounts,

we get a potential franchise qb,
atlanta gets a no2 and a solid backup with potential. (simms is mckay's man)

what do you think?

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 02, 2007, 10:24:42 AM

NO!!!!!!! Don't trade within your division, EVER!!!! Schaub hasn't shown anything to show you that he is a "pontential Franchise QB"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2007, 10:26:00 AM

No.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 02, 2007, 10:27:15 AM

Schaub actually has less skins on the wall than Simms.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

coopsxx

Starter
#4 : January 02, 2007, 10:29:37 AM

simms has shown me nothing though! - i like the kid, and he has balls and loves football but he cant succeed with gruden's system, schaub would be perfect, he is in his 3rd year like rivers (romo in his 4th) he has less game experience but could still be very good.

watson

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 02, 2007, 10:51:20 AM

And if this happened a certain female poster on here would have a coronary.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

bucshot224

Second String

#6 : January 02, 2007, 02:26:44 PM

i just made this up, but was thinking it is a good deal on all accounts,

we get a potential franchise qb,
atlanta gets a no2 and a solid backup with potential. (simms is mckay's man)

what do you think?

[banghead]

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 02, 2007, 02:30:16 PM

simms has shown me nothing though! - i like the kid, and he has balls and loves football but he cant succeed with gruden's system, schaub would be perfect, he is in his 3rd year like rivers (romo in his 4th) he has less game experience but could still be very good.

The guy was great in '05, so clearly he can play.  The job of the staff is to figure out what the hell happened this year and correct it. 

As for Shaub, you're falling into the Gradkowski trap again.  He played well in a few games but got the hell out before teams caught on to him.  I would rather just draft Troy Smith or Drew Stanton in the 2nd and keep Simms instead of trading him and a 2nd.

#8 : January 02, 2007, 02:34:58 PM

interesting

bucs1

Practice Squad
#9 : January 02, 2007, 03:06:12 PM

NO WAY!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 02, 2007, 03:24:21 PM

I think if Schaub can get from behind a clipboard and can take off the headphones he might be something...not sure what you give for a guy like that but somebody is going to pay it...or the kid walks next year as unrestricted...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 02, 2007, 03:26:34 PM

Nope.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 02, 2007, 07:45:22 PM

The guy was great in '05, so clearly he can play. The job of the staff is to figure out what the hell happened this year and correct it.

As for Shaub, you're falling into the Gradkowski trap again. He played well in a few games but got the hell out before teams caught on to him. I would rather just draft Troy Smith or Drew Stanton in the 2nd and keep Simms instead of trading him and a 2nd.

Why does everybody say Simms played great last year?  Showed promise, sure, but great NO!  The 49ers and Jets, perhaps the two worst teams in 05, manhandled our offense.

#13 : January 02, 2007, 07:46:58 PM

As much as I dislike Simms we're getting robbed badly on that deal.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 02, 2007, 07:50:44 PM

I think if Schaub can get from behind a clipboard and can take off the headphones he might be something...not sure what you give for a guy like that but somebody is going to pay it...or the kid walks next year as unrestricted...
  Schaub or Garcia - take the vet Garcia, coach up Simms, Gradkowski or whomever, move to improve other postions

PS Schaub has alot to prove.  He might be worth a second round choice from Indy, but that is about it for me.  Would rather pay for Garcia.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms and are no 2 for schaub?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools