Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Excellence in coaches « previous next »
Page: 1

richbucsfan

Starter

: January 02, 2007, 01:18:59 PM

With Barry going to Detroit, the Bucs absolutely must get the best coaching talent if 2007 is going to be a championship season.  I do not know who the movers and shakers are in the coaching field, but one thing I can tell you, whoever is picked must bring top notch credentials.  We can't afford coaches with 'potential'.  Potential plus $1.50 will buy you a cup of cheap coffee.  Proven talent and production on the NFL are minimum requirements.  What say you?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 02, 2007, 01:24:20 PM

I say that assistant coaches, above all, need to be good teachers.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2007, 01:37:46 PM

Good assistant coaches don't just grow on trees. And generally, the more the good ones get noticed, the closer they are to requiring a promotion to move on to another team. That's how we lost Herm, Lovie and Rod...

So unless we are looking to replace a HC, DC or OC, we're probably going to be forced into training young "potential" on how the Bucs do things..

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 02, 2007, 02:19:17 PM

With Barry going to Detroit, the Bucs absolutely must get the best coaching talent if 2007 is going to be a championship season. I do not know who the movers and shakers are in the coaching field, but one thing I can tell you, whoever is picked must bring top notch credentials. We can't afford coaches with 'potential'. Potential plus $1.50 will buy you a cup of cheap coffee. Proven talent and production on the NFL are minimum requirements. What say you?

We could hire an army of cloned Vince Lombardis and 2007 still wouldn't be a championship season.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#4 : January 02, 2007, 02:27:19 PM

I agree, we are not winning and titles next year.  We are not going to be very good, but we need to get some good assistant coaches to help this team.  They can grow in their first year and then in 2008 or 2009 we can make a run at the division.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#5 : January 02, 2007, 03:37:25 PM

I'm relatively satisfied with Franklin's performance (I think the one unit that performed relatively well - all things considered - for us was the D-line). But we need a new DB coach.

richbucsfan

Starter

#6 : January 02, 2007, 03:40:57 PM

Hey guys, we HAVE to be good next year.  Gruden's on the hot seat and no one works harder and produces more than someone on the hot seat. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Excellence in coaches « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools