Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE and The US Military « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 16, 2008, 10:14:56 AM

yeah krazy, readings difficult for me - another brilliant remark.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 16, 2008, 10:15:18 AM

Link?

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#47 : October 16, 2008, 10:16:57 AM

ok sport - he's been a US Senator a long time with a record of bucking his party at difficult times in the name of the country. �he's missed more days of work than obama's been at work. �he shed his blood for this country. �he's never been affiliated with anyone that bombed federal buildings, he's the only one in the campaign not playing the race card, he's working to get your vote. �

if you don't vote for him that's your right - him telling his story about what he's endured in service of this country makes him unfit to lead your country, but obama is naturally ready because he's an ACORN guy with a home purchased through a backroom deal with a multiple count felon that did more to hurt inner city folks in housing than anyone on record in obama's freakin' district history. �

obama's story resonates with you and mccain's unfit for telling his story - got it. �confused as helll but i got it. �unreal.

I'm not concerned with arguing who's more qualified, who will be president, or anything else.

My sole point was it's beyond retarded to make the connection between being a POW and being a good president. Completely unrelated. There's absolutely NO reason to bring up McCain being a POW incessantly. Especially when they trot out his former torturer for endorsements.. pathetic lol.

They're playing the patriotic heart strings of stupid Americans. Just like some people (Gulliani) drop 9/11 over and over to try and bring validity to whatever horsecrap he's spewing.

Want to show the country who John McCain is, then tell us a relevant story. Tell me your economic policy, tell me how you'll right this crisis, tell me exactly how you'll invest in the future in regards to renewable energy and rebuilding the country's infastructure.

Unless I missed the memo and being president is like the Russian roulette scenes in Deer Hunter... I don't see McCain's POW status helping him lead.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 16, 2008, 10:20:57 AM

yeah krazy, readings difficult for me - another brilliant remark.

judging by your last few posts I can tell it is.

You either took the post way out of context or youre just so blinded by your political views that you only see what you want to see.

POW doesnt have anything to do with being President, yet you turned that into "you dont respect POWS".

That would be poor reading comprehension.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 16, 2008, 10:22:55 AM

then why do i have to hear about obama's mama marrying a married guy and having a kid that turned into a US Senator?  what's being a community organizer got to do with being a POTUS?  you act like mccain's story is insulting, but this guy reprising his role as a fictiional character from his own book stands on a mountain merit - imo, pathetic lol.

don't vote for mccain, but don't dishonor his service to this country.  i don't think obama's accomplished squat and he'll not get my vote, but i don't know where i've ever said being a POW is the reason to vote mccain.  maybe others have and i'd agree with you that being a POW is not the lytmus test.

playing the patriotic heart strings?  go check out a Biden speech...

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 16, 2008, 10:24:53 AM

krazy - you're the best, but you're coming at me from left field on this one.  i didn't make the statement, Mags did...

fwiw, i think being a POW carries more merit than community organizer.  we may differ on that.  i'm not voting for mccain because he's a POW, i'm voting against obama for what he stands for philosophically - not because i hate him.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#51 : October 16, 2008, 10:27:15 AM

Litmus test? lol did I suddenly get thrown into a presidential debate where we throw around buzz words and zinger catch phrases? lol

I'm just trying to stay alive on main street and McCain is driving 95 the wrong way down wall street..

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 16, 2008, 10:42:39 AM

Mags - no cliche's there, eh?

hey, i hear ya - it's tough and getting worse.  i hope obama can deliver the goods - he's gonna win, and ran the better campaign.

i hope he remains as calm and presidential as he's appeared.  i hope the tax talk is true despite the math saying otherwise.

good luck to us all - great debate!

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#53 : October 16, 2008, 10:51:22 AM

For the record, I don't really agree with much/anything Obama is for. Except change, anything going away from the last 8 years is good for this country.

But I'm smart enough to know it's a certainty either McCain or Obama will be the next president. I trust Obama's intelligence and ability to give off a stately, calm, cool and collected vibe more than McCain's wishy washy sometimes this sometimes that attitude lol

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE and The US Military « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools