Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms and are no 2 for schaub?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2007, 07:51:58 PM

I'm not saying I want him.  I just think the kid will be find if he can find a true WCO to perform in...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#16 : January 02, 2007, 07:54:05 PM

simms has shown me nothing though! - i like the kid, and he has balls and loves football but he cant succeed with gruden's system, schaub would be perfect, he is in his 3rd year like rivers (romo in his 4th) he has less game experience but could still be very good.

The guy was great in '05, so clearly he can play. The job of the staff is to figure out what the hell happened this year and correct it.

As for Shaub, you're falling into the Gradkowski trap again. He played well in a few games but got the hell out before teams caught on to him. I would rather just draft Troy Smith or Drew Stanton in the 2nd and keep Simms instead of trading him and a 2nd.

Why does everybody say Simms played great last year? Showed promise, sure, but great NO! The 49ers and Jets, perhaps the two worst teams in 05, manhandled our offense.
Simms didn't play against the Jets, that was SoB, and the 49ers game was his first start last season.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 02, 2007, 07:55:14 PM

I'm not saying I want him.  I just think the kid will be find if he can find a true WCO to perform in...
  We are on the same page, my bad.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2007, 08:45:59 PM

yeah Schaub is 0-4 in games he has played significantly in

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2007, 10:11:21 PM

Schaub and the Falcons #2 for Simms would be a more fair trade.   I'd consider that one.   Simms and our #2 for Schaub?   Not even a consideration.

#20 : January 02, 2007, 10:13:23 PM

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 02, 2007, 10:18:34 PM

Why would we trade Simms?  We just signed him and his deal doesn't start until next year.  I don't know if there is any rule about trading somebody before their contract even starts, but even if you could you wouldn't do it.  Simms and his agent worked hard to get a deal done with the Bucs, and if they wanted to play for another team they would have been a free agent. The Bucs can't turn around and trade him now.  Thats ridiculous. You just don't do it even if you could, because you would alienate every agent who you would need to work with in the future.

This is a ridiculous idea. Sorry.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 02, 2007, 10:31:36 PM

I'd trade Simms and our #2 for Rivers.    I'd trade a 3rd round pick for Schaub.

bucshot224

Second String

#23 : January 02, 2007, 10:35:56 PM

NO WAY!!
What do you know? You're just a DT!  :D

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 02, 2007, 11:03:36 PM

i just made this up, but was thinking it is a good deal on all accounts,

we get a potential franchise qb,
atlanta gets a no2 and a solid backup with potential. (simms is mckay's man)

what do you think?

This just in...Schaub has a 48% career completion percentage. Gradkowski has more experience in the league than this guy (and has put up better numbers).

Why the frak would we trade Simms - who's proven that he can win games in this league AND a 2nd round pick to a division rival for an unproven commodity?

If Bruce came to him with that deal, McKay would laugh hysterically off of his chair, pass out, then come to, call Bruce back, ask if he was serious, laugh some more, pass out again, call Bruce back and say, "Sure, pal, you got it."

Thank god you're not in charge of running this franchise.

In Jon's words "Are you out of your *#$!$%! skull!"?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#25 : January 02, 2007, 11:40:22 PM

Schaub is the next Drew Brees.  Do it.  Simms for Schaub even up.  We get more cap room and a QB with as much upside as Simms.   This is a good deal.  Swing it Bruce.  Swing it Rich.

#26 : January 02, 2007, 11:48:09 PM

Schaub is the next Drew Brees.  Do it.  Simms for Schaub even up.  We get more cap room and a QB with as much upside as Simms.   This is a good deal.  Swing it Bruce.  Swing it Rich.
Next Drew Brees?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : January 02, 2007, 11:51:50 PM

Well if you just made this up then you do know it's a stupid idea.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 02, 2007, 11:52:14 PM

Schaub equals unproven player.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : January 02, 2007, 11:54:19 PM

We have Grads for that.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms and are no 2 for schaub?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools