Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Rays' meltdown adversely impact the Bucs on Sunday night? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
: October 18, 2008, 11:49:15 PM

The question has to be asked. Will RayJay be sufficiently distracted to cost the Bucs homefield advantage to the point that they blow this game?
This is an extremely critical game given what lies ahead. We have a chance to go DEEP into the NFC playoffs.
But will the collective bummer bring the Bucs down?

In Verner We Trust

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : October 19, 2008, 12:08:40 AM

I know that half of the fans in the club section will have Rays gear on and will be asking for the score of the Rays game the whole time.  It's really too bad.  Hopefully, the fans aren't too distracted by the Rays and hopefully they don't give up their Bucs tickets to go to the Rays game.  It will be very disappointing if there are a lot of empty seats at RJS for a primetime game honoring Alstott.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 19, 2008, 12:14:49 AM

Tomorrow has the potential to be a HUGE day for our area. Let's hope it works out that way. If both the Bucs and Rays lose I won't watch ESPN for a month.

#3 : October 19, 2008, 12:16:04 AM

I know that half of the fans in the club section will have Rays gear on and will be asking for the score of the Rays game the whole time.  It's really too bad.  Hopefully, the fans aren't too distracted by the Rays and hopefully they don't give up their Bucs tickets to go to the Rays game.  It will be very disappointing if there are a lot of empty seats at RJS for a primetime game honoring Alstott.

Was just having this conversation a lil while ago..... I expect Ray Jay to be 1/3 empty tmrw nite.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 19, 2008, 12:23:09 AM

Just **CENSORED**ing fantastic... this is totally gonna ruin the primetime game. im so mad right now.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 19, 2008, 12:24:29 AM

Bucs win..........Rays lose..............just saying

JERZYBUCFAN

Rookie

#6 : October 19, 2008, 12:32:34 AM

i want both tampa teams to win

1) because i need my bucs to win

2)because im a phillies fan and i dont wanna play the soxxx

RudeGuy

Starter

#7 : October 19, 2008, 12:42:07 AM

I know that half of the fans in the club section will have Rays gear on and will be asking for the score of the Rays game the whole time.  It's really too bad.  Hopefully, the fans aren't too distracted by the Rays and hopefully they don't give up their Bucs tickets to go to the Rays game.  It will be very disappointing if there are a lot of empty seats at RJS for a primetime game honoring Alstott.

Was just having this conversation a lil while ago..... I expect Ray Jay to be 1/3 empty tmrw nite.

Are you for real? This has never happened before in this area, so how can you make such a statement. When the Bucs and Rays played at the same time recently, the Bucs vs the Broncos and the Rays vs the White Sox in the ALDS, the Bucs held a decisive edge in television ratings.

#8 : October 19, 2008, 12:48:01 AM

I may be mistaken, but the Rays weren't playing in a game 7 to go to a World Series.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 19, 2008, 12:50:07 AM

Com'on Hate, you know better than to state that RayJay will be 1/3 empty. It a Sunday Night national game. It's a
tribute to Mike Alstott and the BUCS are favored to win over the hated Seahawks. Base takes second place in the Bay
area to BUCS. I wish/hope/would love for the RAYS to win and get into the World Series and win it. But FOOTBALL IS KING
in these here parts.
Also, this is a football message board. lol

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 19, 2008, 01:04:33 AM

The ALCS should have been over and done with Thursday night. The Rays had two chances to put that thing away and their 3rd and final chance does not look all that promising.

Ratings might be bad nationally for the Bucs game...but who cares. As long as the stadium makes noise and the Bucs win. That's all that counts.

#11 : October 19, 2008, 01:09:44 AM

Com'on Hate, you know better than to state that RayJay will be 1/3 empty. It a Sunday Night national game. It's a
tribute to Mike Alstott and the BUCS are favored to win over the hated Seahawks. Base takes second place in the Bay
area to BUCS. I wish/hope/would love for the RAYS to win and get into the World Series and win it. But FOOTBALL IS KING
in these here parts.
Also, this is a football message board. lol

Let me be clear.... for me its not even close. I'm all about the Bucs.

However, I don't know if you've been to a game lately, but Ray Jay has not been full. Throw in the fact that its a night game which many don't like,  some folks have to go to work on Monday morn, we're playing a crap Seattle team, and the Rays are in a game 7..... a partially empty Ray Jay won't surprise me.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 19, 2008, 01:17:24 AM

By the look of some of those Rays fans in the stands, some of them may now head out to the bucs game, and check the baseball score on their cell phones every now and then.

I mean on my phone, you can even get the pitch by pitch play.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#13 : October 19, 2008, 01:41:05 AM

I'm sure the Ray-J scoreboard will also keep us informed. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 19, 2008, 01:52:05 AM

Adversely affect the ratings for a sub-par game?

Sure.

I know I will be flipping between both games.  Hell, I might even bring down the other LCD screen to watch both at once...

Or maybe I buy another to line up next to the big AQUOS.  Either way, I have been losing sleep watching these baseball games creep into the early morn...the MLB needs to change how they do their business.  The late night stuff is stupid.  They can start a game at 5 or six.  The plodding pace of the game just slays me.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Rays' meltdown adversely impact the Bucs on Sunday night? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools