Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BARRY TO DETROIT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: January 02, 2007, 01:16:23 PM

On Tuesday, Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli fired defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson, paving the way for him to hire his original choice for that position, Buccaneers linebackers coach Joe Barry, who is his son-in-law. Marinelli wanted to hire Barry last year in the same capacity but was unable to as the Bucs made Barry honor the final year of his contract with the team. Barry's contract expired after the 2006 season.

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/2784

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 02, 2007, 01:19:09 PM

There's a shocker.  Any leads on a replacement?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2007, 01:21:30 PM

Not a surprise, but thanks for the info.

BucsAddict

Starter

#3 : January 02, 2007, 01:21:39 PM

I havent followed detroit, but thats pretty callous if Marinelli hired him just to fire him 1 year later.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 02, 2007, 01:22:01 PM

I hope they do more research this year than just taking 2 coaches from USC. I want a guy who people love to play for and can have the same attitude as many of our previous assitants who have moved on.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 02, 2007, 01:24:42 PM

Maybe I'm being cynical, but the question mark in the article has got to go.  We all know the real deal there bro... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 02, 2007, 01:24:57 PM

I hope they do more research this year than just taking 2 coaches from USC. I want a guy who people love to play for and can have the same attitude as many of our previous assitants who have moved on.

Monte has not given me a reason to doubt him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2007, 01:25:56 PM

My biggest concern is that we now have nobody to take over for Kiffen when he retires.  I know Kiffen likes young guys so he can groom/mold them, but I really think we've got to sign someone qualified and ready to take over the D in a few years when Kiffen hangs 'em up.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 02, 2007, 01:27:17 PM

Yeah if you like Jethro and Frank.... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsAddict

Starter

#9 : January 02, 2007, 01:32:49 PM

ehh the jury is out on the 3 new assistants

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#10 : January 02, 2007, 01:35:42 PM

Our team would be vastly improved imo if we hired Art Shell as the O-line coach and Tim Brown as our WR coach.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2007, 01:38:01 PM

Our team would be vastly improved imo if we hired Art Shell as the O-line coach and Tim Brown as our WR coach.

I don't know about Tim, but I'm all for Art to be the oline coach...Or even Lomas Brown.  I know that's a name out of the blue, but I still think he had something to do with helping the oline down the stretch in 2002...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 02, 2007, 01:42:21 PM

Barry's a great coach and this gives him an excellent opportunity. My question is when will the assitant coaching carosuel end?

Tired of this shlt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 02, 2007, 01:43:58 PM

I like Jethro but I am not sure about Burns.

#14 : January 02, 2007, 01:46:20 PM

Barry's a great coach and this gives him an excellent opportunity. My question is when will the assitant coaching carosuel end?

Tired of this shlt.
This should be it.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BARRY TO DETROIT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools