Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2008 Orlando Magic discussion thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 28 29 30

LFO

Hall of Famer

#435 : April 04, 2009, 11:26:41 PM

Magic about to beat the Hawks again and clinch the season series.

The number of open 3's the Magic have had tonight disturbs me.

Even then, Magic only hit 9-30.  Of course, ATL went even worse in 3-19.  It was an ugly game for sure, Magic shooting only 38%, 30% and 70%, and Atlanta 39%, 16%, 73 % (FG, 3, FT).  It certainly looked bleak when Orlando went down 10 with 5 minutes or so left in the 3rd, but nice comeback by the Magic to build a big lead and hang on. 

I still wonder if the Magic would be better off "winning" the 3 and getting Philly (or Miami maybe) and Boston on the road in round 2.....or winning the 2 and perhaps playing Detroit 1st round therefore getting home court with Boston potentially in round 2....

Detroit scares me as much as any team in the East as far as the Magic and matchups are concerned. 

escobar

Hall of Famer

#436 : April 05, 2009, 01:08:57 AM

Seriously how can you say Cleveland is a joke? Thats a joke

They have the best record in the NBA  and if "Lebron and a bunch of extremely average players" was all it took to be the best team in basketball then why didnt that stratgey work the last 6 years?

That roster is so much better now than it was 2 years ago its unreal. Its a very well constructed team, whereas 2-3 years ago it was just Lebron James and a bunch of extremely average players. I mean Mo WIlliams has played like an all star all year, and they have one of the top 2-3 defenses in basketball and Lebron isnt the major cause of that.

So what they had a bad night, you cant judge a team off of one bad night. I really dont get how the best team in basketball all year is a joke

Don't assume things. I'm not judging the Cavs based on one bad night, I've always thought they were a joke. And why is it that MO Williams was an all star this year? Hmmm, it wouldn't be because he is now playing with Lebron, would it? In all the Cleveland games I've watched this year when LBJ goes to the bench they look pathetic. He IS that team, without him they would be dead last in the standings, I'm positive of it. You can't say that for any other elite team. The Cavs have one way to beat you, it's called Lebron, neutralize him and it's game over. I've always been unimpressed with them and that won't change...it's a bunch of average players looking great because of one unreal player. You will see what I'm talking about when Lebron leaves and they put that awful starting four back on the court and add in Lebron's replacement....they'd be lucky to win 15 games even with the great Mo Williams running the show. What's next... are you going to try and convince me Rondo is good?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#437 : April 08, 2009, 11:17:18 PM

Hell of a comeback tonight by the Magic.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#438 : April 08, 2009, 11:35:17 PM

Hell of a comeback tonight by the Magic.

Grizzlies are playing good. Portland had to come back from 18 vs the Grizzlies last night

#439 : April 09, 2009, 01:39:36 AM

They have a lot of talent. OKC does too
Page: 1 ... 28 29 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2008 Orlando Magic discussion thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools