Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Comments from Kiper on Raiders and Browns... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« #15 : January 02, 2007, 02:19:50 PM »

I agree. There are too many young QB's that have come in and done well from Phillip Rivers and Ben Rothelisberger to Vince Young, Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart. For them to pass yet again on another supposedly franchise QB would be a mistake once you factor in their ineptitude on offense and the quartback play in particular.

You could be talking about the BUcs here too. Would it be a bad idea for the Bucs to take Russell or Quinn now that Simms is back to provide a little insurance going into FA and the draft? Id prefer Joe Thomas. Personally I really like the top end of this years draft

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #16 : January 02, 2007, 02:22:52 PM »

That's true, Kiper has turned down the job several times.  The last few years he was wrong about who we would pick.  He was the most adament about us picking Stephen Jackson.  When the pick fell to us and he was on the board, Kiper insisted, and thought that we would take him.  Obviously, we didn't and I still wish we had.

Does anyone else find it odd that Gaines Adams was nowhere in this when Kiper was talking about players for Cleveland to select?  He stated one of their needs as Defensive Line.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 02, 2007, 02:25:11 PM »

That's true, Kiper has turned down the job several times.  The last few years he was wrong about who we would pick.  He was the most adament about us picking Stephen Jackson.  When the pick fell to us and he was on the board, Kiper insisted, and thought that we would take him.  Obviously, we didn't and I still wish we had.

Does anyone else find it odd that Gaines Adams was nowhere in this when Kiper was talking about players for Cleveland to select?  He stated one of their needs as Defensive Line.

Kiper's job is half guessing who teams will pick and half guessing who they should.  He clearly beat our FO on that pick.  But then again, we'd have Mike Williams right now if it was up to him.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 02, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »

Kiper's thing is, as opposed to Rick Gosselin, he doesn't even talk to the NFL types to figure out who they will pick. He's bit is to talk about who they should pick.

I'm sure Kiper didn't have Adams for CLe since he's a 4-3 end and not really  a3-4 DE. The value ins't there taking a DE that high in that scheme.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 02, 2007, 02:26:17 PM »

That's true, Kiper has turned down the job several times.  The last few years he was wrong about who we would pick.  He was the most adament about us picking Stephen Jackson.  When the pick fell to us and he was on the board, Kiper insisted, and thought that we would take him.  Obviously, we didn't and I still wish we had.

Does anyone else find it odd that Gaines Adams was nowhere in this when Kiper was talking about players for Cleveland to select?  He stated one of their needs as Defensive Line.

I agree; I still can't believe we didn't take Jackson.

Cleveland runs a 3-4, and Adams wouldn't be a very good fit (unless possibly at OLB).

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 02, 2007, 03:10:26 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Raiders pluck Thomas to take over for the disappointing Robert Gallery. The did draft Andrew Walter in 2005 and he hasn't really had a chance to develop with that crap OL.

Then again, Gallery might've scared them away from drafting a tackle so high.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 02, 2007, 03:18:06 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Raiders pluck Thomas to take over for the disappointing Robert Gallery. The did draft Andrew Walter in 2005 and he hasn't really had a chance to develop with that crap OL.

Then again, Gallery might've scared them away from drafting a tackle so high. 

They need Thomas but getting that premier QB is almost as big as getting the premier LOT. I'd not be shocked to see anyone take Thomas before us but OAK definately scares me. Hopefully you are right and they are gunshy on the OL now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

« #22 : January 02, 2007, 03:22:06 PM »

I'm sure Kiper didn't have Adams for CLe since he's a 4-3 end and not really a3-4 DE. The value ins't there taking a DE that high in that scheme.

good point

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #23 : January 02, 2007, 03:35:28 PM »

I think our own selection is going to be driven more by the Raiders selection than any real scouting report. Unless we trade down, I believe we wind up going BPA and taking Johnson or Thomas. If the Raiders draft Quinn, then the Lions draft either Thomas (and move Backus to RT) or more likely, Gaines giving us Johnson (we can safely assume that Cleveland will draft either Thomas or most likely Peterson). If Raiders draft Johnson, Lions will take Quinn (Browns pick remains same) and we get Gaines or Thomas. If Raders draft Adams, Lions go Quinn, Browns pick remains and we get Adams or Johnson again.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Comments from Kiper on Raiders and Browns... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools