Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Joe the Plumber" doesn't have a plumbers license. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#225 : October 19, 2008, 03:32:13 PM

Yes I do. I think he's gonna be in the center of your TV screen every time the President speaks for a verrrry long time.

LOL.  Nice save.  I agree with you about the TV screen, but that's it:

Senator Obama is the most Liberal Senator by vote rating:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/news/2008/01/obama_ranked_most_liberal_sena_1.html

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#226 : October 19, 2008, 03:33:06 PM

He won't be a Senator for much longer.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#227 : October 19, 2008, 04:13:05 PM

Well, of course he isn't going to buy the business.  The future President just told him of the his plans that will tax his hard work in order to be "fair."  It's better to stay a low-income earner and reap the rewards of the systems than to bust your arse and get taxed for "fairness."

How mellow dramatic.  We already have some for the lowest tax brackets for the wealthy you can find on the plant.  Our top rate of 35% doesn't kick in until $357k of taxable income, yet we trail countries like the UK for job creation, and their top rate is 40% and starts at $57k.

The system is broken, and its only benefiting the extremely wealthy right now.  If the top rate gets hiked to 40% and you are lucky enough to be effected by it I don't have an ounce of sympathy.   Personally I don't mind paying a little more tax if education, and health care are the benefactors.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#228 : October 19, 2008, 04:21:35 PM

Well, of course he isn't going to buy the business.  The future President just told him of the his plans that will tax his hard work in order to be "fair."  It's better to stay a low-income earner and reap the rewards of the systems than to bust your arse and get taxed for "fairness."

How mellow dramatic.  We already have some for the lowest tax brackets for the wealthy you can find on the plant.  Our top rate of 35% doesn't kick in until $357k of taxable income, yet we trail countries like the UK for job creation, and their top rate is 40% and starts at $57k.

The system is broken, and its only benefiting the extremely wealthy right now.  If the top rate gets hiked to 40% and you are lucky enough to be effected by it I don't have an ounce of sympathy.   Personally I don't mind paying a little more tax if education, and health care are the benefactors.

Yeah, lot's of incentives to buy into a small business alright...

The system is more than broken, it's too big.  Adding more isn't going to help things.

By the way, it's "melodramatic" not "mellow dramatic."

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#229 : October 19, 2008, 04:31:04 PM

Yeah, lot's of incentives to buy into a small business alright...

Its a simple choice, work for $60-70k or start/buy a small business.  If you choose the latter you might eventually earn in excess of $250k and pay a little more tax on earnings ABOVE that level.  So what, BFD, you seriously think 5-10% extra tax on earnings over $250k will slow the economy?  It will not happen because if someone like Joe is "earning" (used very loosely) more than $250k it is because he has several employees working for him.  The choices will be dead simple, lay someone off and lose the income stream or do the work yourself. 

The evidence from other countries that have made similar tax changes disprove the scare mongering about jobs and the economy.  Lets face it the last eights years of tax cuts have done a mighty fine job of achieving ?????????.....well not much actually. 

Admirebucs

Starter

#230 : October 19, 2008, 11:05:30 PM

Nobody should get tax cuts.....the US is in so much dept and both candidates are talking about tax cuts......Selling the economy to get elected.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#231 : October 20, 2008, 12:50:18 AM

I am done with this thread White Tiger Your an Idiot and a moron for being narrow minded and arguing a moot point...Get over yourself...OBD p.s. I am not coming back to this thread...OBD

If I didn't like you JUST a little bit I would have clicked you out of here...

That is single handidly the worst possible debate technique I've ever read - you distract, you lie and then when you discover that it IS in fact  possible to own a business in Florida without having a license you give me the equivalent of "...I'm takin' my ball and going home..."?

In debate parlance that's called being:

OBD-the Plumber - It's ok - you can come back anytime you like.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#232 : October 20, 2008, 01:00:25 AM

Nobody should get tax cuts.....the US is in so much dept and both candidates are talking about tax cuts......Selling the economy to get elected.

No, actually here's the funny thing.

Everytime we cut taxes revenue goes up...!? I know counter-inuitive for those raised on progressive income taxes and government deficit spending.

The REAL problem is that regardless of how much tax revenues the government takes in...it always manages to spend more than we collect...? So the real problem is not cutting revenue streams the real problem is spending like a drunken sailor...(no offense to drunken sailors, as it's your money you should spend it anyway way you want).

When you run into economic difficulties at home you start looking to cut back on the extra's...not enough money at the end of the month? Well then it's time to cut the cable, cut back on beer, cut back on eating out, cut back on going out to movies...

Only in congress do we spend MORE when we run into economic difficulties. Only in congress do they call it a tax cut when you give an income tax cut to a group of people that don't pay income taxes...where I come from we call that welfare"...and that comes from taking income from one American and giving it to another the government thinks is needy....

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#233 : October 21, 2008, 01:51:12 AM

Glad to have you back - and it's good to know you can be taught as well as ow3nd.

;)

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#234 : October 20, 2008, 10:04:45 PM

I am done with this thread White Tiger Your an Idiot and a moron for being narrow minded and arguing a moot point...Get over yourself...OBD p.s. I am not coming back to this thread...OBD

If I didn't like you JUST a little bit I would have clicked you out of here...

That is single handidly the worst possible debate technique I've ever read - you distract, you lie and then when you discover that it IS in fact  possible to own a business in Florida without having a license you give me the equivalent of "...I'm takin' my ball and going home..."?

In debate parlance that's called being:

OBD-the Plumber - It's ok - you can come back anytime you like.

Actually you have taught me you can't teach dumb because for you it just comes naturally...OBD

Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Joe the Plumber" doesn't have a plumbers license. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools