Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the coin flip before Free Agency starts? « previous next »
Page: 1

: January 02, 2007, 03:17:02 PM

Free Agency starts on March 1 right? Will the BUcs know their draft position before free agency start?

BucsAddict

Starter

#1 : January 02, 2007, 03:39:23 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11547391/

Last years coin toss was done in february.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

#2 : January 02, 2007, 03:42:52 PM

I just think if the coin toss is in March like I hear, and FA starts March 1 it could hurt the BUcs if they choose not to take a run at a premier LT in FA with plans to draft Joe Thomas. Then tehy lose the flip, the Browns take Thomas #3 overall. I was just curious

BucsAddict

Starter

#3 : January 02, 2007, 03:45:04 PM

I just think if the coin toss is in March like I hear, and FA starts March 1 it could hurt the BUcs if they choose not to take a run at a premier LT in FA with plans to draft Joe Thomas. Then tehy lose the flip, the Browns take Thomas #3 overall. I was just curious

dont see why they would do the coin toss in 2006 on feb 23 and now do it after FA starts.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

#4 : January 02, 2007, 03:48:48 PM

There really aren't any premier LT other than Leonard Davis, and the coin toss is at the Combine, which will be before the FA period begins.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#5 : January 02, 2007, 04:15:23 PM

There really aren't any premier LT other than Leonard Davis, and the coin toss is at the Combine, which will be before the FA period begins.

Jon Stitchcomb is technically an RFA but he's more of a right tackle.

#6 : January 02, 2007, 04:16:28 PM

Yeah, and the Saints won't let him go IMO.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2007, 04:21:14 PM

When did Leonard Davis become a "premier LT"?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#8 : January 02, 2007, 04:22:00 PM

When did Leonard Davis become a "premier LT"?
He's not, but he's the best out there...and he provides shade.

#9 : January 02, 2007, 05:38:19 PM

There's MAx Starks and who knows maybe a couple more guys end up on the streets somehow. This isnt a very likely scenario, but I was curious. First of all this would mean the BUcs feel the need to make an improvement at LT, and that is not something anyone is positive about yet. Then we would have to assume we are targeting Joe Thomas as that impovement, again it is a stretch to assume that the BUcs are making their FA plans around who they draft. Lastly, there would have to be a LT in FA that could be pretty damn good, which is something IM not sure about right now. So in this scenario, the Bucs would like to move Anthony Davis inside to guard or simply feel he is a better backup T, the Bucs would have to be targeting Joe Thomas as the new LT, March 1 FA starts and a very good LT is available and overlooked by the BUcs who are banking on Oakland and Detroit passing on Joe Thomas so the BUcs could take him, then the coin flip happens after the first wave of FA already signed and the Bucs lose and Cleveland picks 3rd and Tampa 4th. Cleveland drafts Thomas, the BUcs are unhappy and the premier FA LT are already gone.

Just a scenario I thought of when I heard the coin flip is in March
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the coin flip before Free Agency starts? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools